Nyal Bell
No votes

Total votes: 14

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: MotM: 09-10-21 Brackley Town (H)

Post by Harry Aire » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:59 pm

Agree with most of the above. They were boringly, cynically efficient. We were attempting to play the beautiful game but they wouldn't allow it. Let us have the ball up to the final third then closed us down time after time. Once we gave away that first soft goal it was all over really. Another mid-table finish I fear.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:43 am

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:54 am

Harry Aire wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:59 pm
Agree with most of the above. They were boringly, cynically efficient. We were attempting to play the beautiful game but they wouldn't allow it. Let us have the ball up to the final third then closed us down time after time. Once we gave away that first soft goal it was all over really. Another mid-table finish I fear.
It is going to be a very long road back to the National League that's for sure.

Mac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mac » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am

Was at the match and just saw the goals again to confirm what I am saying here.

1st goal - Who is marking Matt Lowe? The guy is a 6ft+ aerial threat and is completely unmarked. He is then allowed to ghost in at the back post and get a free header completely unchallenged. Pathetic defending. What is JOC doing Mon to Fri on training ground to drill out set piece errors like this? Did RP and JOC not know that Lowe is a threat? Did they not tell players to ensure that he is picked up?

2nd Goal - Poor throw in an attacking area. Cameron completely messes up. Could have easily nodded ball back to Simpson but panics and then is slow to react to challenge. Again a complete mess.

RP and JOC have the luxury to work with players to work on set plays and drill in the importance of marking etc. They have the luxury to study teams and work on tactics and identify potential weak areas of the opposition. They have much more time then part time opposition and players do not have to go to do another job unlike other players they play against. It is a disgrace that I am paying £18 to see mistakes that you would not expect Under 10s players to make. It is clearly evident that Keith Lowe has now took up Walking Football so we need a decent CB and RB/LB loan to give cover / compete for Penny/Richards.

The team has now collected 1pt from the last 12. That is exactly the same form as the team that is at the bottom of the table.

I do not buy we have lost 3 games to very good outfits. Weak because we LOST and defended poorly in all 3. If you are going to defend like muppets you will lose to anyone in this league. Set piece defending is critical and currently we look an absolute shambles. Hopefully they are on the training ground now sorting out this mess whilst our opponent players are posting letters or driving vehicles or carrying boxes in a warehouse!
Last edited by Mac on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BishBashBosh
Youth team
Youth team

Post by BishBashBosh » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:41 am

... totally agree with your comments Mac and well said.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:46 pm

Mac wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am
Was at the match and just saw the goals again to confirm what I am saying here.

1st goal - Who is marking Matt Lowe? The guy is a 6ft+ aerial threat and is completely unmarked. He is then allowed to ghost in at the back post and get a free header completely unchallenged. Pathetic defending. What is JOC doing Mon to Fri on training ground to drill out set piece errors like this? Did RP and JOC not know that Lowe is a threat? Did they not tell players to ensure that he is picked up?

2nd Goal - Poor throw in an attacking area. Cameron completely messes up. Could have easily nodded ball back to Simpson but panics and then is slow to react to challenge. Again a complete mess.
Think with the 2nd goal from the highlights I was wondering where Penny was, surely he should be marking him - rather than just getting into the area as the ball flies past Simpson.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Mac
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mac » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Actually the player that should have tracked back with the goalscorer was Hemmings. He was standing goal side of the 11 when the throw was given to the CB who hoofed. Penny had taken himself out of the game with the crap throw although more effort to get back should be expected. Defend as a team and cover. Hemmings just stopped and watched from the halfway line leaving Penny to run past him and try and get back. Hemmings not doing enough in all recent matches both defensively and offensively. All this basic stuff should have been worked on countless times on the training ground. Pure laziness, no communication and totally unprofessional.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Penny was tracking the kid on the back post. Hes the spare. AMS had to go over and try and get something on it but he had a man.
Its basics of the players to pick up, especially the biggest lads. You go height on height. Example - You wouldnt see Abdou Sall marking Luke Rogers on corners back in the league days, he'd be picking up Redmile, Wilding or one of the big lads Shrews had at the time.
Players dont need telling that, you do it on a Sunday morning, never mind tell players on Saturdays. Anyone who has played at sunday league level will tell you that never mind working with Saturday teams. Its as simple as having the ball and passing it to a team mate.

2nd goal Cameron had half a second to react, he had no idea what was behind him so just got rid. Defenders are told clear it wide from an early age, perhaps if the keeper told him time he could have got it down or let the keeper have it? either way the lad wasnt closed down significantly enough. Simpson should have communicated better and possibly got something on it. Penny only decided to spring back when the lad got the ball for the goal. Why wasnt he doing that 10 second earlier.
Hemmings lazy, perhaps thinks theres no one to come in for him so he cant be dropped? AMS needs to be moved on. Not what he was.
We will miss Foulkes massively, Penny involved in both goals there.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Seeing the second goal back only intensified my annoyance with Luke Simpson's performance. He showed a lack of urgency, his distribution was poor and he absolutely should've made a save there.

I guess the defence would be some view obstruction, but I'm not having it. No keeper should be getting beat centre of the goal at waist height.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:14 pm

Generally Simpson has been decent since hes been here. But agree, him and Penny at fault for the second goal. And its pure basics. Thats the annoying thing.