League news/Former Harriers 1

I've put all the more interesting old threads in here so they can still be seen following the board overhaul in October 2008. It'll be read only.

Moderator: Phil

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by Medieval » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:32 am

It`s good to know these things are under consideration with some basis of a plan.

But the FA stipulating all leagues, from National down the pyramid (not sure how far down) to start at the same time doesn`t seem necessary or helpful. The Northern league saying they will not start with reduced ground capacity could be a block, don`t know how thing`s would then proceed.

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Jamie Grimes released by Ebbsfleet

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:03 pm

Akil Wright another one. Just released by Wrexham.

From the East Midlands area. 24 year old centre midfielder. Ilkeston, Fleetwood (without breaking into the first team), loan spells at Fylde & Barrow, before three seasons at Wrexham on his record.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:18 pm

AFC Telford United have signed striker Jason Oswell.

The announcement comes just after the former Stockport County star was confirmed as one of 11 players leaving Wrexham this close-season.

Oswell signs for Telford on a two-year deal and his new manager Gavin Cowan told the club’s website: “I’ve been trying to get Jason into the club since his Newtown days and I’m happy to say we have finally got our man.

“He is a proven striker at this level and one who I know can live up to the expectations of our club.”
Forward Lewis Reilly is set to join Chorley from Crewe Alexandra on August 1st after signing a pre-contract agreement at Victory Park.

The 20-year-old Liverpudlian is no stranger to the National League North, having enjoyed loan spells with both Curzon Ashton and AFC Telford United over the last two seasons.

He said: “I’m absolutely made up to have agreed to join Chorley ahead of the new season. The gaffer sold the club to me and it wasn’t a difficult decision after that.

“My target from day one will be to score as many goals as I can and help the club compete for promotion.”

Read more: https://www.chorleyfc.com/2020/06/30/reilly-ready/
Chester have brought Jon Worsnop back to the club as a goalkeeper coach.

Worsnop arrives in time for the play-offs as a goalkeeper coach and has also registered as a player, subject to National League ratification.

The 37-year-old returns for a second spell since the club’s 2010 reformation. Worsnop spent more than two seasons with the club, initially arriving back in 2014 from Alfreton Town.

Worsnop also made one appearance for Chester City back in 2002.

Joint-manager Anthony Johnson told the club’s website: “Myself and Bern are really pleased to announce the return of a former fans’ favourite as a player/coach.”

Read more: http://www.chesterfc.com/2020/06/30/breaking-jon-worsnop-returns-to-chester-fc-as-goalkeeper-coach/
Goalkeeper Lewis Dutton has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Chorley.

The 19-year-old will join the Magpies from Cymru Premier side The New Saints for the 2020/21 season.

The Welsh youth international told Chorley’s website:

“I’m really happy to have signed for an ambitious club like Chorley, a club that has set their sights on promotion. I’m looking forward to the next chapter of my career and continuing my development as a footballer.”

Read more: https://www.chorleyfc.com/2020/06/30/wales-international-dutton-signs/
Andy Halls has signed a pre-contract agreement with Chorley.

Halls is to join from fellow National League North outfit Curzon Ashton ahead of the new campaign.

The 28-year-old versatile defender played over 30 times for the Nash during the curtailed 2019/20 season, where he passed the 400 career game landmark.

He told Chorley’s website: “I’m really happy to have joined Chorley and can’t wait for the new season to get going.

“I’m good friends with Scott Leather, who’s told me how good the club is to be a part of, and once I’d talked to the manager, it was an easy decision to make.”

Read more: https://www.chorleyfc.com/2020/06/29/halls-switches-from-curzon-ashton/
Spennymoor Town have bolstered their midfield with the capture of former Guiseley and Huddersfield Town player Jamie Spencer.

The 22-year-old describes himself as a box-to-box number eight who likes to score goals, and he becomes a strong option in central midfield for Jason Ainsley, alongside Robert Ramshaw, Jamie Chandler and new man Jason Kennedy. He becomes The Moors’ sixth summer signing, following Kennedy, Adam Blakeman, Tyler Forbes, Dale Eve and Stephen Thompson to the County Durham club.

Manager Ainsley said: “Jamie is a player we have had our eye on over the last few years, ever since he left Huddersfield.

“He became a leader at an early age and captained Guiseley several times last season. He is a real competitor with high energy and composure on the ball. He is also very capable of scoring goals.”

Read more: https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/2020/06/27/fancied-midfielder-becomes-moors-sixth-signing/
Leamington have completed their first piece of business in preparation for the 2020/2021 campaign by snapping up Kyle Morrison from Alvechurch.

