Total votes: 25

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Re: MotM: 13-08-22 Leamington (H)

Post by Brakes fan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:46 pm

Swansea Harrier wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:45 pm
I think the tone was set for this in the first minute. If Tom Owen Evans leaves Zak Brown's pull back, Shane Byrne has a tap into an empty net and we win by three, four or more.

It was just one of those days. A 0-0 battering if ever I saw one. Leamington weren't great at all and will no doubt end up lower midtable again at best. But they knew their limitations and stick to their plan admirably. Callum Hawkins in goal was man of the match by a country mile, and their two centre backs and Maye in front of them held them together.

If we play like that every week, we'll win eight games of every ten. So I'm not worried. Yes, we need a cutting edge and we're crying out for AMS or a similar presence. But we've clearly recruited very well. The two centre backs were superb today. Byrne and Lowe ran the show - Lowe shades man of the match for me for his range of positive forward-looking passes. Both were class. Yes, maybe a few unnecessary taps to each other, but there is such a strong base there.

When not playing in a heatwave, I hope perhaps we can raise the tempo of passing a little more. But the touches and close control especially in close quarters around the Leamington box were at times excellent.

All we were missing today was a goal. All in all, very encouraging. If someone could remove the invisible forcefields from the goals we shoot at before Tuesday night that would be lovely...

Leamington only managing 51 fans for a local derby?! Embarrassing... To see some of their fans try to criticise us on National League Facebook groups? Even more so.
Sir alot of us didn't come , its like York last year we are boycotting clubs who charge £6/8 more on the day than us.
York were surprised last season we took 170 2 seasons ago but 35 last season for exactly the same reason if you add on you both charge £5 for car parking it's £11/13 more.
The club were made aware and as was shown on the club website decided against booking two coaches.
We will do ok and I'd like to see you do as well on our budget and unlike many clubs not be boom and bust.
The decision to not come was ours and we got a good point like the 3 we got last season I hope you finish one place below us this season.

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:47 pm

Id like to say I have made no comments on any NL website just here.

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:35 pm

Brakes fan

Good luck for the rest of the season, your lads defended very well , last 45 minutes it was like the Alamo, I don't know what the possession stats were but IMO your lot were a poor second, but you sneaked a point somehow, you won't be able to do that every away game you play playing that way
Will you be going to Buxton on Tuesday, hoping for another 0-0 no doubt ?

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:57 am

Brakes fan wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:46 pm
Swansea Harrier wrote:
I think the tone was set for this in the first minute. If Tom Owen Evans leaves Zak Brown's pull back, Shane Byrne has a tap into an empty net and we win by three, four or more.

It was just one of those days. A 0-0 battering if ever I saw one. Leamington weren't great at all and will no doubt end up lower midtable again at best. But they knew their limitations and stick to their plan admirably. Callum Hawkins in goal was man of the match by a country mile, and their two centre backs and Maye in front of them held them together.

If we play like that every week, we'll win eight games of every ten. So I'm not worried. Yes, we need a cutting edge and we're crying out for AMS or a similar presence. But we've clearly recruited very well. The two centre backs were superb today. Byrne and Lowe ran the show - Lowe shades man of the match for me for his range of positive forward-looking passes. Both were class. Yes, maybe a few unnecessary taps to each other, but there is such a strong base there.

When not playing in a heatwave, I hope perhaps we can raise the tempo of passing a little more. But the touches and close control especially in close quarters around the Leamington box were at times excellent.

All we were missing today was a goal. All in all, very encouraging. If someone could remove the invisible forcefields from the goals we shoot at before Tuesday night that would be lovely...

Leamington only managing 51 fans for a local derby?! Embarrassing... To see some of their fans try to criticise us on National League Facebook groups? Even more so.
Sir alot of us didn't come , its like York last year we are boycotting clubs who charge £6/8 more on the day than us.
York were surprised last season we took 170 2 seasons ago but 35 last season for exactly the same reason if you add on you both charge £5 for car parking it's £11/13 more.
The club were made aware and as was shown on the club website decided against booking two coaches.
We will do ok and I'd like to see you do as well on our budget and unlike many clubs not be boom and bust.
The decision to not come was ours and we got a good point like the 3 we got last season I hope you finish one place below us this season.
So lets say you get promoted. Are you just going to boycott every game? Cause every place to get in will be £15+.

What i dont think you are understanding is, or you are and just choosing to ignore, is youre playing clubs who are historically bigger than the league they are currently in. York being a fantastic example. Ofc its going to be more expensive to get in. They have a loyal fan base, bigger stadium and a bigger wage budget.

Our historically higher ticket price comes from the fact we have been mostly a conference side in our current history (and ex league within the last 20), hence higher ticket prices too. In addition to the york reasons.

Boycott all you want, but the prices arent going down unless the league agree to cap. And god help you, if you get promoted.

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:54 am

Jackygold55 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:57 am
Brakes fan wrote:
Swansea Harrier wrote:

So lets say you get promoted. Are you just going to boycott every game? Cause every place to get in will be £15+.

