Booking West Ham tickets this morning...

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Booking West Ham tickets this morning...

Post by garthrockett » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:18 pm

Will the Arms be open and serving at that time?
mate, if the East stand have indeed sold out youd be better off getting in the ground when the gates open and and nabbing your normal seating position!

(The beer can wait until after we win on penalties........ :D )
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

BishBashBosh
Youth team
Youth team

Post by BishBashBosh » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:20 pm

I purchased my previous tickets online also and had the same issue, but, as I learnt there is a big difference between a 'machine' allocating your ticket online and a 'human' face to face. Seriously I would go to the club and 'ask' in person, you may be surprised!

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 pm

BishBashBosh wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:09 pm
harry211 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:56 pm
tonythescout wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:24 pm
After an initial struggle to get onto the side dead on 12noon, ticket was purchased at 12.05. Phew!
Had the box office email confirmation but not the ticket yet, a friend of mine has had the same issue.
Big queue at the ground, which is outside onto the path at Hoo Road. Not sure why people are going when you can do it from the comfort of your pc/phone i pad etc.
Yes gave West Ham too many, should have told them 700 have some seats and half the south stand. if capacity was 9000 we will have sold out by tomorrow, never mind just over 6000.
The numbers don't add up if we have more than 6,000 fans and it's only season ticket holders and Halifax attendees who will be able to get tickets.

You're right though. One of those games that if Aggborough could take 9,000/12,000 or probably close to 15,000 we'd have sold it out. Crazy.

Just queued up at the ground, the reason for going to the ground is that you can actually buy extra tickets! Once they had my account number they just asked 'how many tickets did I want' with no reference to how many I bought for the Halifax game. When asked would there be any tickets going on sales for 'General Release' they said very highly unlikely! I don't think they want tickets going to Non Supporters!
:red_army:
Very disappointing if this is true. Shouldn't be an advantage to going to the ground v doing it online.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:58 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 pm
BishBashBosh wrote:
harry211 wrote:
tonythescout wrote:
After an initial struggle to get onto the side dead on 12noon, ticket was purchased at 12.05. Phew!
Had the box office email confirmation but not the ticket yet, a friend of mine has had the same issue.
Big queue at the ground, which is outside onto the path at Hoo Road. Not sure why people are going when you can do it from the comfort of your pc/phone i pad etc.
Yes gave West Ham too many, should have told them 700 have some seats and half the south stand. if capacity was 9000 we will have sold out by tomorrow, never mind just over 6000.
The numbers don't add up if we have more than 6,000 fans and it's only season ticket holders and Halifax attendees who will be able to get tickets.

You're right though. One of those games that if Aggborough could take 9,000/12,000 or probably close to 15,000 we'd have sold it out. Crazy.

Just queued up at the ground, the reason for going to the ground is that you can actually buy extra tickets! Once they had my account number they just asked 'how many tickets did I want' with no reference to how many I bought for the Halifax game. When asked would there be any tickets going on sales for 'General Release' they said very highly unlikely! I don't think they want tickets going to Non Supporters!
Very disappointing if this is true. Shouldn't be an advantage to going to the ground v doing it online.
Did you buy extra?
Asking "How many tickets?" once they have your account number doesn't necessarily mean you can buy extra.
Needs clarity if you have bought extra or know of people that have.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:21 pm

Depends if true, seen plenty of BS on here this past week and people actually falling for it i.e. switching the game, aggy suite going to west ham etc.

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:41 pm

I had 4 tickets from the Halifax game to get for friends, impossible to get online. An explanation as to how tickets were sold is needed...everyone at the Halifax game should have been guaranteed. Also as a season ticket holder, not happy at only being allowed 1 ticket on Tuesday if multiples were sold today. Another rumour is the FA fined us £36k following the Reading game. Utter shambles.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:46 pm

Its sold out now.

