MotM: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A) Austin

Where you can find all the links to online match resources and Man of the Match polls

Moderator: Phil

Guiseley 1 Harriers 2

Poll ended at Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:55 pm

Will Mannion
0
No votes
Sam Austin
2
67%
Correy Davidson
0
No votes
Rhys Williams
0
No votes
Cliff Moyo
0
No votes
Ryan Johnson
1
33%
Declan Weeks
0
No votes
Milan Butterfield
0
No votes
Ashley Chambers
0
No votes
Oliver Shenton
0
No votes
Alex Prosser
0
No votes
Dennis Digie
0
No votes
Brandon Diau
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 3

User avatar
Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer
Posts: 17470
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Africa. I can hear Lions and Tigers
Contact:

MotM: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A) Austin

Post by Phil » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 am

Will the new manager effect begin to take effect at Guiseley?

With us now firmly buried at rock bottom of the current form table things look worrying.

Screenshot 2019-12-08 09.57.37.png

User avatar
Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer
Posts: 17470
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Africa. I can hear Lions and Tigers
Contact:

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by Phil » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:14 pm


redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 10398
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 2:14 pm

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Phil wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:14 pm
No coach going: https://harriers.co.uk/news/2019/12/09/guiseley-away-travel-update/
Is that a first ?
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

User avatar
jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:57 am

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by jamestheimpaler » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:49 pm

Phil wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:14 pm
No coach going: https://harriers.co.uk/news/2019/12/09/guiseley-away-travel-update/
Nice typo:

"HARRIERS are unfortunately able to offer away travel to supporters wishing to back the team at Guiseley."

Edit: The club has now changed the article.
Last edited by jamestheimpaler on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 10:50 am
Location: Hagley
Contact:

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Ha ha. Gallows humour.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:39 am

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by koro » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Ha -lucky let-off for some then ! Will there be commentary, I wonder ?

pershoreharrier
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 5665
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:19 pm

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Well I had booked a place on the coach to support the team on the field as requested by the Club - and for the sake of £50 or so the Club is not able to provide a Coach to take those much needed supporters to Guiseley to support the team.

Clearly money is more important to the Club than having its struggling first team supported at an away match. What on earth has this Club come to - able to lose £500,000 a year on a pipe dream but cannot lose £50 on a coach for the supporters.

And yes over the season the supporters coach makes a healthy profit for the Club. One wonders to what depths this Club can possibly fall - every week we seem to plumb an even greater depth of pitifulness.

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by muse_harrier » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:18 pm

No mention of travel on the khfc facebook page but on the positive side a 9 year old won khfcs goal of the month for November.
What has our club come to?

Edgar T Peaceful
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:49 pm
Location: Shropshire / Streatham

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:48 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:51 pm
Well I had booked a place on the coach to support the team on the field as requested by the Club - and for the sake of £50 or so the Club is not able to provide a Coach to take those much needed supporters to Guiseley to support the team.

Clearly money is more important to the Club than having its struggling first team supported at an away match. What on earth has this Club come to - able to lose £500,000 a year on a pipe dream but cannot lose £50 on a coach for the supporters.

And yes over the season the supporters coach makes a healthy profit for the Club. One wonders to what depths this Club can possibly fall - every week we seem to plumb an even greater depth of pitifulness.
This is a really worrying turn of events. Firstly, the lack of fans wanting to go, but more importantly the club not subsidising the support that does wish to turn out, miles away, on a Tuesday evening.

Had they partially funded the coach this could have been a minor PR victory for the club but instead it continues the feeling of the club not giving a stuff about the fans.
Sam

pricey5
1st team
1st team
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 pm
Location: In your head...

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by pricey5 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:03 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:51 pm
Well I had booked a place on the coach to support the team on the field as requested by the Club - and for the sake of £50 or so the Club is not able to provide a Coach to take those much needed supporters to Guiseley to support the team.

Clearly money is more important to the Club than having its struggling first team supported at an away match. What on earth has this Club come to - able to lose £500,000 a year on a pipe dream but cannot lose £50 on a coach for the supporters.

And yes over the season the supporters coach makes a healthy profit for the Club. One wonders to what depths this Club can possibly fall - every week we seem to plumb an even greater depth of pitifulness.
Did they say how many had booked on? I know in the past they’ve needed at least 35 for the long Tuesday away trips just to break even, and in many games they’ve run the coach at a loss. Seems like the new owners want to run as tight a ship as possible.

pershoreharrier
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 5665
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:19 pm

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:45 pm

pricey5 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:03 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:51 pm
Well I had booked a place on the coach to support the team on the field as requested by the Club - and for the sake of £50 or so the Club is not able to provide a Coach to take those much needed supporters to Guiseley to support the team.

Clearly money is more important to the Club than having its struggling first team supported at an away match. What on earth has this Club come to - able to lose £500,000 a year on a pipe dream but cannot lose £50 on a coach for the supporters.

And yes over the season the supporters coach makes a healthy profit for the Club. One wonders to what depths this Club can possibly fall - every week we seem to plumb an even greater depth of pitifulness.
Did they say how many had booked on? I know in the past they’ve needed at least 35 for the long Tuesday away trips just to break even, and in many games they’ve run the coach at a loss. Seems like the new owners want to run as tight a ship as possible.
I am almost expecting that as the home gates dwindle the east stand will be closed on the grounds of economy and the season ticket holders affected will be asked to find a seat in the Main Stand so they can support the Club in becoming financially viable.

The Club make money over the season on away travel I would suggest that in the interests of the paying customer that might have had a bearing on the reliability of service. Never mind I will drive to the next away game and save the powers that be any concern (this being none) over a lack of Harriers support.

User avatar
offers
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:01 pm

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by offers » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 pm

I have a suggestion. Through the grapevine I have been informed that there are under 20 booked on the coach. On the players coach there are probably only going to be 25 max. As a gesture of good will let those who have booked go on the players coach like the good old days!!!! Saves money. We are not the only club that would not run a coach if the numbers were that low.

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by muse_harrier » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 pm

I am struggling to remember the last time the club didnt run a coach to a league game.
The only problem of the supporters going with the players.
Departing early and arriving back a lot later after waiting for players to shower and then a de tour to drop the players off.
A long night in store.

striker1
Youth team
Youth team
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by striker1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:26 pm

Just a thought Muse_harrier. Doesn’t the Club have several minibuses?… Might it be possible for one or more of these to be made available, subject to, finding drivers who could be insured under the Clubs policy? An alternative maybe?? What do you think??

Justin Tomlinson
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Sponsors Milan Butterfield
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: 10-12-19 Guiseley (A)

Post by Justin Tomlinson » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:27 pm

This is very poor.

As people have said over the season the coach should make money, so a loss should be ‘absorbed’.

At the very least they should have appealed for additional fans to make the min. threshold, or perhaps asked KHIST to step in and ‘sponsor’ the gap.

Very poor.

Locked