Match report Vs Guiseley AFCVenue: Nethermoor ParkDate: 27-10-18Att: 697 (away fans: 80)

27-10-18 - Report - Guiseley AFC 0 Kidderminster Harriers 0

Harriers can’t put the chances away

Report: Phil Lench

The Harriers came through a tough encounter at Guiseley with Brandon Halls net intact defensively but, sadly, also their net. Joel Taylor was the only change to the side that lost at home to FC Utd of Manchester last weekend with Sam Austin dropping to the bench.

This was never going to be an easy game with the home side on a long unbeaten run at Nethermoor since Chorley FC were the visitors back at the start of the season. On that day the Lions lost 2-0 and ironically today was the day that Chorley lost their unbeaten record going down 1-0 at Bradford (Park Avenue) so in a way todays draw could be seen as being beneficial to us.

The game started somewhat slowly with both sides just testing each other out. Top scorer Ed Williams had an early chance that he put wide when on another day he would have buried it. Sadly that was the story of the day as we went on to miss countless chances throughout the game.

Ashley Chambers was forced out wide in front of goal but still managed to get his shot away only for the Guiseley keeper Joe Green to get down to keep it out. Chambers also had a part to play soon after but for the wrong reasons when Dan Bradleys shot took a diversion off Chambers to go wide of the intended target.

Again Chambers was involved soon after when he played in Taylor to send a cross into the area for Williams. You know the rest!

The home side had their best chance of the half on the half hour mark when the former Boston Utd striker Kaine Felix volleyed an effort over the bar from the edge of the box. We also had one over the bar too, soon after, when Chambers, again, tried to lift the ball over the keeper but he also lifted it over the bar too.

The half ended with Williams trying for goal only to see his shot go wide of its target after doing all the hard work beating two defenders to get there.

HT: 0 – 0

The second period started with a worry after Dan Bradley went down clutching his arm. Following a long treatment session off the pitch he returned three minutes later with his arm heavily strapped up.

It was still the same situation on the pitch though with chances going begging for both sides. Bradley got on to the end of a Declan Weeks cross and sent his shot wide but then came a moment of controversy when the ball was clearly handled in the area by a Lions defender only for the referee to turn our claims down at the same time as Lee Vaughan sent in a shot that got blocked on the line. Vaughan was back in action again five minutes later when his swerving shot was well saved by the keeper.

A couple of substitutions for the Reds saw Kane Richards come on for Bradley and then soon after Chambers made way for Joe Ironside. Richards had a chance to score but it was another shot off target for us. Soon after Brandon Hall was called into action for the one and only time in the game when he stopped Niall Heatons shot from finding the net.

Into injury time and both sides repeated the pattern of the match when, first, Will Hatfield sent one wide for Guiseley and then in the fifth minute of injury time Richards did likewise.

There’s a short break now until Tuesday when we pop over to Leamington to face a team that came back from two goals down to grab a point at home to Darlington after having a player sent off. This could be another tough test for us.

FT: 0 – 0

Talk about the game here

Latest table and stats here

Guiseley AFC Goals Subs Time Cards
Odejayi   83  
Clayton   83  
Harriers Goals Subs Time Cards
Bradley   77  
Chambers   69  
Richards   69  
Ironside   77  
Mr Matthew Corlett