Released or Retained

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Edgar T Peaceful
1st team
1st team

Re: Released or Retained

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:14 pm

I don't think he was that lazy off the ball. We'd need the stats to see but I recall him tracking back quite a bit. Sometimes his attitude looked like didn't care, which could give a bad impression, but I dont think that's quite the same as actually not working, or not doing your job.
Sam

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:28 pm

Edgar T Peaceful wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:14 pm
I don't think he was that lazy off the ball. We'd need the stats to see but I recall him tracking back quite a bit. Sometimes his attitude looked like didn't care, which could give a bad impression, but I dont think that's quite the same as actually not working, or not doing your job.
His attitude always felt inconsistent to me. Whether fair or not, I never knew whether he was going to bother or not, which isn't something I felt about any other member of the team. And his attitude towards Caleb was frequently shocking- ignoring his runs, deciding to run instead into a crowd of three opponents, then berating Caleb for not running back fast enough. Of course, it's entirely possible that OSJ was following the team instructions, and it was Caleb who was failing to be a team player. I simply observe that Caleb got the player's player of the season award, and OSJ has left the club.

Overall, I feel our recruitment has put us into a roughly similar position as last season. I'm very happy with the replacements, though of course we don't yet know how they will gel as a team. I feel we're short of depth, and expect we will still be come the start of the season, but you never know what else might be in the pipeline.

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:16 am

I just wish some form of statement would be made regarding Cameron. If he’s stalling on whether to sign or not, he should have been given a deadline e.g. either sign by July 1st or go. The CB positions need to be nailed.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:06 pm

Murphy wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:16 am
I just wish some form of statement would be made regarding Cameron. If he’s stalling on whether to sign or not, he should have been given a deadline e.g. either sign by July 1st or go. The CB positions need to be nailed.
I suspect he has gone. That's the point. He is not training with us.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:14 pm

A great shame if true. Can't understand why we didn't value him more highly. I thought he was terrific for us last season - including providing the assist for our West Ham goal. Strange to reward him with an offer of lower wages, if the rumour is true. As usual the ordinary fan is left wondering what is really going on.