4th round. Who do we want? We get West Ham

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 4th round. Who do we want? West Ham

Post by Mayo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:26 am

Agree, thought he came across really well and set the tone just right
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:41 am

Not sure who wrote the captions though. "Kidderminister"?!
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:34 pm

Seems an OK bloke. Pity everything I have heard about him - dislike of KHIST, banishment of Murdoch's etc etc - has been so negative. Obviously wants the whole club to pull together but mentions corporate sponsors more often than he mentions fans. That's obviously who he is. I would encourage him to be a little more receptive to the average punter and to talk to KHIST. They are not the enemy.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:14 pm

Phil wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:05 pm
TWG85 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:03 pm
Any chance of the Leamington game being moved, we think?
WHU are playing Watford 3 days later. They'll get that changed.
They'll be fine, they're used to it with the Europa League.

Leamington game seems a massive inconvenience to me, though. You'll have players subconsciously pulling out of tackles, not sprinting that extra yard, being careful to not overstretch.... Got defeat written all over it. And you want a clean week of preparation to ensure the best chance of giving a good account of themselves.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:45 pm

Someone mentioned something about RL needing media training, I think that’s harsh, comes across absolutely fine to me. He’s certainly doing a better job that I would!
Thats was me, I thought his interview on Football Focus with Alex Scott was toe-curling, he's a bit better here, but lets hope he gets more practice in talking about the 5th round!!
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

TrialistA
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrialistA » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Richard Lane needing media training? I think not. He comes across as respectful, self-effacing and down-to-earth . . . and honest.
He's brought this club a long way. He may have made mistakes along the way (and that's open to debate and, if he has, they're not major mistakes) during the toughest of years.

Would we rather have a chairman that is media savvy? A chairman that's full of bluster, that makes outrageous promises? A chairman that makes a manager's job harder than it already is? A chairman that brings too much of the wrong sort of noise around the club?

Oh, hang on. We've had one of those.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:40 pm

Would we rather have a chairman that is media savvy? A chairman that's full of bluster, that makes outrageous promises? A chairman that makes a manager's job harder than it already is? A chairman that brings too much of the wrong sort of noise around the club?
We've seen a club administration that has been roundly criticised on here and elsewhere (quite rightly) for its ongoing poor communication with the fanbase, right from the takeover in October 2019 and right through the pandemic.
Is the Chairman media savvy? is he full of bluster? full of rash promises? Maybe now we'll get some idea........ :D

If the cup run pushes the Chairman into the spotlight a little more and forces him to make some "sort of noise" rather than the previous deafening silence then brilliant, bring it on.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:48 pm

TrialistA wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:16 pm
Richard Lane needing media training? I think not. He comes across as respectful, self-effacing and down-to-earth . . . and honest.
He's brought this club a long way. He may have made mistakes along the way (and that's open to debate and, if he has, they're not major mistakes) during the toughest of years.

Oh, hang on. We've had one of those.
:like:
Of course some people never make mistakes.

TrialistA
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrialistA » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:56 pm

I agree with you on that one. The more we get to see of RL, the more we'll get to know what's in his mind.

The point that I was clumsily trying to make was the comparison with CG (media savvy, bluster, noise). Look where we were in October, 2019, and look where we are now. This club has been turned around during two of the most challenging years.

Judging by his television appearances, RL does not seek the limelight. That reticence may have extended to communicating with the fans and, should we ever get the chance to ask him, it may be a mistake that he'll admit to.

MidlandsHammer

Post by MidlandsHammer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:03 pm

Afternoon Ladies and Gents, Midlands based West Ham fan here. How you feeling about the draw? I remember the last game between us and hope we are a bit more convincing this time round!

Looking forward to visiting a proper stadium and seeing the game. Although from a revenue point I bet you wish they could swap the ties like days gone by and take the extra revenue. Although never know you could cause an upset and get Man City away next round!

What players should we take a keen interest in before hand and what should we expect from a day out at your place?

