League news/Former Harriers

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

Post Reply
TWG85
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:51 pm
Location: Shropshire

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by TWG85 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Fits the bill. Tall, commanding, experienced, influential, centre-half.

Let's hope he stays a bit longer this time if that's the case.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 10398
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 2:14 pm

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Why on earth would Liam Daly want to come back to KHFC after the way he was treated the last time?
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:39 am

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by muse_harrier » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:46 pm

So he can have another go at being taught how to play the right way and making 3 yard passes in his own penaly box like John Stones?

Grumpy old man
Youth team
Youth team
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:50 pm

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by Grumpy old man » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Unless I am mistaken, this is the second time that he has left Solihull Moors this season. I would be very surprised if he reappears at Harriers after his previous short stay (he never looked the part for us but not sure whose fault that was).

TWG85
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:51 pm
Location: Shropshire

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by TWG85 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:20 pm


User avatar
Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer
Posts: 17470
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Africa. I can hear Lions and Tigers
Contact:

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by Phil » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:57 pm

The keeper is the infamous 'Walkabout' Breeden. Signed for them in the week from Bromsgrove.

User avatar
wymondham harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:09 pm

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by wymondham harrier » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Hat-trick yesterday for Antony Malbon at Step 4 (Kidsgrove v Wisbech).

Hope he’s happy and that life is good for him, but can’t help think “if only ...”.

ograzebrook
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 2896
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:10 am

wymondham harrier wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Hat-trick yesterday for Antony Malbon at Step 4 (Kidsgrove v Wisbech).

Hope he’s happy and that life is good for him, but can’t help think “if only ...”.
I thought he was/is a real talent. Could have gone really far with the right kind of ruthless mentality IMHO.

That striker we had from Stourbridge was similar - he was part of the squad that finished 2nd and got us off the mark at Cambridge away with a hat trick... what was his name … when he could be bothered he would score a worldy.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: ON A BOAT AT SEA!

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:08 am

ograzebrook wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:10 am
wymondham harrier wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Hat-trick yesterday for Antony Malbon at Step 4 (Kidsgrove v Wisbech).

Hope he’s happy and that life is good for him, but can’t help think “if only ...”.
I thought he was/is a real talent. Could have gone really far with the right kind of ruthless mentality IMHO.

That striker we had from Stourbridge was similar - he was part of the squad that finished 2nd and got us off the mark at Cambridge away with a hat trick... what was his name … when he could be bothered he would score a worldy.
Ryan Rowe

ograzebrook
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 2896
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:12 am

Thank you Pirate - I got as far as R...

User avatar
jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:57 am

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by jamestheimpaler » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Reece Styche scored in Gibraltar's 6-1 defeat at home to Switzerland!

harriershane
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Dudley

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by harriershane » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:15 pm

Long throw into the box, ricochet down and he was there six yards out. Have to be in the position I suppose. Fair play to him
He who dares...wins

User avatar
Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 10:50 am
Location: Hagley
Contact:

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:30 am

A friend of a friend reckons they used to play for the Harriers. Goes by the surname Groutage. I do not believe this person as I cannot recall a player of that name. I am saying they must have only played at youth level (if at all....) but this person claims to have been in the first team. I am calling BS.

Anyone recall that name?

harry211
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 7188
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: Finchley

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by harry211 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:30 am
A friend of a friend reckons they used to play for the Harriers. Goes by the surname Groutage. I do not believe this person as I cannot recall a player of that name. I am saying they must have only played at youth level (if at all....) but this person claims to have been in the first team. I am calling BS.

Anyone recall that name?
Depends how old they are...certainly not a name I've heard of.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1248
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Shropshire Welsh Borders

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by Krasnyi » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:30 am
A friend of a friend reckons they used to play for the Harriers. Goes by the surname Groutage. I do not believe this person as I cannot recall a player of that name. I am saying they must have only played at youth level (if at all....) but this person claims to have been in the first team. I am calling BS.

Anyone recall that name?
Not Genial Harry Groutage was it?

Post Reply