Marcus Dinanga
No votes

Total votes: 26

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Re: 29-01-22 Gloucester (H)

Post by harriershane » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:00 pm

What a bloody terrible ref. Not adding on a second of that treatment time is a joke.

Didn’t test Cole enough, although he made a very good save first half. Probably should’ve lost it with the two chances they had. Need to improve Tuesday night
He who dares...wins

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: MotM: 29-01-22 Gloucester (H)

Post by harry211 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:26 pm

Sounded on the radio like we huffed and puffed but didn't break through. They had their moments too. Not really lost much ground on top sides. Could be worse.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:48 pm

Have we been forgotten post match? ten to six and nothing yet. All rugger and Hereford.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:09 pm

Harriers1994
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Harriers1994 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:13 pm

I didn’t think we played that bad at all, just one of those games and AMS got smothered all game. Their centre backs had a plan and stuck to it! Hemings seems very frustrated, I noticed a slight dip in form at Hereford the other Tuesday. Wonder if he’s just burnt out??
:khfc:

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:16 pm

Frustrating afternoon. Reminded me of the Hereford performance. We have trouble against spoiling teams that sit deep. Poor ref didn't help. They were allowed to simply foul when they were under pressure with no consequences n the first half. Nugent was having a right laugh and found a ref he could play like a *

* insert instrument of choice.

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:28 pm

First half, after the first few moments when we hit the woodwork, we were very poor against the wind. Second half better but we still lacked the quality to break down a Gloucester defence that played v well.

MoM - Luke Simpson. Partly by default as nobody else was outstanding but he did make one excellent save in the second half.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:38 pm

It's a wonder that Amari didn't offer Nugent his shirt at the final whistle, he was in it for most of the game. Gloucester played a destructive game and combined with a poor ref got the result they came for. Onwards to Tuesday and we're up to 3rd.
Last edited by Jasper on Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:11 pm

Very disappointing performance against a cynical team. If you don't book a team for persistent fouling early then they will keep doing it and it will have a big effect on the game - both in terms of winning a point for them, and also as a spectacle. Who'd watch that regularly? The ref was also happy with defenders having two hands on the attackers.

We've been spoilt by the quality on show at Aggborough recently but we struggled today and hoofed the ball far too often. I think we missed Martin in this regard. 'Can we not knock it!'

Preston MOM for that superb challenge in the box, but it could have been Simpson.
Sam

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:16 pm

It seems to me, although not being there today but on recent results, that we're running out of steam. We go again on Tuesday at home to Leamington so will that be more of the same and then by next Saturday we're well and truly knackered. Should we have played the likes of Dinanga and White from the start so giving others a bit of a rest.

WHU meanwhile have a massive squad to choose from and will also have had two weeks off for their Winter break.

Why oh why didn't we ask the NL and Leamington if we could have played our game on the Tuesday following the big game instead? We both have a free Tuesday so it would have made sense and the league could have been seen to being pro-active in promoting non-league football.

It would have made sense for all concerned at the end of the day.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:26 pm

Very disappointing result, but I can more than forgive them after winning eight on the bounce at home. Fair play to Gloucester, they had a gameplan and defended well, although weren't greatly honourable in their approach, at times. I suspect something similar to what happened in the first half of the reverse fixture and maybe Hereford, having not been at either.

First half their striker and #10 rushed the centre halves, pressed hard and high, midfielders stood on Carrington and Redmond, and Harriers struggling for an outball just lumping it forwards time and time again, with their gigantic centre halves gobbling it up and knocking poor AMS from pillar to post. Harriers just didn't have the technical skill/composure/match intelligence to make angles for each other, work it wide, and play out of the press. That and just got drawn into their style of game.

Second half went 442 with two out-and-out wingers, made the pitch as big as possible, gave AMS some help and forced their fullbacks further back, having no spare centre half, which helped, but just weren't at it. Bajrami probably had the best chance from a set-piece, with a header cleared near the line, but other than that there weren't many clear chances second half.

Went for Hemmings for MOTM. Not many had a good game but he showed some flashes, took the game by the scruff of the neck as best he could and gave his all for the shirt. Also Preston made an incredible saving tackle and generally defended well, but his distribution wasn't the best. As endearing as his no-nonsense approach can be, when chasing a goal it was at times a little frustrating. Felt definitely missed Cameron's composure and greater technical skill, as far as building attacks.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:31 pm

Is that our first 0-0 draw at home in the league since the start of the 2106/7 season when we were first in NLN? I think we drew with Chorley 0-0 very early on. Struggling to think of another one since then until today.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:40 pm

Ref obviously forgot to take his yellow card with him first half. Booking Penny for his first foul when their player was running across the pitch on the halfway line after all he had let Gloucester away with defies explanation.

Hemmings put in the usual effort but very inconsistent, clearly jaded.

Thought we gained more control when Montrose came on, hope he stays fit for the rest of the season.

Not enough in final third, desperately need fresh legs in the front 3 if we are to have any chance of winning this div.

You can`t win them all but a little concerned about Tuesday.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:48 pm

Harry Err wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:31 pm
Is that our first 0-0 draw at home in the league since the start of the 2106/7 season when we were first in NLN? I think we drew with Chorley 0-0 very early on. Struggling to think of another one since then until today.
0-0 at home to Stafford Rangers in the FA Cup Sept 2019

0-0 at home to Telford August 2018 in the league

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Post by Krasnyi » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:04 pm

They came to do a job on us and succeeded and we didn’t have the nous to break them down. We only looked likely to score when we had a rare opportunity to run at their defence as Sammy did in the first half, forcing their keeper to tip it onto the bar.

A stronger ref would have helped. The only time Nugent wasn’t pushing AMS he was holding him. He needed to clamp down on their persistent, niggly fouls much earlier.

I had felt sorry for Gloucester after the way last season panned out but after watching that performance my sympathy has passed. Horrible whining, charmless bunch.

Preston looks the business as a stopper, he reads the game well.