So disappointed

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

So disappointed

Post by Murphy » Fri May 06, 2022 7:53 am

I posted this on the Leamington thread yesterday but that’s now been switched to the Match Centre part of the forum. I’ve therefore re-posted it here in the hope more may read it and add their own comments.

Very disappointed, but not at all surprised, that KHFC has not made a single comment or statement condemning the appalling behaviour of a significantly large number of our younger so-called fans during and after the game. Hey ho they’ll be welcomed with open arms on Saturday and next Thursday as dosh on the picket is all that appears to matter to the club.

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Re: So disappointed

Post by North Stand Ultra » Fri May 06, 2022 8:11 am

Incredibly disappointed at the behaviour of some of our ' supporters '.
We were seated towards the away terrace and it looked like half a dozen lads decided it would be a good idea to march down the side of the pitch down to the home terracing, they were followed by what looked like 100 + lemmings. All looked 16 - 21 years old.

What followed was the systematic goading and taunting of the home support, how fighting did not ensue i do not know.
I did not witness the Lewis Montrose exchange but was told he looked very disappointed.

I would guess we took around 400 on Monday so as has been alluded to on the matchday thread this is not a minority is it???

Following on from the issues at the Reading game this is starting to give grounds for concern and unfortunately is now only a matter of time before we end up with a major incident. Do we not send our own stewards to away games who could nip this type of issue in the bud???

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Fri May 06, 2022 8:34 am

Well done Montrose. Pity the club didn’t follow your lead by condemning this loutish behaviour. Has our owner made any public comment about anything since his displeasure at West Ham not giving back some of the cash. We stand a better chance of hearing from Lord Lucan.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Fri May 06, 2022 9:00 am

It would be interesting to learn how stewards are trained for these situations. Are they trained to remain passive so as not to escalate or are they allowed to engage when necessary ? Like others, I am sick of these young hooligans giving KHFC a bad reputation.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Fri May 06, 2022 10:00 am

Let’s not forget these stewards are probably agency staff on low/minimum wage. Now who’s going to look for conflict whilst being outnumbered for £9.50 or whatever min wage is. Even if they get a flat fee per game, I doubt it would be sufficiently high enough to compensate potentially having your head kicked in because you’re outnumbered.

Ultimately, yes it’s a pain that we’ve attracted that element of “support”, and some of it goes past the point of “young and stupid”
He who dares...wins

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Fri May 06, 2022 10:35 am

That’s understandable Shane, but doesn’t excuse the fact that our club hasn’t condemned this shameful behaviour.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri May 06, 2022 11:55 am

Unless Leamington / the match referee / or the league have made a formal complaint / asked the club to respond I'd be surprised if the club commented. Perhaps if you contacted the club and made specific complaints they would? Without actual facts or specifics I am not sure what you wish them to do as they'd be commenting on something someone saw from 50 yards away. Yes, it didn't look good but with the match unsegregated its a) Leamington's security responsibility and b) individual's responsibility to not act like tits. Perhaps a reminder on the need for good supporter conduct prior to the play-off game will be made but I suspect it will fall on deaf ears.

There have been plenty of unsavoury incidents in non-league games this season, including in recent play-off games in leagues below us.

Let's see whether they march down and confront Darlo fans or Kettering/Boston fans in the play-offs.

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Fri May 06, 2022 12:17 pm

Sorry Sheff but ...”something someone saw from 50 yards away..” Come on, everyone on the ground witnessed it and at least Montrose was prepared to face up to them. You need to read the Leamington fan’s post. So the ref, etc., didn’t report the incidents - so that justifies the club’s silence?
“All It needs for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.”
Do you honestly think by not condemning the louts that it will deter them from repeat behaviour?
As Forrest Gump would utter “That’s all I’ve got to say about that.”

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri May 06, 2022 12:35 pm

Very disappointed, but not at all surprised, that KHFC has not made a single comment or statement condemning the appalling behaviour of a significantly large number of our younger so-called fans during and after the game. Hey ho they’ll be welcomed with open arms on Saturday and next Thursday as dosh on the picket is all that appears to matter to the club.
I was told earlier this week that the matter is 'already in hand'. The club and the Police Football liaison Officers ( or whatever they are called these days) have been provided with cellphone footage and are in the process of identifying individuals.
So I guess its watch this space.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri May 06, 2022 1:16 pm

Look, I'm partly playing devil's advocate here and questioning where the line is drawn on what you expect the club to comment on / police / condemn and what value it will have. It didn't look good that's for sure. It was an attempt to be intimidating and just all looked a bit silly. But as far as I am aware it (luckily) didn't result in fighting (at other grounds it would). If there was damage to Leamington's ground I would hope Leamington complain to KHFC and then yes, KHFC appeal for witnesses to sort it out. As I say, KHFC could (and expect they will) issue a reminder about supporter conduct before the play-off game. I just think your anger about it is skewed too much towards KHFC and not enough towards the individuals.
Also, its also worth saying that Leamington might want to reconsider their security/ stewarding.

Just seen Garth's post - this is what I mean - being able to act on actual evidence and identifying people is better than just issuing a vague statement which won't have teeth. So yes, watch this space hopefully.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Fri May 06, 2022 1:29 pm

Whatever the arguments it is best to nip this in the bud now. Recently, a lot of young kids have been enthused to come to KHFC with their parents or grandparents which is probably why gates are about 500 up from the start of the season. It would be wrong for them to be scared off by the threatening behaviour and excessive bad language of these young idiots. I've recently seen a bunch of them threatening away supporters getting off their coach at the South Stand end. For now, I won't be introducing my grandchildren to a football match at Aggborough.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri May 06, 2022 2:19 pm

Whatever the arguments it is best to nip this in the bud now.
The turnstile searches by security and the 3 banning orders for flare throwing seems to be paying dividends?
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Fri May 06, 2022 8:03 pm

koro wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:29 pm
Whatever the arguments it is best to nip this in the bud now. Recently, a lot of young kids have been enthused to come to KHFC with their parents or grandparents which is probably why gates are about 500 up from the start of the season. It would be wrong for them to be scared off by the threatening behaviour and excessive bad language of these young idiots. I've recently seen a bunch of them threatening away supporters getting off their coach at the South Stand end. For now, I won't be introducing my grandchildren to a football match at Aggborough.
This.

Would have thought the club would have made some announcement by pa or programme regarding the chanting long before now.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed May 18, 2022 11:28 am

Pitch invasions and poor behaviour seem to be par for the course nowadays.

Luton players being abused by Huddersfield fans after their play-off semi.

Billy Sharp of Sheff Utd being assaulted by a Forest fan yesterday.

Smoke bombs/flares being used in English football grounds much more regularly.

Football clubs (like KHFC) are paying security firms large sums of money. Are they getting value? How did someone get a firework into the ground against Boston? What's the point of everyone being patted down before entry?

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Wed May 18, 2022 11:56 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:28 am
Pitch invasions and poor behaviour seem to be par for the course nowadays.

Luton players being abused by Huddersfield fans after their play-off semi.

Billy Sharp of Sheff Utd being assaulted by a Forest fan yesterday.

Smoke bombs/flares being used in English football grounds much more regularly.

Football clubs (like KHFC) are paying security firms large sums of money. Are they getting value? How did someone get a firework into the ground against Boston? What's the point of everyone being patted down before entry?
I may be wrong but seems to be more issues nationally now than say 15 years ago and with the increased chance of getting caught with cctv and people having camera phones doesn't seem to put the minority off. Well, there's at least more reporting of issues now anyway than back then as easier to get items out via social media etc.
Thing is, when the government cut policing to such a level, what can you expect?