Away fans tickets......

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Away fans tickets......

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:20 pm

You are free to exercise your right not to go.
Reciprocal prices seem rather spiteful. Different clubs have different costs to cover. Our stadium is superior to yours. Security costs are higher, maintenance is higher and yes, we are full time and the playing budget is higher. Parking is just not comparable. I always look for free parking wherever I go. If you're not willing to buy online then again that's your choice. At least you are clear on the cost difference. Personally I think three quid is a bit steep. I dare say some Harriers fans were shocked at what we have paid over the years at various away grounds. I don't think the issue can solely be laid at the door of KHFC. Crowds increased last season so from the board's point of view, they must be satisfied. Saying all that, yes it's not cheap. I am sad that non league football prices some out.

If the chairman said "ok we will drop prices but Russ has to have one less player in the squad" what might we say?

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:22 pm

Harry makes a good point about the upkeep of the stadium. Some parts are shabby.

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:33 pm

aberred wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:19 pm
£22 is only if you're sitting and have bought from the ticket-office, in person, on the day of the game. That's an exceptional circumstance.
We will see how exceptional it is on Saturday, not sure taking away choice is a good thing and even without the surcharge £19 is still top dollar for watching football at this level.IMO

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:44 pm

Whatever happens I wish you all well it's not personal it's simply not fair. Twenty is plenty in the league in NLN £17 is plenty.
To the gentleman who said reciprocal pricing is spiteful? No you'd be paying what you charge us? How on earth is paying the same price you charge others spiteful?
You reap what you sow.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:54 pm

Because, as explained, different clubs have different costs to meet. Presumably your club set your admission prices based on a number of factors. One of those might be based on trying to get more through the gate and covering matchday costs. If one of those factors is going to suddenly become "how much did that club charge our fans" then that's up to your club but, for me, it would be spiteful and a little petty. I am also pretty sure if you increased the prices then the home fans would also have to pay the same. Would that please Brakes fans?
I am not sure fairness is one of the factors considered by many clubs. Some folk are really struggling and can't afford ten quid so that's not fair for them? It would please me greatly if I paid a flat price of £14 wherever I went in this league but until the league / clubs agree those rules then clubs are free to charge what they like.

I am sure KHFC could reduce ticket prices but something else would have to give. The twenty is plenty campaign is a good one. How many clubs do it? It's a slightly different issue when considering a club that receives millions in Tv money where gate receipts are not as significant to the club's income.

I am sure some non league clubs have charged different prices based on the opposition (different categories based on the opposition). This would not be popular with me. I'd make a choice whether I went or not. Sometimes a club (like KHFC) reduce prices for a particular game or run a scheme to boost the gate. This can sometimes benefit away fans.

Hope you decide to come and enjoy the game.

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:01 pm

You have a point about £19 to sit. We would all like it to be cheaper but it is choice at the end of the day. If people come and watch then market forces dictate.
However your points about the surcharge and parking I have no sympathy. You can buy online (on your phone) until 3.15pm...its the 21st century now and things move on. Park somewhere else and walk like the rest of us if you don't want to pay. Every club's circumstances are different which you totally disregard (location, costs etc). I'm afraid your team lose out as much as KHFC if your not in attendance to support...

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:19 pm

Brakes fan wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:12 pm
Jasper we tend to drive and took a thousand plus to Villa park you should have come, I didn't say about the coaches the club did? Oh yes 12 in the minibus can you fit them in?
You did mention about the coaches it's irrelevant that it was via a quote but I won't hold that against you. I assume you don't play at Villa Park every week, mind you it is a pleasure to go to such a magnificent stadium. I'm sure we can fit 12 of your hardy Warwickshire soles in plus a couple of hundred coming by car.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:48 pm

I agree the cost is too high for this level, especially for standing (i say that as someone who is seated), £2 difference isn`t much these days. Standing is probably the gateway for most future supporters, who should be encouraged, however market forces will dictate.