BishBashBosh
Youth team
Youth team

Post by BishBashBosh » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:04 pm

aberred wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:58 pm
Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:41 pm
BishBashBosh wrote:
harry211 wrote:
tonythescout wrote:

Did you buy extra?
Asking "How many tickets?" once they have your account number doesn't necessarily mean you can buy extra.
Needs clarity if you have bought extra or know of people that have.
For the Reading games, yes, I bought extra, but for this game I didn't as a friend had bought tickets a little earlier but I could have quite easily bought extra.

From my understanding, being eligible to buy didn't mean that it was a "one for one", if you needed a few extra you just had to say when they asked. The website operates completely different. I had four gents in front of me who already had their tickets being ST holders but were in fact buying for family who 'fancied' coming along!

Not BS, just the facts from earlier!

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Sold out? There were 3410 Harriers' fans at the Halifax game, including STH so with the West Ham allocation of 1690 that makes 5100. Even allowing for some STH not attending the Halifax game there seems to be a short fall unless the capacity has been capped again to the same level. This is based on all those at the Halifax games purchasing tickets but I presume this wasn't the case.

BishBashBosh
Youth team
Youth team

Post by BishBashBosh » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:18 pm

Jasper wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:14 pm
Sold out? There were 3410 Harriers' fans at the Halifax game, including STH so with the West Ham allocation of 1690 that makes 5100. Even allowing for some STH not attending the Halifax game there seems to be a short fall unless the capacity has been capped again to the same level. This is based on all those at the Halifax games purchasing tickets but I presume this wasn't the case.
looks to be true, just looked on the website and they have removed the option to buy tickets. Like I said, if you queued this morning then you were not limited to 1. I expect a hundred or so may also go as corporate freebies.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:29 pm

Don't forget to take into account the 300 special fans in the Social Club who'll then go and sit in the East stand 2 minutes before kick off. Those tickets will have been allotted before they went on sale.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:42 pm

I am disgusted to hear that people who turned up to the ground were asked How many tickets do you want? As a season ticket holder who lives a long way from Kiddy I was told very firmly I could only buy one ticket. Yet people who happened to rock up and jump on the bandwagon for the Halifax game can get as many as they want. This has finally decided me. I'm not bothering with a Season Ticket next season. There is no advantage in having one now. I would encourage all ST holders to stop supporting this regime that won't give us our old seats back and show total contempt for us in everything they do.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:53 pm

Harry Aire wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:42 pm
I am disgusted to hear that people who turned up to the ground were asked How many tickets do you want? As a season ticket holder who lives a long way from Kiddy I was told very firmly I could only buy one ticket. Yet people who happened to rock up and jump on the bandwagon for the Halifax game can get as many as they want. This has finally decided me. I'm not bothering with a Season Ticket next season. There is no advantage in having one now. I would encourage all ST holders to stop supporting this regime that won't give us our old seats back and show total contempt for us in everything they do.
Oh Harry, c'mon, I know it's disappointing but there's an awful lot to look forward to around the club, yes they may not be giving you the sense of appreciation you desire, but for me, that comes on the pitch - and that's being more than delivered upon. This game will have put enormous pressure on the club, the hierarchy of which will have had no experience of hosting such an event, even the people facing the queues today would have been overwhelmed. One person says they're asked 'how many tickets do you want?' and it's taken as gospel as they're selling 10's of tickets to one person with no evidence of qualification. One person says WH are getting the Aggborough Suite and it's taken as gospel that our fans have been ignored. There has to be balance and pragmatism, the crowds will fall away in due course and I sincerely hope you stick around!

stockley2
Youth team
Youth team

Post by stockley2 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:56 pm

Must admit slightly disappointed with the fairness of this ticket allocation system, i am sure there will be a fair few genuine kiddi fans who haven’t succeeded in purchasing a ticket for this game who thoroughly deserve to be there.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:05 pm

stockley2 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:56 pm
Must admit slightly disappointed with the fairness of this ticket allocation system, i am sure there will be a fair few genuine kiddi fans who haven’t succeeded in purchasing a ticket for this game who thoroughly deserve to be there.
How would you have done it?
We’ve had approximately 3500 tickets to shift amid stupidly high demand. We’ve been hamstrung by the away allocation but I don’t know what else could be done given the layout of the South Stand.