Released or Retained

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Re: Released or Retained

Post by harriershane » Mon May 16, 2022 5:52 pm

Think Simpson is the biggest shock, although potential reasons are coveted above. Hope we’ve got a plan to get a good keeper in and we’re loaning Emery/Palmer out.

Hopefully we can reach an agreement with Cameron for reasons I’ve mentioned earlier in the thread. As for Bajrami accepting a contract, we can but dream. At least we’ll get some compensation…
He who dares...wins

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:57 pm

Krasnyi wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:41 pm
As some pointed out to me on Twitter, maybe this was Luke’s choice. Had enough of the travelling?
That would be me, Davey. :D Hopefully he himself will shed some light. I expect some sort of statement, especially with the support he's receiving.

Personally I support the decision either way, depending on the plan moving forwards if it's coming from the club. But I'll have a different perspective to many. I've only started attending again the last three seasons, so haven't endured the seemingly many hits-and-misses with keepers that others have. Was certainly pretty dependable.

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Mon May 16, 2022 5:59 pm

Disappointing on Carra and Simmo but given the travelling not a surprise. Odd on Cameron, struggling to understand what is going on there. Expect a few to reject and go elsewhere. Hope signings are of the 6ft+ strong and athletic mould. Really need either Baj or Cameron to sign, to lose both would be a big blow.

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:18 pm

harriershane wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:52 pm
Think Simpson is the biggest shock, although potential reasons are coveted above. Hope we’ve got a plan to get a good keeper in and we’re loaning Emery/Palmer out.

Hopefully we can reach an agreement with Cameron for reasons I’ve mentioned earlier in the thread. As for Bajrami accepting a contract, we can but dream. At least we’ll get some compensation…
Do you not think Palmer takes the number 1 shirt? A full season as number 1 at Rushall. If he's not ready now he probably won't be

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:20 pm

Harrier1994 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:18 pm
harriershane wrote:

Do you not think Palmer takes the number 1 shirt? A full season as number 1 at Rushall. If he's not ready now he probably won't be
I think we'll bring in a new keeper.

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:22 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:20 pm
Harrier1994 wrote:
harriershane wrote:

I honestly think it'll be Palmer that gets the number 1 shirt. Emery as backup again

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:23 pm

I think RP's choices are pretty much spot on.

Carrington's been a real asset and I could see him moving into management.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:23 pm

Harrier1994 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:22 pm
HarrierN2 wrote:
Harrier1994 wrote:
harriershane wrote:

I honestly think it'll be Palmer that gets the number 1 shirt. Emery as backup again
Can't see it myself but I guess the truth will be revealed soon enough!

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon May 16, 2022 6:30 pm

Simmo's statement:

https://twitter.com/lukesimpson33/status/1526249762839724046

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Mon May 16, 2022 6:55 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:23 pm
Harrier1994 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:22 pm
HarrierN2 wrote:
Harrier1994 wrote:
harriershane wrote:

Can't see it myself but I guess the truth will be revealed soon enough!
I can’t see it either, but like you say, an excellent season at a very good Rushall side. I know how much they liked him down there from when he played a post season friendly for them this time last year before we’d offered him a deal.

I think it’s because he’s come through the Academy we automatically doubt it (too young etc) but want him to do well. Big gloves to fill though, suspect it would’ve been an easier sell to fans for Palmer to be number 1 if we were coming off a poor season.

There’s a reason we’ve offered him a deal though, given he established himself at Step 3.

Part of the post/pre season guessing fun, I suppose!
He who dares...wins

TrialistA
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TrialistA » Mon May 16, 2022 7:02 pm

We're no different to any other club and it's all about balancing the books. RP's decisions must be informed by the wages that some players are taking and we're never likely to know that part of the story. However, I'd guess that Carrington and Montrose were higher on the pay scale.
Tom Palmer hasn't really let us down but I've wondered if he is strong enough for a lengthy run in the side. The season at Rushall has answered that question. I'm sure they have their share of mad, bad and ugly opposition forwards down at that level, too.
The challenge may be to hold on to players that are already under contract. There must be clubs, a level or two above us, that are looking at Sam Austin, Caleb Richards and, possibly, Alex Penny. If they are sold, let's hope it's for a substantial sum with decent add-ons.

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Mon May 16, 2022 7:06 pm

Ben Foster is available? Maybe he wants a second spell? 🤣

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:32 pm

Netherton Saddler81 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:33 pm
As I mentioned on another thread if I were Penn I'd be asking the question about Tom Leak. He would be perfect for you guys. Maybe been a ex team mate of freemantle he could convince him to join 🤔
What are your thoughts on the keeper Jack Rose who you've let go, Netherton Saddler? Far too good for this level and expect offers higher up? I see he'd been playing up until this season. Local, available and a good age. *fingers crossed*

Also how's the fella Tom Leak's recovery pace?

BobGreenwoodsDad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by BobGreenwoodsDad » Mon May 16, 2022 7:39 pm

I would love to know if anyone on here has any ‘inside knowledge’ on the Cameron situation. An offer of a new contract (even if it is at a wage level he may not accept - we have, after all, offered Baj a contract) seems a no brainer to me. I am puzzled at what is under discussion and would love to know !

cjh201170
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by cjh201170 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:06 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Harrier1994 wrote:
harriershane wrote:

I see Brandon Hall has left Hereford. Anyone fancy a return?