Bras

Discussion about anything other than the Harriers or football in general in here please. We even have a dartboard :)

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Bras

Post by andrewb » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:50 pm

Not sure where to post this - it is a bit Harriers and football related sorry - my question is this - I have noticed some footballers, including Harriers players , wear black bras as well as their shirt - why is this? is it to support "manboobs" ? is it just modern fashion? or what?

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: Bras

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:57 pm

GPS heart monitors etc

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:37 pm

This essentially is the same as what is being used - in both training or a match situation:

https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/p/accesories-playr-gps-system-189513/

Individually tracks heart rate, mileage a player has run, how often they sprint, where they sprint and how fast etc.. Ideally it can be used to tailor training profiles (i.e a player regularly stops making sprints to close down opposition from 60 minutes because they are exhausted, its easily identified and training can be developed to improve stamina)

Whilst I gather the data is generally kept private - an agent or player could use the information to help engineer a move to a 'better' club

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:11 pm

Jimmy Shan mentioned after the 1-0 defeat to Blyth, "we should have beaten them, cos we ran 114K"......
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by andrewb » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:00 pm

Thanx for the info - erm - the wife was wondering - Do the Harriers sell their own Harriers bras? Then not only will she support the Harriers, but the Harriers will be supporting her !