New players / trialists / rumours 1

I've put all the more interesting old threads in here so they can still be seen following the board overhaul in October 2008. It'll be read only.

Moderator: Phil

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: New players / trialists / rumours. PLEASE KEEP SIGNINGS TO THIS THREAD

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:51 am

Phil wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:46 pm
WBAKHFC123 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:29 pm
Krystian Pearce has signed.
This true? Risky
He's one of those players who is really good or really bad.
If he wasn't suspended so much last season Hereford would have made the play offs, they didn't lose many when he played

Majestic
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Majestic » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:18 am

Looked an average player in the Aggborough game when sent off after beaten for pace by AMS. Can only assume he is a replacement for Cameron who must be on his way.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:33 am

Majestic wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:18 am
Looked an average player in the Aggborough game when sent off after beaten for pace by AMS. Can only assume he is a replacement for Cameron who must be on his way.
Must admit that none of the Hereford players covered themselves in glory that night.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:53 pm

https://twitter.com/HarriersOnline/status/1539259465316409344

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Pearce has signed now.

Link and thoughts anyone?

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:58 pm

Interesting one. Fantastic pedigree, but the fact he's moved around so much since dropping into non-league is a little disconcerting. Seems like a bit of a gamble on paper. As others have said, looks like things didn't get worked out with Cameron then, as you can't see him coming in to fill the "Lowe role".

Waiting on the status of the renewals more than anything right now. Just to see the lay of the land, so to speak.

TomLong78
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TomLong78 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:24 pm

TWG85 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:58 pm
Interesting one. Fantastic pedigree, but the fact he's moved around so much since dropping into non-league is a little disconcerting. Seems like a bit of a gamble on paper. As others have said, looks like things didn't get worked out with Cameron then, as you can't see him coming in to fill the "Lowe role".

Waiting on the status of the renewals more than anything right now. Just to see the lay of the land, so to speak.
I may have lost track of who we have signed up, but I assumed Pearce would be our 2nd centre back, to play with big Nath, rather than a replacement.

Our only other signing at centre-back so far is, I believe, Tom Leak, who I assumed would be cover, rather than first choice.

We’ve lost Lowe and Moyo (at least for now), the assumption is that Bajrami will be moving on, and Preston isn’t our player, even when he does get fit (which may still be some time away).

Finally I would also expect Penny to play right back, unless absolutely necessary, so for me the signing of Pearce doesn’t tell me much about Cameron’s future, since if he left, we’d need to sign a third centre-back anyway.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 pm

TomLong78 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:24 pm
TWG85 wrote:

I may have lost track of who we have signed up, but I assumed Pearce would be our 2nd centre back, to play with big Nath, rather than a replacement.

Our only other signing at centre-back so far is, I believe, Tom Leak, who I assumed would be cover, rather than first choice.
I don't know about that, Tom. I'd think Leak has come in to be a starter, having played first team games at Walsall. Always the chance could see a straight fight between the three I suppose, as we did in the covid season at centre back, but that wasn't my intuition, with Pearce and Cameron both in their thirties, with injury histories and not the quickest, and thought of them playing together.

Guess time will tell. Should know everything shortly anyway, with such little time left on the contracts.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:58 pm

I reckon Leak will nail down his first team place very quickly.

Simple simon
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Simple simon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:04 pm

You think it be worth a punt on Corey panter as a free agent, young and had a short spell here, cheap option as back up

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:05 pm

TWG85 wrote:

This aligns with my read of it, to be honest. I’ll come back with my data on him when I get round to digging it out, but I recall a couple of injuries and at least 2 reds in there and we all remember how AMS had him on toast at Aggborough. I think pre-Hereford we’d have hailed it but that stint just puts a wee black mark on it, for me
He who dares...wins

WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:37 pm

Sterling gone.

Cameron hopefully stays.
Last edited by WBAKHFC123 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Swansea Harrier » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:11 pm

WBAKHFC123 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:37 pm
Sterling gone.

Cameron 50/50 to stay, offered fresh reduced terms.
Well, fair play WBA - you were right on the money with Pearce. Wouldn't be surprised about either of your latest nuggets of information either -Sterling we have as good as replaced anyway with Ceesay.

I'm a bit disappointed Cameron has only been offered reduced terms to stay - knowing we were unlikely to hold on to Baj we should have been busting a gut to keep Cameron in my opinion. But we live in hope.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:12 pm

TWG85 wrote:

Has had seven clubs in 12 years, same as Cameron and one less then Lowey. Quite normal for a 32yr old.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:07 pm