As mentioned on another thread

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

As mentioned on another thread

Post by Phil » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:42 pm

Cal's Spongebag wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:21 pm
I remember him stating that there were other investors lined up.

Didn't someone....Garth or Sheff? provide a synopsis?

https://harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11522&p=161972&hilit=fans+forum#p161972

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by garthrockett » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:53 pm

Didn't someone....Garth or Sheff? provide a synopsis?

There ya go Cal. I finally found it........

garthrockett wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:19 pm
Rather bizarre all round......

Three bouncers present on the doors, possibly courtesy of Mr Male's company?

Richard Lane -resplendent in pink shirt- took the MC role , although enough people had no idea who he was, and it prompted a "hands up all those who recognise me?"
Cue the dreaded powerpoint presentation that was illegible to all but those sat 5 foot away, the jist being we are all in this together and supporters and club need to focus on progression etc etc. (the usual stuff....)
Salient points:
No board apart from two ( Lane and Male) at the moment. Two more (hopefully putting bunce in too) being brought in as part of 'the consortium.'
Male also took the mic and pointed out Lane had put in a million since March last year and we should applaud the fact.
We applauded.
Phil made a point about the the club not chasing up payment of advertising boards, the point of which the duo seem to miss.
Flash is not involved in any way, apart as an agent.
Not moving from Aggborough, although the boiler has broke down- among other issues.
A plea for any and all tradesmen's (free?) assistance accompanied the comment.
Part time versus full time; some PT clubs have a huge budget in excess of FT clubs. So no point, some PT players wont go FT for less money.
All footballing matters left to Penn and Shan- budgets about average for this league (600K) though Kings Lynn and York up near 900K.
Transfer embargo on the club for 6 weeks before crimble- all sorted now hence the signings. No other details given.
Club is however solvent and at break even at the moment, (as is the academy) one or two issues with suppliers still to be sorted.
BMet given notice and a link with Worcester University is being brokered; 230 students in place at the moment and of the 27 National League club academies ours is one of the most prolific.
Plans in place to screw compensation from any 'Big club' who pinches our student players.
Emphasised NO money profits generated by the education side will be removed but will be reinvested but in the club.
KHIST- basically club wants to involve anyone who can bung some cash in. Meetings pending.
Why "interim" CEO?; Male said he is committed to 2 years but doesnt want to be sucked in and his own business suffer as a result, so will review at that time.

10 minute break

Shan's turn.
A whirlwind performance although, again a dreaded presentation with pluses and minuses.
On appointment he'd sneaked incognito into the crowd for the Alty game and come away nonplussed by the 'negativity' of the home crowd. He then proceeded to give us all a rather unsubtle bollocking regarding said negativity towards 'some players', he then specifically named Johnson....
Bold statements rattled off like machine gun bullets;
he doesnt play to a system, thats all old hat,
the 3 at the back are playing to strengths, we exploit the space available......
the lone striker isnt , there are three.
there are 4-5 players in this squad who will play definitely league football including Johnson, who , according to a L1 scout, 'has got what it takes'......
back to negativity, the away support is so much better.....
(By this time it was like sitting in class getting ripped for not handing in your holiday project....)

We were shown a detailed powerpoint schematic of what the players have to do day-to-day during the week (still couldnt read it properly, but I think they had double Maths on a Tuesday afternoon....)
Were told the team are monitored by GPS and against Blyth were should have won 'as the team ran 112K' (no, me neither.....)
Another two schematics showed dots which moved around a pitch plan accompanied by some long-range footage of the squad in a training match....
"I'll just rush though this quickly...."
I think he sussed from the blank faces he'd lost us a bit by then.....
oh, dont forget, NO team in the Championship down does this training regime (we have the great Keith Downing coming in for free, and a sports psychologist to hold their hands too)
Samuels was mentioned, to which Shan commented we cant afford the usual proven striker so he's the next best thing.
Negativity (again) ths time on social media; no ones seen him play yet so stop it....we'd tried to get a forward from Leamington but missed out.
by the way McNulty at York is on 85K a year so think ourselves lucky......

By this time I a bit shell shocked by all the data he'd thrown at us. He's certainly a character.

I wasnt sure whether we'd experienced the coming of the new Messiah or a motivational seminar by an Ian Holloway wanabee .
I guess time will tell.....The table on 1 May 2020 will probably tell us more???

Penn fielded a few questions.
He does all the set piece training so blame him.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022