Re: MotM: 22-01-22 York City (H)

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:53 pm

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:17 pm

Fantastic performance, I thought.

Thought York started the game well, were the aggressors, winning most the second balls, dictating. Without many clear chances. Around the twenty minute mark I was waiting for the goal, only it came the other end. Great composure from AMS with the finish, who for me had another superb game, leading the line and holding it up. Looking forward to seeing the highlights, as I've no idea what happened to the defence. It was like the parting of the red sea!

After that you could see Harriers confidence shot up and they played some lovely stuff for the rest of the half. Probably the best I've seen from them this season. Just some lovely fluid stuff with good techincal ability after picking them off time and time again, nicking it in the middle of the park sat in their mid block.

Could go for four or five for MOTM. AMS again I thought was fantastic. Sterling during that 25 minute spell was at times unplayable and causing massive problems dropping into the middle, creating overloads. Also his work out of possession was the best I've seen, he really grafted. Bajrami did tremendous as the "senior", commanding centre-half, if you like. He dealt with Donaldson, who's a top player at this level, ever so well. That instance where he was practically clean through, especially.

Redmond I thought looked incredibly promising. Very smooth operator, technically very good. He and Carrington are gonna be a tough proposition for anyone and everyone. However like Harrier1994, I'm going with Caleb. Nothing fancy, but a top, top full back performance. Like a few, no business in this league.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:46 pm

Fantastic to hear these reports, particularly about the new players doing so well.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:57 pm

Can`t really add to the above, after we scored, confidence grew, never looked like conceding & were always a threat.

Still feel we need an extra quality attacker to allow the forward 3 some respite.

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:11 pm

Not sure what happened to my previous post but...

Thought we started slowly (perhaps not surprising after Tuesday evening) but once the first goal went in, it was very comfortable. York disappointing.

Difficult to choose between Omari & Amari for MoM.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Match report now on the first page

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:51 pm

Fantastic peformance. Much has already been said, so here's a little comment on each player to organise my thoughts, some about this game and some general:

Simpson - despite York having a decent first 20 and a few other spells, I can't remember Luke having very much to do.
Penny - His usual committed performance. Great physically and good in the air, winning a lot of balls from the goal kicks. Not so technical as the other players and we should coach his crossing.
Richards - almost an MOM performance. Incredible engine to get up and down all day, very quick too. Very reliable.
Preston - did well considering him and Baj hadn't played togehter. Rugged and made sure he got the basics right.
Bajrami - What can you say about him?! My favourite player to watch in this very good side, and he's a bloody centre half. Oozes class and was no different today. That ball to AMS...
Carrington - Mr Dependable. Unfussy. Very rarely makes a mistake or gives the ball away. Mops up. Every team needs a Carrington
Austin - Another of his brilliant scurrying number 10 performances (with plenty of tracking back). Got his customary goal and was then wrapped in cotton wool. Vital to this side.
Redmond - Thought he looked very promising. His height will be useful and looked tidy.
Morgan-Smith - Grafter. Bashed all over the place as usual. Was very cool for his goal and decided to work an oportunity rather than take a snap shot - a cool decision which proved to be correct. God help us if he gets injured with Ethan also out. We'd have to play a false nine system, which we kind of saw when Dinanga came on.
Hemmings - Class. Seems to really enjoy the new close bond with the fans and plays up to us at every opportunity, humiliating their 8 after he'd been smashed by him. Luckily he's good enough!
Sterling-Jones - What a goal! A fine demonstration of knuckleball. How did it dip so wickedly at the end? Also showed some lovely dribbling and does his fair share of work - no one in this side is lazy.

Not fair to judge the subs really, but they all have admirable qualities.

I'm not sure I've seen such an optimistic time at Harriers and I've watched since 2012-13.
Sam

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:58 pm

Phil wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 pm
My reply to this is on another page

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:07 pm

Phil wrote:
Good report Phil.

That fighting was pretty nasty. I saw someone bounce down the concrete steps - no idea if they were in the brawl or just a bystander, and another middle-aged couple doing their best to get out of the area. It must have been going on for a good 5 minutes. Stewards seemed seemed to act quickly but were getting hit etc. The police seemed to take a good while to get there.
Sam

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:08 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:58 pm
Phil wrote:
My reply to this is on another page

Where Pirate?

Harriers1994
Youth team
Youth team

Re: 22-01-22 York City (H)

Post by Harriers1994 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:12 pm

andrewb wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:30 pm
Harriers1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:56 am
3-0 kiddy for me ⚽️👌
Then join the prediction league!

Only Lynton in the prediction league got the 3-0 score spot on and he remains on top of the league.
Haha, too much pressure then, I like to wing it 🤣
:khfc:

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Post by Krasnyi » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:36 pm

Are we allowed to put in revised predictions for the forthcoming rearranged games or do we have to stick to our original predictions?

andrewb
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by andrewb » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:26 pm

Krasnyi wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:36 pm
Are we allowed to put in revised predictions for the forthcoming rearranged games or do we have to stick to our original predictions?
can edit or make a new post - i will take the most recent prediction as what u want (as long as u post before the game starts obviously!)

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:06 am

Great performance against a very limited York outfit. It is hard to believe that they were the pre-season favourites to win the league.

Two huge pluses today. Firstly a comfortable win using some of our new players indicating that the strength in depth of the squad is far greater than recent seasons. The second is another encouraging turnout. 2200 home fans for a standard Saturday league match is decent. Compare that to the previous Saturday games before the cup run began where we only managed 1400 or so and it all adds up to significant extra cash for the club.

P.Underwood
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by P.Underwood » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:19 am

I thought we looked really good today.
At 2-0 was expecting York to come flying out at us 2nd half but we managed it really well & basically just shut the game down as we did against Halifax.
Redmond & Preston seemed to fit into the system easily.
Alan Irvine (West Ham assistant coach) was sat just behind me in the directors box making notes all game.
Clapped us off at the end & the Sterling freekick.