New players / trialists / rumours 1

I've put all the more interesting old threads in here so they can still be seen following the board overhaul in October 2008. It'll be read only.

Moderator: Phil

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: New players / trialists / rumours. PLEASE KEEP SIGNINGS TO THIS THREAD

Post by Marcus Garvey » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:18 pm

Torquay fans glad to see the back of him...never a good sign. Decidedly unimpressive against United....an odd signing IMO. Can't believe there won't be at least one foward loan signing next week, hopefully two otherwise lack of goals a massive concern.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:09 pm

Marcus Garvey wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:18 pm
Torquay fans glad to see the back of him...never a good sign. Decidedly unimpressive against United....an odd signing IMO. Can't believe there won't be at least one foward loan signing next week, hopefully two otherwise lack of goals a massive concern.
I agree a forward addition would provide depth, but I don’t see our our current squad being goal shy, far less a ‘massive concern’. AMS got a decent tally last term, Hemmo has plenty of goals in him, Cessay and Brown seem to know where the net is and I can see Freenmantle getting better and better, not to mention TOE and Lowe.

Our squad looks strong and we’ve built in the areas we were left wanting last season, keep the faith lad.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Simple simon
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Simple simon » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:25 pm

Tbf see a strange signing but management seen something in him and just never know, Least he knows not fulfilled his career as likes so perhaps something to prove but then could be another Nyall bell

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:47 pm

Mayo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:09 pm
Marcus Garvey wrote:
I agree a forward addition would provide depth, but I don’t see our our current squad being goal shy, far less a ‘massive concern’. AMS got a decent tally last term, Hemmo has plenty of goals in him, Cessay and Brown seem to know where the net is and I can see Freenmantle getting better and better, not to mention TOE and Lowe.

Our squad looks strong and we’ve built in the areas we were left wanting last season, keep the faith lad.
Hope your right! AMS must be a good month or two away from full fitness and even starting a game, to put the expectation on Freemantle to fill the void would I think, be unfair. AMS and Hemmo now wrong side of 30 and need to be managed through the season. Struggling to understand signing midfield squad fillers (better save funds for a loan if required) when we are already considering players playing out of position upfront and disrupting midfield before a ball has even been kicked...

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:32 pm

Marcus Garvey wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:47 pm
Mayo wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:09 pm
Marcus Garvey wrote:

Hope your right! AMS must be a good month or two away from full fitness and even starting a game, to put the expectation on Freemantle to fill the void would I think, be unfair. AMS and Hemmo now wrong side of 30 and need to be managed through the season. Struggling to understand signing midfield squad fillers (better save funds for a loan if required) when we are already considering players playing out of position upfront and disrupting midfield before a ball has even been kicked...
We've got great midfield options now, which is great and chalk and cheese compared with last season and a massive plus. But, man oh man, I hope Russ has another striker up his sleeve. To start the season one injury away from having no striker or, even worse, having no striker fit on the first day would be madness.

Ceesay looks excellent on the left wing and I wouldn't want to see him forced into an unnatural striking role where he could get injured or lose form.

Anyway, all ifs and buts until the next 8 days unfolds... In Russ we trust! We're only two players away from a superb squad.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:47 pm

Clearly some potential talent in Gabby Rodgers... See 19 seconds in:

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:19 am

It’s funny how people see things differently. I thought he looked quality first half against United. Pleased with this but we still badly need that additional centre forward

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:26 am

I thought he looked OK and he tried like mad. Just wonder though how he ends up playing for Plymouth Parkway. Summit not quite right - as they say down in Debbum.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:20 pm

Trialist A announced:
https://twitter.com/khfcofficial/status/1554833464955834368

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:18 pm

Is he the fella you likened to Bajrami with some of his passing then, Phil?

Must say I'm quite taken aback by the competition for places. Gonna be quite a few short-term loans out the door with some of the younger players this season, you'd reckon.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:25 pm

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:42 pm

Phil wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:25 pm
Yes he is Tom.

https://harriers-online.co.uk/khfc/squad/ben-margetson/
:like:

cjh201170
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by cjh201170 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:39 am

With AMS still injured and Freemantle taking a knock on Saturday there's no mention or rumour of another striker coming in. Will RP play Brown? Ceesay? Not convinced this is the wise option and sincerely hope a loan signing is due this week. Is there anyone in the know?

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:17 am

IF we have to play without a striker and I hope we don't, then I wonder if we're better off with Hemmings central rather than Ceesay? I think Hemmings finishing/shooting is probably stronger. I also have a horrible feeling that Ceesay will get kicked to pieces and injured if played centrally.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:11 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:17 am
IF we have to play without a striker and I hope we don't, then I wonder if we're better off with Hemmings central rather than Ceesay? I think Hemmings finishing/shooting is probably stronger. I also have a horrible feeling that Ceesay will get kicked to pieces and injured if played centrally.
Agree, Brown can then take Hemmings place out wide.