League news/Former Harriers 1

I've put all the more interesting old threads in here so they can still be seen following the board overhaul in October 2008. It'll be read only.

Moderator: Phil

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: League news/Former Harriers

Post by TWG85 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:14 pm

Blyth Spartans have announced a further six players who will be leaving the club.

With Scott Fenwick, Lewis Horner, Michael Sweet and Jordan Summerly having already departed, it has been confirmed that Anthony Callaghan, Tom Devitt, Lewis Hawkins, Jack Hunter, Damen Mullen and Ben Harmison will also not be extending their deals.

Adam Wrightson has been offered a new contract, while the club have exercised an option in Olly Scott’s contract and are finalising the details.

Read more: http://www.blythspartans.com/news-blyth-spartans-retained-list-2020/
Gateshead have signed Jack Hunter on a one-year deal.

The defensive midfielder spent last season with neighbours Blyth Spartans, playing against the Heed both at the International Stadium and Croft Park.

The 22-year-old has appeared in Gateshead colours previously, playing alongside a number of the current squad during the 2018/19 season, making 36 National League appearances.

Speaking to gateshead-fc.com on his return to Tyneside, Hunter said he feels the club shares his ambition.

“From having conversations with Mike and Busted [Ian Watson], the club wants to go places and that’s the same as me.”

Read more: https://www.gateshead-fc.com/news/midfielder-hunter-completes-heed-return-2544797.html
Alfreton Town have announced their retained list.

To depart from Billy Heath’s squad ahead of next season are Dale Witham, David Lynch, Shane Killock, Ryan Qualter, Daniel East and Nyle Blake.

Bobby Johnson, Josh Wilde, Ben Tomlinson, Andy Kellett and Michael Frieter have been offered terms, while the following have agreed new contracts already:

Danny Clarke
Dominic Smith
Josh Clackstone
Teddy Unwin Marris
Kieron Hinchley
Harvey Grice
Morgan Brough
Guiseley have announced their retained list following the end of their 2019/20 campaign.

After a season that ultimately saw Russ O’Neill and Marcus Bignot’s side finish 9th (following the points-per-game method being applied) in the National League North, the following players have been made offers of new deals: Kennedy Digie, Jamie Spencer, Kaine Felix, Andrai Jones, Hamza Bencherif, Prince Ekpolo, Gabriel Johnson, George Cantrill, Reiss McNally, Aram Soleman, Brad Nicholson, Declan Lambton and Will Thornton.

The club have taken up the option to extend Nathan Newall’s contract by a further year, while Jed Zanos, Scott Smith, Aleks Starcenko, Dylan Barkers and Tabish Hussain have not been offered new deals but have been invited back for pre-season training.

Goalkeeper Lloyd Allinson is to leave the club.
Attacking full-back Tyler Forbes has re-joined Spennymoor Town on a permanent basis following a loan spell last season.

The former Fleetwood and Brighton and Hove Albion man made eight league appearances for The Moors last season, scoring three sensational goals and registering two assists.

The club say he chose to re-join Spennymoor ‘based on the strength of the project ongoing at the club and his affinity to boss Jason Ainsley.’

He said: “I’m looking forward to putting a Spennymoor shirt on again; I loved the time I spent here, even though it was cut short due to the unfortunate circumstances we find ourselves in.

“I have got unfinished business here and I’m delighted to be signing. I can’t wait to hit the ground running.”

Read more: https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/2020/06/20/forbes-makes-moors-return/

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:14 am

Alex Palmer has been offered a new contract at WBA after helping Plymouth get promoted from League Two - he got more clean sheets than any other keeper in that division last season.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/june/albion-announce-retained-list/
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Cause I'm sad I decided to put together a list of locally based players, who I believe to be out of contract over the summer, who could be potential signings:

Keepers

Matt Gould (Been Spennymoor's #1 last few seasons with no renewal this time. Had three seasons at Stourbridge in the ones prior, as well as spells at Cheltenham & Bishop's Cleeve)

Centre-Backs

Gareth Dean (Brackley captain. Began at Nuneaton before moving onto Solihull & then of course Brackley)

Theo Vassell (23 year old. Came through the Stoke academy. Eventually played some football in the National League with Chester & Gateshead, before moving onto Port Vale & Macclesfield. Was set to sign for Southend towards the end of last season, but didn't go through due to a transfer embargo. Also has a connection with Hemmings & Moyo, though may be a little above Harriers level)

Richie Sutton (34 year old released by Morecambe. Came through the Crewe academy. Played some football with Stafford before settling down between League Two & National League, with the likes of Port Vale, Mansfield, Tranmere, Barrow & eventually Morecambe.

Left Backs

Daniel Jones (34 year old released by Cambridge. Came through the Wolves academy. In recent years been plying his trade between League Two & League One with the likes of Port Vale, Chesterfield, Notts County & of course Cambridge)

Jamie Reckford (Solihull left-back. Wolves academy)

Centre Midfielders

Ellis Deeney (Telford captain & destroyer in the middle of the park. Still to accept new contract)

Jake Moult (Longtime Altrincham captain who keeps things ticking over with no news on contracts)

James Armson (Brackley midfielder who took the same route as Gareth Dean. Bags of goals at this level)

Strikers

Alex Reid (24 year old released by Stevenage. Walsall academy. Bags of goals at Rushall, but within the Football League & National League hasn't really found his feet with Fleetwood, Wrexham, Solihull or Stevenage. Big lad 6'3.)

