Omari Sterling-James (1)
1%

Total votes: 131

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Player of the Season 2021-22 - Caleb Richards

Post by Phil » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:38 pm

It's here folks. The PotS vote for this season.

As in previous years you get a list of all those that have won the MotM for each game with the amount of times won in brackets by the side. I can add to that amount for the remaining games but not add a new name in because it breaks the poll.

As before I'm going to be nice to you and you can vote for up to three players (if you can think of three). The poll will end at midnight on Sunday May 22nd (the day after the play off final).

So go on, get your votes in.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Player of the Season 2021-22

Post by harry211 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:12 pm

A very tough one.

For me, two are no-brainers:

Geraldo Bajrami - The Baj - He'll go down as one of the best centre backs to play for the club in the last few decades. The first time I saw him, against Chester, I just remember being blown away by his reading of the game. Very good defensively, and a genuine good pass (not an occasional Keith Lowe ball that sometimes ends up at its target). Not many players would then be able to step into midfield as easily to play against a Premier League side in a massive game, but he did. He'll go on to play at a higher level, certainly. He comes across as a nice guy too, and sticking with us for the duration of this season deserves some level of praise. I would be astonished if he's with us next season.

Sam Austin - This season has been the coming of Sam. Before, I was concerned he would become a version of Simon Russell. Seems too nice and happy for his own good, runs around a lot, but offers little and won't amount to much. He'd come to us as a winger, played at wing back, and otherwise had drifted in and out of the club. I was also surprised he was given the captain's armband. But his goals and play have been outstanding and instrumental in our cup run and league position. Always working hard, great attitude, and some great goals and assists as well.

After that, it gets tough. Caleb Richards, Omari Sterling-James, Hemmo and AMS all deserve a mention, particularly a turnaround in fortune for the latter.

But instead I've gone for Luke Simpson. Any successful side needs a good goalkeeper, and we've had a superb run of clean sheets this season. I remember doing some research earlier this year and couldn't find a similar season in a while. The credit deserves to go to Cameron/Penny/Richards for it as well (as well as aforementioned Geraldo), but I think we're lucky to have had such a safe pair of hands in goal and worthy of a third place finish.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:14 pm

Looks like Nyal Bell frequents this forum...

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:52 pm

harry211 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:12 pm
A very tough one.

For me, two are no-brainers:

Geraldo Bajrami - The Baj - He'll go down as one of the best centre backs to play for the club in the last few decades. The first time I saw him, against Chester, I just remember being blown away by his reading of the game. Very good defensively, and a genuine good pass (not an occasional Keith Lowe ball that sometimes ends up at its target). Not many players would then be able to step into midfield as easily to play against a Premier League side in a massive game, but he did. He'll go on to play at a higher level, certainly. He comes across as a nice guy too, and sticking with us for the duration of this season deserves some level of praise. I would be astonished if he's with us next season.

Sam Austin - This season has been the coming of Sam. Before, I was concerned he would become a version of Simon Russell. Seems too nice and happy for his own good, runs around a lot, but offers little and won't amount to much. He'd come to us as a winger, played at wing back, and otherwise had drifted in and out of the club. I was also surprised he was given the captain's armband. But his goals and play have been outstanding and instrumental in our cup run and league position. Always working hard, great attitude, and some great goals and assists as well.

After that, it gets tough. Caleb Richards, Omari Sterling-James, Hemmo and AMS all deserve a mention, particularly a turnaround in fortune for the latter.

But instead I've gone for Luke Simpson. Any successful side needs a good goalkeeper, and we've had a superb run of clean sheets this season. I remember doing some research earlier this year and couldn't find a similar season in a while. The credit deserves to go to Cameron/Penny/Richards for it as well (as well as aforementioned Geraldo), but I think we're lucky to have had such a safe pair of hands in goal and worthy of a third place finish.
I agree with most of your comments , for me it had to be The Baj. In regards to Luke he is a great shot stopper and seems to have a good command of the box when we are defending at this level but he really frustrates me with his ( may be his instructions?) instance to seem to slow the game down at every opertunity even when we are behind, Kiddy play so much better when there is a tempo to the game + his kicking distrubtion is not the best. I do accpet the game is all about opinions .

I will also say that I have really enjoyed this season no matter what happens with the remaining games well done to all of the team , players and backroom staff.

:red_army:
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:45 pm

Special shout outs to Penny Baj Carra AMS Austin and Simpson.
Caleb gets my vote, consistently 7/8 out of ten most weeks and a brilliant left back, best we've had since Micky D.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu May 12, 2022 10:17 pm

Due to the premature end to the season :( this poll will now end at midnight on Sunday 15th.

Any late votes get them in please. I'll announce the winner on Monday morning.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: Player of the Season 2021-22 - Caleb Richards

Post by Phil » Sun May 22, 2022 10:27 pm

Thanks to all those that voted