Aggborough Ground Catering

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: Aggborough Ground Catering

Post by Phil » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:11 pm

harry211 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:49 pm
Mac wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm
It's like putting that huge counter in the entrance of the club shop and telling fans they can not look at merchandise. I have watched our supporters walk out in disgust and I followed! Another £150 I spend on Kids stuff annually now gone to be spent in Smyths instead.
Did not know this. Surely not?!

It is. I've seen it happen many times now. People aren't happy about it.

Gives you the impression they want you to buy online only and pay the surcharge + P&P.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:42 pm

'kin ell. Amateur hour if so. I popped in before the Chester game to get a fixtures poster and saw the counter but didn't think much more about it as I wasn't looking to browse.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:15 am

If only there was some sort of regular Q and A between the club and some sort of official supporters group where these sort of issues could be raised.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:06 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:15 am
If only there was some sort of regular Q and A between the club and some sort of official supporters group where these sort of issues could be raised.
My season ticket has emblazoned upon it 'Harriers Together Again - Supporters, Players, Staff, Academy, Community'. Fine words indeed and how things should be. Sadly the actuality of such a splendid statement falls well short of being factual. Like so many initiatives generated in recent times the delivery is more than disappointing. Harriers Voice is just an example of this inability.

It does make me wonder what our owner is frightened of in terms of engagement with Supporters or perhaps it is just an irrelevance and therefore of no consequence. You would have thought that our owner as a Supporter would understand the issue but that appears not to be the case.

We could be so much better but we (the supporters) seem to be stuck in outer space where no-one can hear you scream or even make polite suggestions.

BobGreenwoodsDad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by BobGreenwoodsDad » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Fans have different views on most things. The one issue upon which all seem united is the feeling of loss at the closure of Murdochs. That, along with seeing puffs of steam emanating from behind the East Stand was one of the things that made Kiddy different. Whilst the choice of food would not in itself make me support a team, it was definitely one of the things that made Kiddy‘interesting’ and induced me to follow them in the first place. A burger van can never be the same. It may seem a trivial thing but, if we are going to attract supporters, we have to give them a reason to come and the‘quirky’ food was part of that. It’s not cheap to get into Aggborough and there has to be a reason for people to choose to do that rather than pay a few quid extra to go to the Wolves/ Albion / Villa etc. I don’t think that the price differential is enough. I may be being overdramatic but I do think that the loss of Murdochs (or a similar replacement) is a bigger deal than it may appear