Gabby Rogers
7%

Total votes: 15

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: MotM: 16-08-22 Curzon (H)

Post by koro » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:21 am

For me the only way that Freemantle could start is with a view to replacing him early if he does not make an impact. I admire his effort and determination, but for me, he will never be a good enough player at this level. And why was Hemmings stuck out on the right wing for the first half hour - he needs to be in the No 10 role to be effective. It looked better when he swapped sides with Ceesay ? There is time yet to make big improvements to the team and start to make an impact on automatic promotion ambitions. What a frustrating night !

Robbo
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Robbo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:00 am

What a frustrating night of football that was. That has to be one of the poorest games I've watched in a long time. Think we missed austin and osj last night who would probably have just tried there luck with the lack of movement over the course of 90 mins.

In my opinion, I dont know what a 'new' striker would have done last night. We didn't create anything for a striker to have a go at. We had 1 good cross which we scored from, the rest, over hit crosses, under hit crosses or miss places passes/control.

I like foulkes, hes a good player but sometimes I wish he would take a risk and take on a man, which is where I think penny should come straight back in when fit.

Think the only positive to take from the game is that it is only match 3, which means we have plenty of time to improve.

We move on to the next one! Time to stay positive!

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:06 pm

I totally agree

"In my opinion, I dont know what a 'new' striker would have done last night. We didn't create anything for a striker to have a go at. We had 1 good cross which we scored from, the rest, over hit crosses, under hit crosses or miss places passes/control.

I like foulkes, hes a good player but sometimes I wish he would take a risk and take on a man, which is where I think penny should come straight back in when fit.
"
The crossing was poor from both open play set pieces and it was the same on both flanks (Richards, Hemmings and Foulkes).

It is only the second home game of the season and there are clear signs that we can play a decent style of football , other than "Hoof" or should I say "get the ball forward" being requested by some in the East Stand last night, we do have to go backwards and across the pitch sometimes to be able to open teams up. The one area I do agree with most comments on here is that I would like us to shoot a bit more often, as we have already seen pre-season Lowe has a fantastic shot, Hemmings and Byrne can also let fly just wish they would back themselves

We as fans certainly must not be to negative , boo or get on the players back during a game it wont help anyone.
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:49 pm

Shocking performance last night

Ceesay looked infinitely more dangerous when out wide and Freemantle did well when he came on. But we desperately need a striker to offer something different to AMS / Freemantle

I like Lowe and Byrne but they appear too similar to me in occupying the same space, both wanting to drop deep and receive the ball from centre half / keeper leaving a big gap 15 yards further on

TOE was poor yesterday, as was Hemmo. I like the look of Brown, think there’s a lot of potential

Ref was incredibly inconsistent, ignoring the lino several times. Some will feel he cost us the game with NKP incident. I didn’t feel he was fouled and shouldn’t have been taking anyone on anyway in that position!

Lots to improve on

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:23 pm

Generally agree with most of the above posts; 1 point from 6 at home, disastrous start, just hope our away form improves from last season & better results against the top sides.

Don`t agree with the criticism of Ceesay, service to him was terrible, he had to fight for everything & was the only bright spark from our attacking players, bar Freemantles goal. Would take Ceesay over OSJ anytime. Can`t believe we haven`t tried to get a striker in, but as Swansea says frustrating no question was asked of RP, if anything happens to EF...

Not been overly impressed with Rogers so far, however the coaches must see something, would like to see him start. Some players struggle to get up to speed from the bench. Reminds me of Martin Brittan, no pace but could cross well.

Early days yet & the main contenders (?) Fylde & Boston haven`t started that well either.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:20 pm

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:27 pm

Two very poor goals to concede. Bit of Chuckle Brothers action between Lowe and Byrne in the middle of the park, which kickstarted the move, and the fella free as a bird at the back post.

Sympathies with Palmer on the initial cross on the second, as Byrne got in his way, but surprised to see him not even make an effort on the header, as he didn't seem unsighted. Knight-Percival shouldn't be dribbling out from there, though. Regardless of the fella clearly looking to block him off. Looks very accomplished and composed overall though, from the brief glimpse.

Also top, top save from the Ash Hemmings shot at the end. That was some save.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:53 pm

From highlights: Ballwatching from Foulkes for the first. TOE should have scored in the first half. Palmer dreadful for second, sorry. Hemmings could have made it 2-2, good save by keeper. Freemantle has to start at the weekend. Anything else and it's pointless having him on the books, Penn showing himself up.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:17 am

Freementle did very well to score that goal and seemed to nearly score a worldy at the death. I think he's proved himself now.

Perhaps Russ is struggling to drop one of the two highly rated defensive midfielders and this is causing more problems with the shape/pace of the team.

As has been said, despite being very good players, their mistake led to the first goal. It looked like neither were switched on in that moment and were assuming the other one would get the ball.

Atmosphere sounded flat on the radio. Comments about it being boring...time to change things up a bit and sort the shape out.

JBrook123
Youth team
Youth team

Post by JBrook123 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:27 am

Really poor. Front four non existent first half.

Love Ceesay out wide but he is not a striker, at this level if your going one up top they've got to be able to be a nuisance, be physical and sometimes only work with scraps, which is exactly what EF did successfully when he came on.

Also did we beat the first man from any of the corners??

Work to do, I believe they'll get it right but depth at the forward level is concerning, especially if EF isn't fancied.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:54 am

Freemantle's goal was excellent. Christ knows what's going on with not starting him. Unless he's not fully fit - and he looks fit - what kind of message is it sending out to him when, at this point, we may well need him for a significant number of games during the season? Starting Ceesay as a striker is doing Ceesay no favours at all and is frankly just a mistake.

ThisCharmingJam

Post by ThisCharmingJam » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:19 pm

Something I feel a lot have missed the point on is that I thought Curzon were absolutely brilliant.

A lot have mentioned the front 4 and lack of productivity, but Curzon sat back in a good block and any ball played into the middle of the field from our side was closed down instantly, no time or space to create anything. But then then there's the issue of not being able to play over that press because Ceesay clearly isn't a Striker (we'd never have asked OSJ to do that job).

So that left us having the play around them and the side to side (or tippy tappy as many in the East Stand were spitting feathers about after 5 minutes) to try and find the smallest pockets of space that weren't there.

If AMS were playing for the ball to stick up top or if EF had started it would have been a different game I feel. I have bigger concerns over the GK situation personally.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:08 pm

What a calamitous second goal.

Great save from their keeper from Hemmo. Small differences can make big points differences.

offers
Reserves
Reserves

Post by offers » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:27 pm

Hi. Colin here 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Not posted on here for an age. Anyway I have faith in russ to sort out the team. He can surely see where the problems lie. In my opinion we need a new goalie. I get very nervous every time the ball is in the box. Great servant to the club but league below level. Fremantle the same. On the new signings Lowe looks good. Byrne ok. Best signing by far Knight perceivable. Ceesay a crowd pleaser (flare throwing brigade) but not a striker. We are really missing penny and ams but in the mean time I'm hoping Russ can see what we can and improve things. Good crowds and a good feel again.Also on the subject of cashless I think its great. Most places now are mainly cashless. All money can now be accounted for!!!!