New players / trialists / rumours 1

I've put all the more interesting old threads in here so they can still be seen following the board overhaul in October 2008. It'll be read only.

Moderator: Phil

Kiddyharrier22
Youth team
Youth team

Re: New players / trialists / rumours. PLEASE KEEP SIGNINGS TO THIS THREAD

Post by Kiddyharrier22 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:43 pm

Harry Aire wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:52 pm
Tom Owen Evans, hated him at Hereford. Did a bad tackle on one of ours a few Christmas's back and the ref gave nothing. Always seems to be playing close to the edge. Don't know how many yellow cards he gets. Would not like to see that side of him in Harriers colours. Maybe Russ has realised you don't get far in this league without, ahem, "physical" players. Personally I would rather stay in this league for ever than start to emulate the likes of those sh*ts at Allfrighten Town. Sorry to sound a negative note. Please tell me I'm wrong. Often am.
The beauty of opinions in football eh.. Never classed him as that sort of player at all.. caused us all sorts of problems before Herefords sending off at aggborough not so many months back.

I do feel this is a great signing but can't help but think this maybe to replace Sammy going.

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Sat May 28, 2022 9:55 pm

Delighted to see that the transfer policy has shifted from signing the worst available full time to the best available part time players, who have experience in this league, physicality and ability. Some may prefer to see the likes of Weekes (techincal ability but couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag) in the team and see us drift further and further down but I prefer a bit of grit, steel and ability if that's what it takes. Keep um coming Russ.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Sun May 29, 2022 9:54 am

I obviously had a wrong opinion of him and am very happy to admit my error. All good. That Christmas tackle was a bad one though. Anyone else remember it?

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Swansea Harrier » Sun May 29, 2022 10:10 am

Harry Aire wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:54 am
I obviously had a wrong opinion of him and am very happy to admit my error. All good. That Christmas tackle was a bad one though. Anyone else remember it?
If its one at Edgar Street then yes I do remember it. They nearly scored on the break from it, ref didn't even give a free kick and we lost our player (can't remember who...) for several weeks. They then got a really soft penalty for a shoulder charge 10 minutes from time and we lost 1-0.

It was a really bad tackle. But I must admit that if we're thinking of the same incident I didn't think it was TO-E who was responsible...

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sun May 29, 2022 10:15 am

Think it was the tackle on Ed Williams, who was on a great goal scoring run at the time, he wasn't the same after. Can't remember the Hereford player though.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun May 29, 2022 11:20 am

The tackle was on Billy Daniels while the penalty was for a push by Ryan Johnson on Mike Symons.

https://harriers-online.co.uk/khfc/26-12-18-report-hereford-fc-1-kidderminster-harriers-0/

Tom.10
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Tom.10 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:05 am

Nathan Lowe joins from Darlington

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Mon May 30, 2022 11:15 am

Another very promising signing! I wonder when the bad news will start - get the Season Tickets on sale first though!!

Great set of pearly whites too :D

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon May 30, 2022 11:25 am

Doesn't ring a bell, any good?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Red Bear
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Red Bear » Mon May 30, 2022 11:42 am

Just watched the highlights back from the Darlington game at the end of the season - he played as a holding midfielder before pushing up once they were behind.

Clearly likes to take a long-range free kick. Can only assume that he normally shows more energy than shown by the highlights for what was admittedly an end-of-season game with nothing to play for. Or maybe he was already in discussions with us and thought it best not to try too hard... 😁

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Mon May 30, 2022 12:20 pm

Very positive comments on the Darlington forum.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon May 30, 2022 12:33 pm

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Mon May 30, 2022 12:38 pm

Given all the new podcast/interview content we are now getting from Wes and Nick, one of the first things I'm wondering about are his travel arrangements. Possibly manchester area based so I assume he can car pool...Carra and Simpson are gone - the other one escapes me.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Mon May 30, 2022 1:16 pm

Interesting one. Both in-terms of pedigree and location. As mentioned guess he's a new addition to what's left of the northern crew in Caleb, Penny and Cliff if he sticks around.

Quite unusual for Harriers in someone who's milled around this level and not played higher. You assume he's reaching his peak and maturing though, given his age. Won't pretend to know too much about him, beyond some Darlington highlights here-and-there and last game of the season. Looks to be able to handle himself in the middle of the park and good technical player. Good looking fella as well with great teeth, as mentioned. :D

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon May 30, 2022 4:51 pm

Very impressed with RP's transfer activity so far! And delighted that he's focused on bringing in midfield targets, as I feel this is the key to our success.

Lowe sounds like he has a great balance of skill, physicality and goal scoring potential. Owen Evans looks excellent too. We're going to have a strong midfield this year...

Very happy!