MotM: 04-01-20 Blyth Spartans (H) Prosser

Where you can find all the links to online match resources and Man of the Match polls

Moderator: Phil

Harriers 0 Blyth Spartans 1

Poll ended at Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:12 pm

Will Mannion
No votes
Sam Austin
No votes
Ed Williams
No votes
Harry Higginson
5%
Cliff Moyo
No votes
Keith Lowe
36%
Alex Prosser
41%
Milan Butterfield
No votes
Ethan Freemantle
5%
Ashley Hemmings
14%
Oliver Shenton
No votes
Correy Davidson
No votes
Richard Peniket
No votes
Ashley Chambers
No votes

Total votes: 22

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Sponsors Milan Butterfield

Re: MotM: 04-01-20 Blyth Spartans (H)

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:47 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:35 pm
Well come on then Pirate, tell us what you have heard that is so positive after the Blyth debacle, or is it just more hot air.

That's just me trying to be polite
:finger:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:47 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
Well come on then Pirate, tell us what you have heard that is so positive after the Blyth debacle, or is it just more hot air.

As I thought more BS
Another for the filter :shock:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:27 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 pm
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:47 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:

As I thought more BS
Another for the filter :shock:
:shakeit:

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:31 pm

I can only think that our manager thought that Ed Williams would add attacking flair to the wing back role. Unfortunately, Williams was completely unsuited to the role as his defending was poor and he never got past his man. It also moved the ever willing Austin over to the left again. He has shown great improvement lately, so why change his role again?
We seem to rigidly stick to the system when we are unable to control the midfield. Without Weeks, we have no control. Prosser has improved with more game time and now works harder than anyone. I agree that Butterfield has to be left out once Weeks is fit- but how long is that going to be?
Too many times there was no movement for a player in possession too so movement was very slow. Hemmings has ideas but few can get on the same page. He always seems to be doing things alone

Jonkers
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Jonkers » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Pirate

Pathetic and childish !!

TWG85
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by TWG85 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:28 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:31 pm
I can only think that our manager thought that Ed Williams would add attacking flair to the wing back role. Unfortunately, Williams was completely unsuited to the role as his defending was poor and he never got past his man. It also moved the ever willing Austin over to the left again. He has shown great improvement lately, so why change his role again?
We seem to rigidly stick to the system when we are unable to control the midfield. Without Weeks, we have no control. Prosser has improved with more game time and now works harder than anyone. I agree that Butterfield has to be left out once Weeks is fit- but how long is that going to be?
Too many times there was no movement for a player in possession too so movement was very slow. Hemmings has ideas but few can get on the same page. He always seems to be doing things alone
Shan said he should be back in training end of this week.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:20 am

Jonkers wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:15 pm
Pirate

Pathetic and childish !!
Thank you for your input.

pershoreharrier

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:24 am

pershoreharrier wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:31 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:58 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:46 pm
Marcus Garvey wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:50 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:10 pm
Academy style football at this level does not work.

Full time players on limited budgets does not work at this level.

Having academy coaches with theorising game plans based on possession for possessions sake does not work at this level.

Not understanding the aforementioned and expecting supporters to attend games regardless does not work at this level.

Colin Gordon once spoke about 'educating' the fans - I rest my case.
Like like like

What has changed for the good in the last 12 months?? Mcfarlane, Gordon, O'Connor, Yates, Pemberton, Penn and now Shann...and yet some still can't see it.This club is dieing a very slow death if not dead already. I would take folding and starting afresh where everyone was united with the same goal.
Well if some serious profits do not surface in the next year or so then someone will say no more cash and that will be that. I wonder how much RL and his partners are prepared to put in before seeing a financial return - personally I don't think it will be long enough.

Will we see more season ticket holders next season - NO - will the gates improve - NO. Will we see a previous owner leave for good - NO.

And today we tried to enhance the gate by offering admission for £10 - I left hearing some folk who had tried us out for the first time saying £10 was absolute robbery.
I heard the opposite. Opinions hey?
What did you hear Pirate?

More season ticket holders next season?

Bigger gates next season?

Previous owner leaving for good?

£10 admission for our game against Blyth - good value?

Genuinely interested in what you heard - thanks.
Nice that there is a positive reaction to all the gloom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolllaugh:
The gloom needs to be lifted if possible and if Pirate heard news that could do that it would be helpful if it was shared.
Sadly it looks as though the positives may have evaporated.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:04 am

pershoreharrier wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:24 am
pershoreharrier wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:31 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:07 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:58 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:46 pm
Marcus Garvey wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:50 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:10 pm
Academy style football at this level does not work.

Full time players on limited budgets does not work at this level.

Having academy coaches with theorising game plans based on possession for possessions sake does not work at this level.

Not understanding the aforementioned and expecting supporters to attend games regardless does not work at this level.

Colin Gordon once spoke about 'educating' the fans - I rest my case.
Like like like

What has changed for the good in the last 12 months?? Mcfarlane, Gordon, O'Connor, Yates, Pemberton, Penn and now Shann...and yet some still can't see it.This club is dieing a very slow death if not dead already. I would take folding and starting afresh where everyone was united with the same goal.
Well if some serious profits do not surface in the next year or so then someone will say no more cash and that will be that. I wonder how much RL and his partners are prepared to put in before seeing a financial return - personally I don't think it will be long enough.

Will we see more season ticket holders next season - NO - will the gates improve - NO. Will we see a previous owner leave for good - NO.

And today we tried to enhance the gate by offering admission for £10 - I left hearing some folk who had tried us out for the first time saying £10 was absolute robbery.
I heard the opposite. Opinions hey?
What did you hear Pirate?

More season ticket holders next season?

Bigger gates next season?

Previous owner leaving for good?

£10 admission for our game against Blyth - good value?

Genuinely interested in what you heard - thanks.
Nice that there is a positive reaction to all the gloom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolllaugh:
The gloom needs to be lifted if possible and if Pirate heard news that could do that it would be helpful if it was shared.
Sadly it looks as though the positives may have evaporated.
Need to have been there in the first place to have 'evaporated' :roll:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Interesting game tonight where Blyth take on Alti (away) - will give a good indication of how their form stands up.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:43 pm

Alti win 3-1 - a good result for Harriers, but at the same time an indication of the gulf between clubs on the edge of the play offs and Kiddy at this moment in time.
Last edited by redandwhitemike on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:44 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:43 pm
Alti win 3-1 - a good result for Harriers, but at the same time an indication of the gulf between clubs on the edge of the play offs and Kiddy at this moment in time.

Jasper
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Jasper » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:31 pm

Well we were unlucky not to win at Alty a few weeks ago so it's certainly a funny old league this season. Wasn't much gulf then. It's scoring goals that's been the problem all season.

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by jamestheimpaler » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 pm

Quotes from: http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=24355.0

"I cannot ever remember racking up 15 points in less than a fortnight !" ... I'm struggling to remember the last time Harriers racked up 5 points in a fortnight!

"Fair do's to Blyth who tried to play and just sit behind the ball, they just weren't very good." ... Good enough for three points at Aggborough!

"Enjoyable evening’s football; Alty are bubbling with confidence at the moment and once they get a two goal lead, they seem to relax and play as though they believe that they can score from every attack. " ... If only