What i dont think you are understanding is, or you are and just choosing to ignore, is youre playing clubs who are historically bigger than the league they are currently in. York being a fantastic example. Ofc its going to be more expensive to get in. They have a loyal fan base, bigger stadium and a bigger wage budget.

Our historically higher ticket price comes from the fact we have been mostly a conference side in our current history (and ex league within the last 20), hence higher ticket prices too. In addition to the york reasons.

Boycott all you want, but the prices arent going down unless the league agree to cap. And god help you, if you get promoted.
Sir thanks when I need patronising I'll speak to my grandchildren. You were a league club for 5 year period but your not now and have been playing us for a few seasons. Your a national league north side with a full time squad yet your still with us ?
We beat both York and you last season and have beaten York a few times plus other " big" clubs and we took a point Saturday much to your obvious annoyance.
How dare these little teams stop us you sound very frustrated by the fact your in the same division why do you think that is?
One thing is for sure your club and supporters will like on all your visits to the New Windmill be made welcome. Free car parking and or are complimentary bus or discounted bus service will get you to and from our new overflow car park or the railway station.
You will be able to use cash at our ground and no on the day surcharge!
60 plus a tenner , We have friendly stewards "that is something your club needs to address your stewards last season weren't "and good food and drink at fair prices. Maybe that's not for you?
That Sir is a decision for you to make as we did ours ?
Good luck and but hope you finish below us.
Last edited by Brakes fan on Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:04 am

Brakes fan wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:54 am
Jackygold55 wrote:
Brakes fan wrote:
Swansea Harrier wrote:

Sir thanks when I need patronising I'll speak to my grandchildren. You were a league club for 5 year period but your not now and have been playing us for a few seasons. Your a national league north side with a full time squad yet your still with us ?
We beat both York and you last season and have beaten York a few times plus other " big" clubs and we took a point Saturday much to your obvious annoyance.
How dare these little teams stop us you sound very frustrated by the fact your in the same division why do you think that is?
One thing is for sure your club and supporters will like on all your visits to the New Windmill be made welcome. Free car parking and or are complimentary bus or discounted bus service will get you to and from our new overflow car park or the railway station.
60 plus a tenner , Friendly stewards and good food and drink at fair prices. Maybe that's not for you?
It's not patronising, it's facts of why our ticket prices are more expensive than yours. You can afford to lower your ticket prices because your wage budget and bills are lower, not to mention you aren't full time. This is a fundamental difference between our two clubs and its historical stature which influences current ticket prices.

Again, if you can't see that, then you're blinded by a one sided argument.

Btw I support your right to boycott, but I'm just telling you, it won't drop prices. So in reality all your boycott is doing, is spoiling your Saturday afternoon, although having travelled the country with harriers I know sometimes having that spare afternoon works out better 🤣

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:11 am

Isn't it hot? We were moving 400 ewes from 5am till 09:45 can't sleep too damn hot?
I'm normally asleep by 21:30 up at 4:30 again shepherding is hard in this weather, what's your excuse lol

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:56 am

Having watched the highlights, I think it was just one of those days where we were slightly out of luck. The chances created were decent, just thwarted by a highly rated keeper and his woodwork. Create those same calibre of chances tomorrow against Curzon, I suspect we'd be dishing out a thrashing.

Or, it could've just been their cup final 😜
He who dares...wins

Phepson
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Phepson » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:41 am

Brakes fan wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:11 am
Isn't it hot? We were moving 400 ewes from 5am till 09:45 can't sleep too damn hot?
I'm normally asleep by 21:30 up at 4:30 again shepherding is hard in this weather, what's your excuse lol
Got to ask. Have you ever sung "Sheep Shaggers" at Hereford or some other team near Wales. Sorry. :roll:

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:11 am

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:05 am

Watched the highlights. Should have buried them !

Robbo
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Robbo » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:03 am

Really enjoyed watching the new players on show on Saturday. Lowe and Byrne really do look a threat with how they dicated the play, although you could see how frustrated they started to get with other members of the squad slowing the pace down. Ceesay look a real threat considering hes not a striker, although second half, went quiet.

Fair play to Leamington, thought first half they played a higher line than I thought and allowed ceesay to run in behind far to often. Once half time hit, being 0-0 was probably a relief to their management team and looked quite settled on sitting deeper, especially the last half hour. But we move on to curzon where hopefully we can start quickly again but this time be more ruthless.

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:32 am

Brakes fan wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:54 am
Jackygold55 wrote:
Brakes fan wrote:
Swansea Harrier wrote:

60 plus a tenner , We have friendly stewards "that is something your club needs to address your stewards last season weren't "and good food and drink at fair prices. Maybe that's not for you?
There is zero chance we will finish below you

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:48 pm

maxspeed wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:05 am
Watched the highlights. Should have buried them !
But you didn't did you! Lol
Like we beat you last season and York and other "big clubs it's only a game you know.

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Phepson wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:41 am
Brakes fan wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:11 am
Got to ask. Have you ever sung "Sheep Shaggers" at Hereford or some other team near Wales. Sorry. :roll:
Pmsl nah as a Cornish man I could leave myself open to the same lol nice to xhat.