Match report Vs Leamington FCVenue: AggboroughDate: 07-11-20Att: 0000 (away fans: 000)

07-11-20 - Report - Kidderminster Harriers 1 Leamington FC 1

Harriers and Leamington finish all square

Report: Harriershane

On the day the Harriers were due to travel to Guiseley, they instead welcomed Leamington to Aggborough in a hastily arranged fixture which saw the return of Amari Morgan-Smith from suspension. Omari Sterling-James was ruled out with what is hopefully nothing more than a minor injury, giving Koby Arthur his first start in a red shirt.

The game was only five minutes old when the first attack of the game yielded the first of the game’s goals and it went the way of the visitors. Jack Edwards stuck gamely to his task in an advanced position and managed to get a shot off which was blocked. The ball fell kindly to the former Stourbridge forward Kaiman Anderson who finished with aplomb to grab his first goal of the season.

Anderson appeared to take great heart from his goal and proceeded to be a threat both with and without the ball as he pressed the Harriers backline relentlessly as The Brakes looked to take full advantage of what was a traditionally slow start from Harriers.

The funk was shaken off on the quarter hour mark though as the Harriers pulled level. A teasing ball through to Ashley Hemmings committed the defender, who slid into intercept unsuccessfully, allowing the wideman to lift the ball up to the back post where Arthur was waiting for a simple header from close range.

As the game settled into its pattern both sides would have their moments going forward, winning set plays, although Harriers could probably be fairly judged to have had more of the play without ever really testing former loanee Jake Weaver.

The best of the chances of the rest of the half went the way of Hemmings for Harriers, who struck a free kick wide, and Jack Lane for Leamington who saw his far post header deflected out for a corner.

HT: 1 – 1

Straight from kick off the Brakes were off as Leamington looked to get back in front, Sam Osborne finding the side netting before Luke Simpson had to be alert to thwart Anderson once again following positive work from Simeon Maye.

As in the first half the Harriers would take their time but eventually got going ten minutes into the half as Alex Prosser unleashed an effort from twenty yards out that Weaver had to be alert to.

Leamington’s increased attacking intent in this half very nearly paid dividends as Harriers escaped an almighty scare; Junior English causing havoc from Osborne’s free kick forcing a flying save from Simpson before the rebound was nodded off the line by Lewis Montrose.

Attempting to turn that piece of luck into a goal of their own the Harriers almost forced Lane into an own goal from Arthur’s centre before sub Jim Kellermann flicked a header wide and then get sent off in a matter of minutes.

The midfielder put in what was an apparently late challenge on Joe Clarke, and if rumour is to be believed, kicked out at the former Harriers and Wrexham man leading to his marching orders being issued.

Luke Maxwell came on for Hemmings to plug the gap in midfield and despite being down to ten men there were never really any other chances following the sending off, meaning that for the second consecutive season, the Aggborough edition of the “1983 derby” (from a Leamington perspective, at least) would finish all square.

FT: 1 – 1

Goal for Harriers: Arthur 14

Goal for Leamington: Anderson 4

The Harriers Online MotM is: Lewis Montrose

Talk about the game here

Latest table and stats here

Harriers Goals Subs Time Cards
M Taylor   61  
Hemmings   81  
Arthur 67  
Maxwell   81  
Kellermann   67
Moyo   61  
Leamington FC Goals Subs Time Cards
Smith   67
Anderson 85  
Waldron   67  
Meredith   85  
C Taylor        
Mr Ben Wyatt