League news/Former Harriers 1

I've put all the more interesting old threads in here so they can still be seen following the board overhaul in October 2008. It'll be read only.

Moderator: Phil

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by Krasnyi » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:54 pm

Tommy Widdrington resigns as Kings Lynn manager to take up a position with another club (who apparently failed to approach KL). Not us is it?

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:20 pm

I’d be v surprised if it was !

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:45 pm

The main stand at Southport will now be known as 'The Sam Shrouder Main Stand Sponsored By Anthony James Estate Agents' and the full title must be quoted in all comments about the 'The Sam Shrouder Main Stand Sponsored By Anthony James Estate Agents'

So when we go there in a few weeks time (not me thankfully cos we'll be just getting back from a week in Jersey) and you want to sit in the main stand then you must ask for tickets specifically for 'The Sam Shrouder Main Stand Sponsored By Anthony James Estate Agents' otherwise they won't know what stand you're on about :)

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:45 pm

Krasnyi wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:54 pm
Tommy Widdrington resigns as Kings Lynn manager to take up a position with another club (who apparently failed to approach KL). Not us is it?
Twitter conjecture suggests Yeovil - apparently has links with their DoF or something
He who dares...wins

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:17 am

Perhaps not so surprising bearing in mind his recent comments about the lack of support for the club in Kings Lynn.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:03 pm

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:16 pm

Unfortunately Baj had an absolute mare against Wrexham today.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:16 pm

"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:36 pm

Sammy scored twice in County's win over promotion hopefuls Woking today

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:43 pm

Mickey Demetriou scored in Newport's 2-0 win over Hartlepool yesterday. Still going strong at the age of 33

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by jamestheimpaler » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:39 pm

Ladapo only played 20 mins yesterday but scored twice for Ipswich in their 6-0 drubbing of Charlton

nottsfan81

Post by nottsfan81 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:35 pm

Notts fan here. Thought I'd update you on Austin and Baj

Austin has grown so much over the season, he never looked a bad player but he needed some time to make the step up and he's done that now. I know he scored a few for you guys and now he's found his shooting boots for us too. Our manager says he's a pleasure to have in the team as sometimes he's been motm but then on the bench next game just because of what was needed v that opposition and he never complains. We will probably lose our star attacking midfielder (Ruben Rodrigues) and we presume Austin will be his replacement.

Baj has been more mixed. Settled a lot faster and had some great games and then he went off the boil.

Our manager said recently about him ..

Mentally he is a strong guy and we felt like his form was not where it has been earlier in the season - he didn't play terribly but he didn't hit the level, that is not a problem and we spoke about that.

"But when I look into his eyes, I know it's not because he is not taking it seriously or not taking care of himself and I have complete confidence in Baj that he just suffered bad form, like any player.

He came back in recent weeks but then had a bit of a disaster v Wrexham. He played centre of our back three and although his distribution was good he got shrugged off the ball once for Wrexham to score and then made an error clearing which led to another goal. To be honest if it wasn't for injuries he wouldn't have started that game. Baj was gutted, he came to the Notts fans at the end and held his hands up and looked in bits but it was just one of those things and Notts fans are right behind him and know he will get back to the player we saw earlier on in the season.

All four of the players who played in NLN last season have done NLN proud with Langstaff being different gravy and Scott being excellent too

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:40 pm

nottsfan81 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:35 pm
Notts fan here. Thought I'd update you on Austin and Baj

Austin has grown so much over the season, he never looked a bad player but he needed some time to make the step up and he's done that now. I know he scored a few for you guys and now he's found his shooting boots for us too. Our manager says he's a pleasure to have in the team as sometimes he's been motm but then on the bench next game just because of what was needed v that opposition and he never complains. We will probably lose our star attacking midfielder (Ruben Rodrigues) and we presume Austin will be his replacement.

Baj has been more mixed. Settled a lot faster and had some great games and then he went off the boil.

Our manager said recently about him ..

Mentally he is a strong guy and we felt like his form was not where it has been earlier in the season - he didn't play terribly but he didn't hit the level, that is not a problem and we spoke about that.

"But when I look into his eyes, I know it's not because he is not taking it seriously or not taking care of himself and I have complete confidence in Baj that he just suffered bad form, like any player.

He came back in recent weeks but then had a bit of a disaster v Wrexham. He played centre of our back three and although his distribution was good he got shrugged off the ball once for Wrexham to score and then made an error clearing which led to another goal. To be honest if it wasn't for injuries he wouldn't have started that game. Baj was gutted, he came to the Notts fans at the end and held his hands up and looked in bits but it was just one of those things and Notts fans are right behind him and know he will get back to the player we saw earlier on in the season.

All four of the players who played in NLN last season have done NLN proud with Langstaff being different gravy and Scott being excellent too
Thanks. It's good to hear that both our lads are doing well for you.

Do you think Sammy could do well in the FL?

nottsfan81

Post by nottsfan81 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:32 pm

Sammy wont have an issue stepping up. Fingers crossed we get over the line this season!

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:07 pm

Matt Preston in the NLP team of the week for last weekend.