MotM: 27-11-21 Hereford (A) Simpson

All the MotM polls from the 21-22 season

Moderator: Phil

Hereford 1 Harriers 1 (3-5 on penalties)

Poll ended at Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:29 pm

Luke Simpson
36%
Alex Penny
No votes
Caleb Richards
No votes
Nathan Cameron
9%
Keith Lowe
27%
Elliot Bonds
18%
Sam Austin
No votes
Keziah Martin
No votes
Nick Clayton-Phillips
No votes
Amari Morgan-Smith
No votes
Omari Sterling-James
No votes
Jaiden White
9%
Ethan Freemantle
No votes
Ashley Hemmings
No votes

Total votes: 11

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 27-11-21 Hereford (A)

Post by TWG85 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:20 pm

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:29 am

With the weather looking dodgy overnight, when would a re-arranged game take place? Hopefully after the Halifax game?

Edgar T Peaceful
1st team
1st team

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:02 pm

The rain's meant to be finished by 6am - surely there's enough time before kick off for the pitch to drain?

I've bough a couple of ticket for this in the upstaits seated section. There were plenty to choose from, so I guess we might not be bringing as many as usual!?
Sam

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Tried the upstairs seated area last time we visited with non-existent view of the touchline on that side so have decided to go downstairs this time. It must be one of the worst away stands in any league and reminds me of a structure that may have been built in the 1950s in a country behind the iron curtain.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:35 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 pm
Tried the upstairs seated area last time we visited with non-existent view of the touchline on that side so have decided to go downstairs this time. It must be one of the worst away stands in any league and reminds me of a structure that may have been built in the 1950s in a country behind the iron curtain.
You have to sit in the front row Keith otherwise you won't see a thing. Worse downstairs with those massive concrete blocks every couple of yards.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:01 pm

Phil wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:35 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 pm
You have to sit in the front row Keith otherwise you won't see a thing. Worse downstairs with those massive concrete blocks every couple of yards.
Blood and sand!! Indeed the concrete pillars are an absolute pain but upstairs last time was beyond a joke so back downstairs again. I assume the distant terracing behind the goal is still closed?

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Yes I believe so. I don't think that new screen in there works either. Got hit by balls too many times.

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Swansea Harrier » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:34 pm

I see Garth and Pershore are still very entrenched in their views 😉

I'm still of the opinion this doesn't matter anywhere near as much as the derby games at Christmas. But i do see the momentum argument and I'll compromise - two or three changes, maybe not four of five. NCP, Jaiden White and Keziah Martin (appreciate he played at Gloucester so not a change as such) need game time. Is Freemantle injured? I'd want him to play too if not. Plus Lowe. Maybe start two of these and bring rest off the bench.

Talking about prize money in the trophy is frankly daft at this stage. I want us to get through of course (and beating Heregord would be lovely), but its not worth getting excited about this competition till the QF/SF stage.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Swansea Harrier wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:34 pm

I'm still of the opinion this doesn't matter anywhere near as much as the derby games at Christmas. But i do see the momentum argument and I'll compromise - two or three changes, maybe not four of five. NCP, Jaiden White and Keziah Martin (appreciate he played at Gloucester so not a change as such) need game time. Is Freemantle injured? I'd want him to play too if not. Plus Lowe. Maybe start two of these and bring rest off the bench.

Talking about prize money in the trophy is frankly daft at this stage. I want us to get through of course (and beating Heregord would be lovely), but its not worth getting excited about this competition till the QF/SF stage.
Agree.

(Start Keeeeth in a back 3 so Herefrord won`t get a practice match against our normal formation.)

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:20 pm

Well we will see tomorrow but most important of all besides what I think is the team that RP and JOC put out together with those on the bench and in that regard I have total confidence that they will put out the right team with the right squad. The importance is that whilst we used to have just Plan A and if that did not work the solution was to do Plan A better we now have the more mature and professional approach in that if Plan A is not working we change to Plan B, C or D whichever is required and our players can do that.

Starting with either Freemantle or Martin is NOT playing with a weakened team - both have more than proved themselves as first team players of quality. My only concern about Lowe is his pace and if Hereford have fast players up front he could be exposed.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:30 pm

Do we have a reserve 'keeper ? I know Palmer went on loan to Rushall. Simpson has been playing well which adds some degree of confidence to the defenders. I don't think he would be needing a rest, but, I think that reserve keepers need to start a game now and then. I won't be going to this, as the Trophy no longer interests me, but I will be listening online.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Swansea Harrier wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:34 pm

By which stage the additional prize money will likely not compensate for the adverse impact of fixture congestion in the league caused by the cup run.

I appreciate that some have a soft spot for the Trophy however I just don't see it. It comes with way more negatives than positives in a season where our potential final league position appears far more encouraging than recent years.

I also don't subscribe to the supposed carrot of a Wembley final. Forget last time as the circumstances were unique. In normal times watching a game in a predominantly empty stadium is hardly a great prize.

It's the first game this season that I've made no attempt to attend.

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Swansea Harrier » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:52 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:20 pm
Well we will see tomorrow but most important of all besides what I think is the team that RP and JOC put out together with those on the bench and in that regard I have total confidence that they will put out the right team with the right squad. The importance is that whilst we used to have just Plan A and if that did not work the solution was to do Plan A better we now have the more mature and professional approach in that if Plan A is not working we change to Plan B, C or D whichever is required and our players can do that.

Starting with either Freemantle or Martin is NOT playing with a weakened team - both have more than proved themselves as first team players of quality. My only concern about Lowe is his pace and if Hereford have fast players up front he could be exposed.
Totally agree with all of that 👍

You may well be right about playing Lowe against a pacey team. Grimsby didn't set up to test him that way, but sounds like we may well need the first choice back four.

I also agree that making a couple of changes like the names Pershore mentions is not weakening the team. Listening to Russ's interview he is going at it full pelt (as per Garth and Pershore's wishes) and he makes a good case with the eight-day wait for the Halifax game.

Really hope the boys bring it home tomorrow! Especially with it being a derby. But I do agree with Harry Err - the league is always the priority and given the choice I'd rather lose tomorrow and win at their place in the league. We have a real shot at promotion this season.

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Going into any game with a weakened team is the route to changing the ethos of the team. Play the best team available, aim to win to keep the positive momentum going.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:07 pm

Absolutely right, Bigfoot - momentum & team spirit - hard to get, easy to lose. We need to keep this run going.