Jamile Matt (speaks for itself)
Last edited by TWG85 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Believe Danny Lewis signed a new contract a number of weeks ago
He who dares...wins

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:19 pm

harriershane wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:00 pm
Believe Danny Lewis signed a new contract a number of weeks ago
You're right. Missed this. Brackley website is pants & nothing on nonleaguedaily. Cheers Shane.

https://twitter.com/BrackleyTownFC/status/1266712551787827200

Lawleyman
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Lawleyman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:56 pm

"Aaron Williams (Walsall academy. Plenty of goals at this level with Rushall, Nuneaton & Brackley, whilst struggled at higher ones. However not the best return with Telford last year. No new contract as of yet)"

Aaron has another year left on his contract. Question for Telford fans is what is happening with Dinanga especially now what Kiddy have signed his strike partner Amari who between them must have scored nearly 40 goals season before last?

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by jamestheimpaler » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:48 pm

TWG85 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 pm
Cause I'm sad I decided to put together a list of locally based players, who I believe to be out of contract over the summer, who could be potential signings:

Keepers

Matt Gould (Been Spennymoor's #1 last few seasons with no renewal this time. Had three seasons at Stourbridge in the ones prior, as well as spells at Cheltenham & Bishop's Cleeve)

Centre-Backs

Gareth Dean (Brackley captain. Began at Nuneaton before moving onto Solihull & then of course Brackley)

Theo Vassell (23 year old. Came through the Stoke academy. Eventually played some football in the National League with Chester & Gateshead, before moving onto Port Vale & Macclesfield. Was set to sign for Southend towards the end of last season, but didn't go through due to a transfer embargo. Also has a connection with Hemmings & Moyo, though may be a little above Harriers level)

Richie Sutton (34 year old released by Morecambe. Came through the Crewe academy. Played some football with Stafford before settling down between League Two & National League, with the likes of Port Vale, Mansfield, Tranmere, Barrow & eventually Morecambe.

Left Backs

Daniel Jones (34 year old released by Cambridge. Came through the Wolves academy. In recent years been plying his trade between League Two & League One with the likes of Port Vale, Chesterfield, Notts County & of course Cambridge)

Jamie Reckford (Solihull left-back. Wolves academy)

Centre Midfielders

Ellis Deeney (Telford captain & destroyer in the middle of the park. Still to accept new contract)

Jake Moult (Longtime Altrincham captain who keeps things ticking over with no news on contracts)

James Armson (Brackley midfielder who took the same route as Gareth Dean. Bags of goals at this level)

Strikers

Alex Reid (24 year old released by Stevenage. Walsall academy. Bags of goals at Rushall, but within the Football League & National League hasn't really found his feet with Fleetwood, Wrexham, Solihull or Stevenage. Big lad 6'3.)

Jamile Matt (speaks for itself)

Aaron Williams (Walsall academy. Plenty of goals at this level with Rushall, Nuneaton & Brackley, whilst struggled at higher ones. However not the best return with Telford last year. No new contract as of yet)
Yeah it's highly unlikely those at clubs currently in playoff spots will be releasing any info on contracts. There's still many a question regarding the playoffs and contracts still to be resolved.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:08 am

Lawleyman wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:56 pm
"Aaron Williams (Walsall academy. Plenty of goals at this level with Rushall, Nuneaton & Brackley, whilst struggled at higher ones. However not the best return with Telford last year. No new contract as of yet)"

Aaron has another year left on his contract. Question for Telford fans is what is happening with Dinanga especially now what Kiddy have signed his strike partner Amari who between them must have scored nearly 40 goals season before last?
You're right! Another one I ballsed up on. Shouldn't have bothered with the entire thing.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:12 pm

Luke Varney may be another.

37 year old striker released by Cheltenham a few days ago. Plyed his trade in The Championship for many years with the likes of Crewe, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby & Leeds, before a recent two year spell with Cheltenham in League Two. May be able to squeeze a productive year out of him at this level, providing he's not going to retire.

Luke Shields (Boston captain) with no news on his future & Dan Cowan (ex Stockport) are others.
Last edited by TWG85 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:12 pm

TWG85 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:12 pm

37 year old striker released by Cheltenham a few days ago. Plyed his trade in The Championship for many years with the likes of Crewe, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby & Leeds, before a recent two year spell with Cheltenham in League Two. May be able to squeeze a productive year out of him at this level, providing he's not going to retire.

Luke Shields (Boston captain) with no news on his future, Dan Cowan (ex Stockport) & George Carline (ex Solihull) are others.
Varney “doing a Guinan” could work well. Sorry to P on your parade, again. Carline signed for Gloucester a few weeks back
He who dares...wins

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:22 pm

harriershane wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:12 pm
TWG85 wrote:

Luke Shields (Boston captain) with no news on his future, Dan Cowan (ex Stockport) & George Carline (ex Solihull) are others.
Varney “doing a Guinan” could work well. Sorry to P on your parade, again. Carline signed for Gloucester a few weeks back
Oh my God! You would think I'd be more diligent doing something like this. :oops2:

Last I add, anyway.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 pm

TWG85 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:22 pm
harriershane wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:12 pm
TWG85 wrote:

Oh my God! You would think I'd be more diligent doing something like this. :oops2:

Last I add, anyway.
It’s easy to lose track. Please keep adding, we all need something to talk about on here 😂
He who dares...wins

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:07 am

Ollie Shenton has signed for Chorley

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Harrier1994 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:07 am
Ollie Shenton has signed for Chorley
I wanted to come to a club that would offer regular football and had ambitions to push on and challenge for promotion, and Chorley are definitely in that category.
https://www.chorleyfc.com/2020/06/28/shenton-joins-the-ranks/

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:37 pm

He who dares...wins