Good Luck btw, but obviously hope you don't get another day out in this years competition

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:45 pm

Is this 'Tenbury' chap on here? Does anyone know him?
https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182269&sid=3e9c6845ba91995568fc5a20c6c05db7&start=140#p6139617 wrote:Re: FA Cup Third Round.
Post by Tenbury » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:17 pm

Well thats the worst possible draw for me and Ted.We've been at every Kiddy game in this cup run (nearest club) even went to the mighty Sporting Kahsa! There's no way we're in the wrong end watching our lot,and the ticket office (who know us well,and know we're exiled WHU) wont flog us tickets for the 'wrong' end. Quite ironic really ,it'll be the first Harriers game I've missed all season!!

Anyhow,it'll be no pushover, on their day, they're indistinguishable from a Div2 or even Div1 team.They've a couple of players (Behrami CB,HemmimgsST, ) who should be at a higher level.
The crowd are mental,the scenes against Reading were crazy and the team responded.
We should win well,hopefully DM will take this seriously.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:42 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:40 pm
We've seen a club administration that has been roundly criticised on here and elsewhere (quite rightly) for its ongoing poor communication with the fanbase, right from the takeover in October 2019 and right through the pandemic.
Is the Chairman media savvy? is he full of bluster? full of rash promises? Maybe now we'll get some idea........ :D

If the cup run pushes the Chairman into the spotlight a little more and forces him to make some "sort of noise" rather than the previous deafening silence then brilliant, bring it on.
I think you've got some idea what he's like. I wonder who's provided the money, the leadership to produce the season we are presently having, to be chairman through the most difficult period for football I've ever known, and I'm in my 70's. He obviously someone who's not overkeen on being in the limelight. In saying that I think his interviews show a great deal about Richard's devotion and connection with this football club, inheriting a great deal from his dad.
To start talking about these negatives at this time in Harriers history is in itself negative and pointless.
It's an exciting, fascinating time to be a fan of kidderminster Harriers. Look forward to potentially a successful future with hopefully RL at the helm.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:05 pm

Jasper wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:42 pm
I think you've got some idea what he's like. I wonder who's provided the money, the leadership to produce the season we are presently having, to be chairman through the most difficult period for football I've ever known, and I'm in my 70's. He obviously someone who's not overkeen on being in the limelight. In saying that I think his interviews show a great deal about Richard's devotion and connection with this football club, inheriting a great deal from his dad.
To start talking about these negatives at this time in Harriers history is in itself negative and pointless.
It's an exciting, fascinating time to be a fan of kidderminster Harriers. Look forward to potentially a successful future with hopefully RL at the helm.
He's at times not been as vocal as some would have liked, and perhaps slow to make announcements / build relationships etc but he's clearly someone who will not be rushed into decisions - currently his style of leadership is working, and long may it continue. None of us truly know the mess that CG left behind, I suspect it's a whole lot worse than we realise.

Before the Gloucester game RL was walking around the terrace talking to fans, an older gentleman introduced himself to RL behind me and said he used to know his father - RL said everything he's doing now is what his father would have wanted him to do. I think that says everything and I'm pretty sure his father would be thoroughly enjoying what we're experiencing right now!

:khfc:

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:31 pm

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182269&sid=3e9c6845ba91995568fc5a20c6c05db7&start=140#p6139617 wrote:
Re: FA Cup Third Round.

Well thats the worst possible draw for me and Ted.We've been at every Kiddy game in this cup run (nearest club) even went to the mighty Sporting Kahsa! There's no way we're in the wrong end watching our lot,and the ticket office (who know us well,and know we're exiled WHU) wont flog us tickets for the 'wrong' end. Quite ironic really ,it'll be the first Harriers game I've missed all season!!

Anyhow,it'll be no pushover, on their day, they're indistinguishable from a Div2 or even Div1 team.They've a couple of players (Behrami CB,HemmimgsST, ) who should be at a higher level.
The crowd are mental,the scenes against Reading were crazy and the team responded.
If he is he needs some geography lessons...." nearest club"? Hereford is closer that Kiddy to Tenbury! (Just!) :D :;

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:35 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:31 pm

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182269&sid=3e9c6845ba91995568fc5a20c6c05db7&start=140#p6139617 wrote:
Re: FA Cup Third Round.

If he is he needs some geography lessons...." nearest club"? Hereford is closer that Kiddy to Tenbury! (Just!) :D :;

Tenbury is in Worcestershire though. It could be worse and he could support Telford.