So disappointed

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: So disappointed

Post by Harrier1994 » Wed May 18, 2022 12:40 pm

Getting the firework and smoke bombs in is pretty easy. When you go in you regularly see young people under the ages of 18 being able to go in without a search because the stewards can't search them. Without having the dogs that can sniff them out at every game I'm not sure how you stop it.

Smoke bombs don't bother me except the fines that get given the firework crossed the line though. That could've ended extremely badly

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed May 18, 2022 1:42 pm

Yep. Pretty much this.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:09 pm

Issue is, it's not kids going with their parents or grandparents as far as I can tell.

It's kids in that age of 13-15 that have always started going at that age, able to go on their own because it's not far from home, it's cheap and they can go with their friends. I'd suggest they've got very little oversight. Then they get carried away, can order pyro/fireworks/smoke from the internet, smuggle it in, and set them off for a bit of a laugh, because it's what they see on social media. That in itself is nothing new, just the medium of inspiration has changed, but you have to wonder why the club are hiring and paying a security firm that can't, or won't, do anything about it.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri May 20, 2022 8:54 am

Swindon players now being attacked during Port Vale invasion.

Everton fans altercation with Patrick Vieira.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:25 am

Shocking scenes last few days, BIlly Sharp being headbutted perhaps the worst. There has been a definite turn since we've come back after the pandemic. Difficulty is, I've not seen anybody pin down yet why there has been this shift.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Fri May 20, 2022 10:10 am

You might be right to connect this with lockdown Harry.

Prolonged periods of extreme levels of compliance and order leading to a release of suppressed chaos energy.

The system will reach homeostasis in time (as long as there are no more lock downs).

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Fri May 20, 2022 12:03 pm

Article on BBC Sport suggests it’s about appearing ‘authentic’ as fans and sites post lockdown effect.

Seems to be happening all over the place, so a lot of copycats too. Real shame, thought this sort of shite was long gone. You don’t need to act like a bellend to be an ‘authentic’ fan of your club, quite the opposite I would suggest.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61518907
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Sat May 21, 2022 11:06 am

I was at the Port Vale game on Thursday. I sat next to an elderly woman who was severely asthmatic, and two smoke bombs were thrown from the back of the stand, landing amongst supporters (to the left and right of us in the same block) rather than on the pitch. The woman spent the next 20 minutes with a coat over her head to filter out the smoke. Probably looked fun on tv but it rather soured the atmosphere in the immediate vicinity.
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Sat May 21, 2022 2:00 pm

You've probably seen the Patrick Vieira clip - which looks very much like self defence to me. There's many videos coming out of Everton fans harrasing players during the 85 minute pitch invasion (with 10 minutes still to play). I can't see safe standing being introduced while this is happening.
https://twitter.com/Reynoldo81/status/1527947052675649537
Sam