Harriers season ticket prices out

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Harriers season ticket prices out

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:13 pm

And the wait is over.... ST's on sale from today with early bird prices available until 30-06-2022

Price per match is held, the increase is due to an adjustment to allow for an extra two games in the calendar.

Early Bird
Standing -
Adult £299
O65 £207
Student/YA 16-21 £161
U16 £23

Seating -
Adult £345
O65 £253
Student/YA £207
U16 £46

https://harriers.co.uk/news/2022/06/09/22-23-season-tickets-on-sale-now/

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Harriers season ticket prices out

Post by harry211 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:10 pm

Split the thread.

Very poor it's taken this long, even worse that there's no instalment options. Abysmal business sense.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:41 pm

For those with pre-allocated seats and renewals, your season ticket should be in the "reserved items" folder in "my account" on the harrier web online.
I struggled and had to ask...... :roll:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:44 pm

I do think an installment plan would have been appealing to many.

If you're 17-19 you can get a season ticket at The Hawthorns for £99 anywhere in the ground. 17-21 at Aggborough pay £161 to stand and £207 to sit. How many students have that sort of cash lying around to fork out in the next three weeks? I expect most will opt to pick and choose and pay the £4 under 16 (that's pretty good) or the £11 16-21 matchday price. Are there decent ID checks?! Might pass for 21.....

Adult at Harriers to sit is £345 early then £368. At West Brom its between £329 and £429. Of course, the negative of going to The Hawthorns is having to watch West Brom.

Its not cheap at Aggborough is it?! But the price per game has not changed so I don't blame them for plugging that. If I miss five games its not financial sense to get a ST. But they have me now don't they so I know I will....

News story could be clearer regarding instructions on how to find your reserved seat (as Garth says above).
And they could probably do with letting ST holders know how long their seats are reserved for before they are open to others to nab.
Last edited by Sheffield Harrier on Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:46 pm

harry211 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:10 pm
Split the thread.

Very poor it's taken this long, even worse that there's no instalment options. Abysmal business sense.
Two months before the season starts, done in plenty of time. With no increase in price per match the club has offered a pragmatic approach to pricing. Well done KHFC.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:05 pm

Jasper wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:46 pm
harry211 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:10 pm
Split the thread.

Two months before the season starts, done in plenty of time. With no increase in price per match the club has offered a pragmatic approach to pricing. Well done KHFC.
I think the pricing is pretty much what was expected. Yes it is more expensive than both West Brom and Birmingham who both have the same number of games however aside from a very small number of people that isn't really a relevant comparison. I agree on a match by match basis it may prove more of a sticking point for the more casual supporter however the purchaser of a season ticket would rarely if ever be weighing up whether to come to Aggborough 20+ times a season or to do similar at St Andrews or the Hawthorns.

If last season showed us one thing it is that if the team wins on a regular basis then people will attend in far greater numbers regardless of price.

I hope the club spends the money I paid today for our season tickets on producing a winning team that attracts more floating supporters. Few will then be bothered about price comparisons.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:25 pm

Do find that quite disappointing, I have to say.

Never been one to get too hung up on the prices (as what can you get for 18-19 pound these days?), but with the club undoubtedly greatly overshooting their expected income last year, I thought they may've been a little more generous.

Despite the rise in the crowds you won't see a great rise in season tickets sold, I expect.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:34 pm

My post wasn't complaining. I didn't expect the price per game to go down. Wouldn't make sense.

"I agree on a match by match basis it may prove more of a sticking point for the more casual supporter however the purchaser of a season ticket would rarely if ever be weighing up whether to come to Aggborough 20+ times a season or to do similar at St Andrews or the Hawthorns."
A good point, but I do find it interesting comparing the price of football at various clubs. It can vary a lot!

"Despite the rise in the crowds you won't see a great rise in season tickets sold, I expect." That's also a really interesting point. I do wonder whether the club will, following a fine season, sell many more season tickets. Might be worth a question in a few months.
The casual fan may correctly think that they can continue to pick and choose and not really worry about whether tickets will be available.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:03 pm

Ticket office has a recorded message telling me the opening hours. No human to speak to although I phoned several times during office hours.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:55 pm

TWG85 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:25 pm

Despite the rise in the crowds you won't see a great rise in season tickets sold, I expect.
It would be interesting if the Club announced the number of season tickets sold at the end of the early bird date and just before the season kicks off.

Based on the team's performance last season I would hope that the numbers would be up and assuming they are up then the Club should be saying so as it is an endorsement of what they are trying to achieve.

ASK KHIST might like to formalise such an enquiry.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:03 pm

I do feel that the cost for a 16 year old is too much, compared with a 15 year old.

£23 to £161 standing.

£46 to £207 seats.

A 16 can't earn much, so it's down to the parents?
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

BobGreenwoodsDad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by BobGreenwoodsDad » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:38 pm

I am pleasantly surprised that the price per game has not increased. I feared that the club might try to ‘capitalise’ on last season’s success by pushing up prices more.
I do agree that the club are missing a big trick in not allowing payment by instalments, particularly given current cost of living issues. I can’t help thinking that they will miss out on many sales (and would be surprised if that is made up for by having the cash up front from others).
I also suspect that the huge jump at age 16 will mean very few 16-18 STHs

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:57 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:41 pm
For those with pre-allocated seats and renewals, your season ticket should be in the "reserved items" folder in "my account" on the harrier web online.
I stuggled and had to ask...... :roll:
Great, I thought. So I go into convert reservation - and it says 'No reservations are available for this account'?

Looks like a call to the office tomorrow !!

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:11 pm

Approx 220 Main/East Stand ST's allocated by this evening. Includes reserved and purchased tickets.

Justin Tomlinson
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Justin Tomlinson » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:45 am

FWIW, whilst it is welcome the price per game remained the same I agree it is too expensive anyway, especially the U16s.

As I am now based in Swindon I am involved with Swindon Supermarine (one division below Harriers) Adult prices are £10 on the day (season ticket £180) and concessions £6 on the day.

The standard price at our level is £14 / £15, but for the last 4 years we have used one of our sponsors to cover the reduced prices.

Gates have steadily been increasing as it is seen as ‘affordable’ or perhaps more accurately what it is actually worth, so people return. (Plus there is the bar, food and raffle takings that all benefit from bigger gates).

Obviously the sponsorship money could have been used in the player budget but the logic is club will never (sustainably) progress unless gates grow.