The 24-year-old Birmingham-based defender has spent the last two seasons with the Worcestershire club in the Southern League Premier Division, his second spell there after beginning his career at Lye Meadow as a 16-year-old.

Manager Paul Holleran was pleased to have snared another bright young talent from the Church after signing Josh March last summer. He said: “I am delighted to get Kyle on board. He has spent the last few seasons at Step 3 and is a very reliable, robust player.

“He is still young but has played well over 200 games at that level. He reminds me a lot of James Mace when he first came to the football club.”

Read more: https://www.leamingtonfc.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/11-news2/1480-first-new-signing-of-the-summer-arrives?Itemid=355
Spennymoor Town have converted another of last season’s successful loans into a permanent signing.

Midfielder Jason Kennedy has joined the club after spending the closing stages of last season in the Moors side on loan from Hartlepool United.

The 33-year-old will be one of the Moors’ most experienced players, boasting more than 300 Football League appearances on his CV.

Manager Jason Ainsley was quick to highlight the mental side of Kennedy’s game and his influence on the team.

He said: “After spending the latter part of the season on loan with us, we are delighted to land Jason permanently. He is a brilliant lad who puts everything into training and his preparation is second to none.”

Read more: https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/2020/06/24/jk-joins-moors-midfield/

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:42 pm

And on free agents day, we announced that we have entered the newest social media fad! Good god
He who dares...wins

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:22 pm

TWG85 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Keepers

Matt Gould (Been Spennymoor's #1 last few seasons with no renewal this time. Had three seasons at Stourbridge in the ones prior, as well as spells at Cheltenham & Bishop's Cleeve)
I'm sure Matt Gould left Stourbridge for Spennymoor as he was moving to that area. I would imagine he is more likely to sign for another northern club.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:22 pm
TWG85 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Keepers

Matt Gould (Been Spennymoor's #1 last few seasons with no renewal this time. Had three seasons at Stourbridge in the ones prior, as well as spells at Cheltenham & Bishop's Cleeve)
I'm sure Matt Gould left Stourbridge for Spennymoor as he was moving to that area. I would imagine he is more likely to sign for another northern club.
You're likely right. It'd be helluva trek on a weekly basis after all.

I've no idea where any of these folks live now, in truth. Just put together a list of initially locally based players potentially available, for a bit of fun & speculation.

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by jamestheimpaler » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:41 am

Ash Carter signs for Halesowen

https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/player-news

Josh Ezewele signs for Bromsgrove

https://bromsgrovesporting.co.uk/new-addition-exciting-ezewele-snapped-up-from-stourbridge

Jono Brown signs for Alvechurch
https://twitter.com/Alvechurch1st/status/1279405254333870086

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Telford return for training.
Are they allowed to? Will they have to test weekly like the premiership players?

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/2020/07/05/afc-telford-united-are-up-and-running-for-202021-at-lilleshall-national-sports-centre/

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:29 pm

The latest guidance from the FA....

.football training or fitness activities in groups of no more than six, keeping two metres apart at all times.
It is permissible for coaches to organise a training session that has two or more groups of six (including the coach) involved in the session, as long as the groups of six are kept separate, everyone is socially distancing and strict hygiene measures are in place with any equipment.

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:02 pm

Chester manager said on the Non-League Show this week that Elton Ngwatala has left the club and “gone back to France” and therefore won’t be taking part in the play-offs.
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

jim mankey
1st team
1st team

Post by jim mankey » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:07 pm

my son in law's taking my grandsons footy team training along the same lines, he's ten (the grandson) so i'd hope our lads are keeping their selves in trim.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:08 am

Morgan wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:02 pm
Chester manager said on the Non-League Show this week that Elton Ngwatala has left the club and “gone back to France” and therefore won’t be taking part in the play-offs.
Left on June 23rd.

From Deva Chat 2:
Right winger Elton Ngwatala departed Chester FC today to return to his native France. Elton did show some flashes of his potential against King’s Lynn Town and put on an impressive performance against a strong Tranmere Rovers side, but on the whole he was very disappointing as he failed to live up to expectations.
He was bound to be released by us anyway and wouldn’t be too much use in the play-offs, so hopefully he will find some form back in his homeland.

Elton won’t be a big miss at all, although it is a shame that things didn’t click here as he did have a very good spell at Kidderminster Harriers. I suppose certain players don’t work out well at certain clubs, and this is just one of those examples, so we move on! Good luck for the rest of your career Elton!

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:23 pm

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:37 am

Is Dean the one who kicked the ball straight into touch 9 times out of 10 ?