League news/Former Harriers 1

I've put all the more interesting old threads in here so they can still be seen following the board overhaul in October 2008. It'll be read only.

Moderator: Phil

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by TWG85 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Put some money in the copper jar...

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:47 am

No need , Brandon will be back IMHO.......
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Reasonabull

Post by Reasonabull » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:16 am

Think he prefers playing in front of a bigger crowd!!

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:16 pm

I'd prefer Mannion of the two (although it may well not be either of them).

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:31 am

Danny Wright signed for Torquay.

https://twitter.com/Dwrighty9/status/1286965336718348288

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Blissett signs for Maidenhead

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:10 pm

Alfreton Town have brought Dan Bradley to the Impact Arena.

The midfielder, who played for the Reds for four seasons from the 2011/12 campaign, re-joins following spells at AFC Fylde and Kidderminster Harriers.

Bradley scored 18 league goals as Fylde claimed the National League North title in the 2016/17 campaign.

Manager Billy Heath said: “It is such a great signing for us to get Dan back at the Impact Arena. I tried to sign him before when I was at Halifax.

“He is an experienced player and will be a big part of the squad. Dan is a top, top player at National League level and we are hoping for big things.

“The main thing for us was that he wanted to come back and he returns to us for all the right reasons.”
Nuneaton Borough have announced the return to the club of Carl Baker.

The 37-year-old midfielder, who played four seasons in the Championship for Coventry City and Milton Keynes Dons, initially joined Boro’ in August 2018.

With the turmoil surrounding the club, Baker reluctantly departed a few months later.

The ex-Southport star now returns following a spell at Brackley Town.
Alfreton Town have announced the signing of central defender Dwayne Wiley.

The 29-year-old joins Billy Heath’s National League North side after a recent stint at Matlock Town.

Heath told the club website: “Every time we have played against Matlock, whether it was pre-season or in the Derbyshire Senior Cup, Dwayne always stood out in the games.

“He always did well against us and I was close to bringing him in last season; he has been on my radar for a while.”

Read more: https://www.alfretontownfootballclub.com/news/reds-make-dwayne-wiley-second-summer-signing-2553661.html
Kettering Town have announced seven new signings for next season.

Paul Cox has secured the services of Shaun Rowley, Lorne Bickley, Ryan Fryatt, Adam Collin, Ryan Holland, Dan Holman and Josh Oyinsan.

Goalkeeper Rowley was recently with Solihull Moors, having been with the likes of Shrewsbury Town. Young forward Bickley signed a short-term contract with Hartlepool United just prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Experienced defender Fryatt joins after leaving King’s Lynn Town.

Goalkeeper Collin has notably played for the likes of Carlisle United, Rotherham United and Notts County. Defender Holland had a spell at Grantham Town, as well as playing for Feather River College in California.

Forward Holman returns to the Poppies from Brackley Town. He was part of Kettering’s promotion side of 2018/19. Fellow attacking player Oyinsan has represented the likes of Braintree Town, St Albans City, Welling United and Cambridge City.
Junior English is the latest member of Paul Holleran’s Leamington squad to agree terms for the new season.

The vastly experienced campaigner has played his entire career at Step 2, and will be starting his fourth season at Leamington, having joined from Worcester City on their return to the National League North in 2017.

Manager Holleran told the club’s website: “Obviously we’re delighted to get Junior back for the forthcoming campaign. He has come back to training as fit as ever and raring to go, and sets a great example to the younger lads in the squad.”

Read more: https://www.leamingtonfc.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/11-news2/1491-english-is-back-board?Itemid=355
Guiseley captain Hamza Bencherif has signed a new contract with the club.

The French-born central defender has played for the likes of Macclesfield Town, Notts County and Lincoln City during his time in England, having joined Nottingham Forest as a teenager.

He was joint-winner of the Supporters’ Player of the Year award with Kaine Felix at Guiseley this past season, and after agreeing his new deal, he told the club’s website of his first year at Guiseley: “I enjoyed every minute of it. I discovered a convivial club with great supporters, and an amazing young squad full of talent that I have been privileged to see grow during the season, even though I have a feeling of unfinished business, as I truly believe with our energy we could have made a late run for a play-off spot.”

Read more: https://guiseleyafc.co.uk/bencherif-signs-new-deal/

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:47 pm

Dan Sweeney signed for Redditch.
https://twitter.com/dan_sweenz/status/1288587038401466368

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:33 pm

Guiseley have announced the signing of Andy Kellett.

The 26-year-old, who notably went on loan to Manchester United from Bolton Wanderers, signs for Guiseley after a stint at Alfreton Town last season.

The ex-Wigan Athletic, Chesterfield and Notts County man featured in detail on this site earlier this year.

He told Guiseley’s website: “I met up with Russ O’Neill and got a really good vibe from him about the way he wanted me to play and the system they are going to play. It is important for me to play and have the ambition to get back into the Football League.

“I needed to find the right club for me and I am looking forward to doing well both personally and as a club.”

Read more: https://guiseleyafc.co.uk/kellett-joins-the-lions/
Alfreton Town have signed striker Elliott Reeves.

Reeves was at Isthmian Premier Division side Margate in the 2019/20 campaign, making 36 appearances for the Gate and scoring 13 goals in all competitions as they finished the cut-short season in 12th place.

Alfreton manager Billy Heath said: “Elliott is a really exciting prospect. He scored a good amount of goals for Margate last season and we have stolen the march on a few clubs to sign him.”

Read more: https://www.alfretontownfootballclub.com/news/reds-add-forward-elliott-reeves-2553969.html

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:04 am

Joe Ironside gone to Cambridge.
https://twitter.com/CambridgeUtdFC/status/1289463449983111168

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:41 am

Good luck to Joe; 36 games and 7 goals for Macc. but most (6?) were penalties.
At least he'll get paid regularly.........
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:47 pm

Top bloke, always gave his all and a great team player. All the very best Joe and will follow your fortunes with interest.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:43 pm

https://twitter.com/Official_Darlo/status/1289531396059324416

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 am

Congratulations to Simon Weaver (2004-2005) and his Harrogate Town side in getting promoted to the EFL.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:21 am

Jasper wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 am
Congratulations to Simon Weaver (2004-2005) and his Harrogate Town side in getting promoted to the EFL.
And ex Harrier Lloyd Kerry (2010???) who played well in centre of midfield.