MotM: 04-01-20 Blyth Spartans (H) Prosser

Where you can find all the links to online match resources and Man of the Match polls

Moderator: Phil

Harriers 0 Blyth Spartans 1

Poll ended at Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:12 pm

Will Mannion
No votes
Sam Austin
No votes
Ed Williams
No votes
Harry Higginson
5%
Cliff Moyo
No votes
Keith Lowe
36%
Alex Prosser
41%
Milan Butterfield
No votes
Ethan Freemantle
5%
Ashley Hemmings
14%
Oliver Shenton
No votes
Correy Davidson
No votes
Richard Peniket
No votes
Ashley Chambers
No votes

Total votes: 22

pershoreharrier
Sponsors Milan Butterfield

Re: 04-01-20 Blyth Spartans (H)

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 pm

Medieval wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:48 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:11 pm
That league table tells no lies - we are 4 points above 20th position and have played 2 games more - a win against Blyth will give us just a little breathing space and we could do with that.

A big crowd - probably not - I paid £12 to watch us fail in the most fundamental manner at Edgar Street - that was not a good deal so dropping our adult price to £10 is only a good deal if we are serving up attractive and entertaining football which we do actually deliver occasionally but not regularly enough.

I am already prepared for a dour game tomorrow but hope we can scrape a win.
Suppose we all have our views, but what a depressing post.

Hopefully the table will tell a different story at the end of the season.
Sorry but that's how it feels for me at the moment in regard to KHFC and yes I would hope the table will tell a different story by the end of the season.

Bringing in Keith Lowe is the most positive action this week and I welcome that wholeheartedly.

TWG85
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by TWG85 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:12 pm

Medieval wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:52 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:44 pm
Methinks JS doesn't have a choice - if Davidson is crocked - already wafer thin, injuries and suspensions have finally caught up the Harriers.

Midfield - Prosser, Shenton, Butterfield & Hemmings playing out wide.

Peniket & Freemantle up top.

Just hope there are no injuries.

Bench will be a case of fans asking each other,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Who's he?"
Maybe Jaiden will get a recall??
Yes, if Davidson is out for any length of time, a recall for Jayden perhaps to play wingback even, if we stick with 3 central defenders.
I wouldn't think Jaiden will be back. He's only just signed on for another month. They'll just stick an under 23s defender on the bench with Palmer, Freemantle, Digie & Scott, I reckon.

Shan will go 4-2-3-1, I'd bet the house on it. If Correy is out Austin, Moyo, Lowe, Higginson across the back. Williams, Hemmings, Prosser, Butterfield & Shenton in the middle. Picks itself.

TWG85
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by TWG85 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:15 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 pm
Medieval wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
That league table tells no lies - we are 4 points above 20th position and have played 2 games more - a win against Blyth will give us just a little breathing space and we could do with that.

A big crowd - probably not - I paid £12 to watch us fail in the most fundamental manner at Edgar Street - that was not a good deal so dropping our adult price to £10 is only a good deal if we are serving up attractive and entertaining football which we do actually deliver occasionally but not regularly enough.

Sorry but that's how it feels for me at the moment in regard to KHFC and yes I would hope the table will tell a different story by the end of the season.

Bringing in Keith Lowe is the most positive action this week and I welcome that wholeheartedly.
They're also four points from thirteenth. Lower-mid table is proper log-jammed. Depends if your cup is half full or half empty.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 pm
Medieval wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:

I think the vast majority of fans feel much as you do Pershore and it is depressing - so much so that hundreds have deserted the ship.

Fair play to you for your dedication. :scarf:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

brumkidd

Post by brumkidd » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:58 am

I've missed the last 4 home games with illness and then family commitments and I will be missing today's game too.

It's hard to admit this but I haven't really missed it. I sincerely hope that my enthusiasm returns for the next home game because I've invested a lot of emotional energy in Harriers over the last 20 years and I don't want the current situation on the pitch to knock the remaining stuffing out of me.
It is only a matter of time before those good people at Camelot give me the lottery jackpot that I so richly deserve.

Jasper
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Jasper » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:11 pm

Some of you lot remind me of a caller on local radio a few years ago when a Wolves fan called in to complain about their performance after they had won 4-0. The glass seems to be 1/4 empty all the time. Btw I am going today and it's nice to know other people are not.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:24 pm

Well I'm going and I'm expecting us to win the game.

Will be nice to see Kieth Lowe back in the shirt, and I hope we see a little bit of tactical flexibility (at some point) whereby JS can play both Penniket and Freemantle at the same time and not just as lone striker's.

It's not going to be an easy game, Blyth 's form has picked up recently and they have some useful 'away' form .
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Keith Lowe starts. Ed Williams at RB.
Davidson and Chambo on the bench

HarrierN2
1st team
1st team

Post by HarrierN2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Oh dear me.

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Jasper wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:11 pm
Some of you lot remind me of a caller on local radio a few years ago when a Wolves fan called in to complain about their performance after they had won 4-0. The glass seems to be 1/4 empty all the time. Btw I am going today and it's nice to know other people are not.
Enjoy that Jasper? How full is that glass tonight?

millzeuk
Reserves
Reserves

Re: MotM: 04-01-20 Blyth Spartans (H)

Post by millzeuk » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:29 pm

That performance was completely and utterly unacceptable. There are four players that can have any type of positive thoughts on their performance today. Those four being Mannion (nothing to do), Lowe (trained once), Hemmings (only player on either site that had any spark) and Freemantle (worked his socks off again)

The rest need to have a long hard think about whether football this is the right career for them. If I delivered a days work to that standard my boss wouldn’t accept it and I’d be left in no doubt as to how they felt. I hope the players are left in no doubt as to the managers thoughts on what they delivered today. If we don’t improve FAST we are in major danger of going down

Final word goes to Buttetfield who was down the tunnel practically before the ref blew his whistle. Show some respect towards the fans who have turned up and paid their money to watch you.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:37 pm

And then Millerman only goes and asks Shan what positives he can take from the game?

THERE WERE NONE YOU DICKHEAD!!!

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:40 pm

millzeuk wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:29 pm
That performance was completely and utterly unacceptable. There are four players that can have any type of positive thoughts on their performance today. Those four being Mannion (nothing to do), Lowe (trained once), Hemmings (only player on either site that had any spark) and Freemantle (worked his socks off again)

The rest need to have a long hard think about whether football this is the right career for them. If I delivered a days work to that standard my boss wouldn’t accept it and I’d be left in no doubt as to how they felt. I hope the players are left in no doubt as to the managers thoughts on what they delivered today. If we don’t improve FAST we are in major danger of going down

Final word goes to Buttetfield who was down the tunnel practically before the ref blew his whistle. Show some respect towards the fans who have turned up and paid their money to watch you.
Totally agree with the above. Add to that the manger who is in charge of picking the team. One up front again. Takes Freemantle off when losing and kept five at the back. We were even passing backwards in the three minutes of added time. New low for the club tonight.

harry211

Post by harry211 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:46 pm

Flashball strikes again I hear?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:53 pm

millzeuk wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:29 pm
I thought Prosser was outstanding in the first half - but ran himself into the ground trying to do the job of two players in midfield.

Need time to reflect before posting m thoughts on the game.