West Ham game moved from Home to Away!

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: West Ham game moved from Home to Away!

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:08 am

Originally I was all for a big away tie, but since experiencing the atmosphere on Saturday and drawing WH I now think it would be a great shame if we couldn't host it.

Part of the 'magic of the Cup' is about elite players playing at non league grounds, playing a couple of meters away from fans who usually only see these players on TV; we've got a brilliant set up at Aggborough and it would be a real shame if we couldn't make memories to last a lifetime at our own ground whilst hopefully gaining a few more regular supporters in the process.

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:12 am

GloucesterHarrier wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:08 am
Originally I was all for a big away tie, but since experiencing the atmosphere on Saturday and drawing WH I now think it would be a great shame if we couldn't host it.

Part of the 'magic of the Cup' is about elite players playing at non league grounds, playing a couple of meters away from fans who usually only see these players on TV; we've got a brilliant set up at Aggborough and it would be a real shame if we couldn't make memories to last a lifetime at our own ground whilst hopefully gaining a few more regular supporters in the process.
:like:
Sam

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:20 am

The draw is for the game to be played at Aggborough and that is how it should be. Using the excuse of smoke bombs being thrown onto the pitch or pitch invasions to switch the game to West Ham is poor. Our Club should ensure it has proper stewarding and police presence to ensure crowd and player safety. What we have witnessed in that regard recently is frankly very poor and falls well below the standard this full time professional club should be achieving.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:27 am

The smoke bombs would not have happened if fans were searched properly beforehand.

I did the journey in a day so had my bag with me. Expected to get it searched (as normal at most events in London) or even told I couldn't take it in. The latter would have been OTT but I'd expected security to be tight.

Instead I was just able to walk in. Nobody questioned me or was even there to question me.

There should be proper searches before fans go into the ground against West Ham. I understand the argument for having it away - but the romantic inside me would like it at Aggborough for the experience, likely under the lights. How special will that be? But it needs to be combined with competent, not even good, security. Queues to be searched or patted down before we go in are a basic for this game, sorry.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:28 am

I would hate to have to watch us play in a partially full 'London Stadium'. Playing in athletics stadiums should be banned. I don't even like watching the matches on TV. Looking at the seating chart, if you are in the upper seats, you may be c. 200m away from the far goal.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:36 am

Bet the opening poster never imagined getting this many bites. I imagine he also heard down the pub that Bo Henriksen is coming back on a pay as you play basis.
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:48 am

Well we should know details pretty soon as they announced the 3rd round TV games on the Thursday after the draw so presumably will be similar for this round especially as there are no replays to worry about.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:05 pm

I hope this doesn't happen - I won't be going to their sterile stadium to be stuck in a windy top tier, miles from the pitch, in the corner of the stand.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Is it April 1st?

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:10 pm

HarriersFan94 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:40 pm
Just thought I’d let the true fans of the club know what I heard today from a source inside the club. The club are in talks with the FA to try and get the game moved to an away game rather than at home, reason been “crowd trouble” at the Reading game! Or would it be them trying for more money and a lesser chance of winning!!
this has got to be a load of BS. Only thing club would consider moving it to West Ham is for a bigger gate which would mean more money.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:35 pm

tonythescout wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:10 pm
HarriersFan94 wrote:
Just thought I’d let the true fans of the club know what I heard today from a source inside the club. The club are in talks with the FA to try and get the game moved to an away game rather than at home, reason been “crowd trouble” at the Reading game! Or would it be them trying for more money and a lesser chance of winning!!
this has got to be a load of BS. Only thing club would consider moving it to West Ham is for a bigger gate which would mean more money.
A windup post from someone who joined the forum the day after mac got banned......
Hmmmmmmmm

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:07 pm

To be fair, I'm sure I can't have been the only one who heard this as a rumour before the thread was started. It's not as if it's something completely left field. As I understand it, it didn't get very far...
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:12 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:35 pm
tonythescout wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:10 pm
HarriersFan94 wrote:
A windup post from someone who joined the forum the day after mac got banned......
Hmmmmmmmm
Not the same person. Sorry

Justin Tomlinson
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Justin Tomlinson » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:19 pm

The FA are very strict on preventing big clubs donating their share of cup proceeds (they need the big clubs to take it seriously), with a blind eye only in exceptional circumstances (Scarborough v Chelsea, when they were on the brink of bankruptcy).

There is no way they would allow the fixture to be reversed. Had there been major issues with Harriers, a slight chance it could have switched to a nearby, bigger ground. (Accrington once played a big FA Cup match at Ewood Park (Blackburn)).

For Harriers, the TV money will be a boost, plus extra sponsorship and if they are smart incentives to secure a ticket. From memory last time we played West Ham, if you had the 2 previous home tickets you got priority. Those gates jumped by 2-3k, at £10ish a time.

Now a nice win, then away to Man Utd etc…

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:41 pm

I hope they don't give priority to people that have attended the previous two games. We'll miss the Gloucester game because it's my grand daughters birthday and we HAVE to attend or else.

Just have to hope Gloucester get Covid.