Red Bear
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Red Bear » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:49 pm

Yes, we are expensive (and I would much rather pay less!) but ultimately the market decides.

Please go ahead with your reciprocal pricing Brakes fan as I understand that you will have to charge your home fans the same, which seems to rather undermine your objective - rather than spiteful, the phrase "cutting off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind.

Also, not sure why the attitude - surely you should be sympathizing with us having to pay higher prices on a fortnightly basis...

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:08 pm

Brakes fan wrote:
Jasper we tend to drive and took a thousand plus to Villa park you should have come, I didn't say about the coaches the club did? Oh yes 12 in the minibus can you fit them in?
We took 25000 to our last final at Wembley if you want to play a game of Top trumps

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:40 pm

On the day tickets.

Harriers:
Terrace. Adults: £17.00 / £20 if not bought in advance
Over 65: £13.00 / £16 if not bought in advance

Seats. Adults: £19.00 / £22 if not bought in advance
Over 65: £15.00 / £18 if not bought in advance

Leamington:
Terrace & seats
Adults £14
Over 60's £10

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Player sponsorship.

Harriers:
Home or away £300 +VAT
Home and away £500 + VAT

Leamington:
Unknown. You have to ask. Brakes Fan?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matchday sponsorship

Harriers:
From £900 + VAT

Leamington:
£500 + VAT

Matchball sponsorship

Harriers:
£500 + VAT

Leamington:
£200 + VAT

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Programme advertising

Harriers:
Quarter-page advert: £400 + VAT
Half-page advert: £800 + VAT
Full-page advert: £1500 + VAT
Programme Sponsor: £4000 + VAT
Perimeter board from £1500 + VAT

Leamington:
Full Page £300 + VAT
Perimeter board + Programme £950 + VAT

Social media advertising

Harriers:
Main website sponsor £8,000 + VAT
Youtube £5,000 + VAT
Goal of the month sponsor £4,000 + VAT

Leamington:
Website sponsors from £250 + VAT

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:48 pm

Reading charge £20 with 6 other clubs in the second division who the have a £20 is plenty agreement but charge the other clubs a reciprocal price what their fans are charged as they won't go with £20 is plenty and charge up £14 more!
To me it makes common sense to try and keep prices down for all of us and I do have sympathy for what you have to pay at the gate for NLN it's too much.
I hope its a good game at the weekend and we win obviously best wishes.
Leamington FC are run on a budget which the club can afford we don't spend what we haven't got and yes that limits us but unlike many boom and bust clubs we are very well ran.
Paul Holleran has been with us now for along time we are simply chalk and cheese as clubs but we both try to play decent football.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:53 am

It is a shame how much prices have went up over the years, in comparison to other clubs at our level. But as others have mentioned, we have one of the best stadiums, we are full time still and the day to day bills are more.

It's inevitable our tickets are going to be more expensive. Whether that's fair in the eyes of travelling fans, obviously not. But I'd hope they would be happier playing in front of more fans, at a good venue and only having to pay this price once a year instead of 20+ like us.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:56 am

Brakes fan wrote:
And took 50 for an away game less than an hour away on a Saturday lol.

Phepson
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Phepson » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:17 am

Having been coming to Aggborough since the early 70's I have to say I agree about many of the points made by the Brakes fan and also a number of the ones made in the MOTM thread about cashless payment.

On a personal basis pre covid and being over 60 I was paying £9 admission. With concessions going to 65 and two years of price rises I paid £17 admission. That's one pound short of a 100% rise in three years. Add to that the various complaints about stewarding from being ushered out of the ground, removal of bottle tops (which did not seem to happen yesterday) as I'd already put mine in my pocket. Obviously we need good stewarding after a few problems with flares and we don't want them thrown as at the recent Stourbridge v Halesowen game. I've had no problems with stewards, why would I at my age, but it appears others have.

I contacted the club regarding the heat and if any provision had been made for water and of course there was no reply. At a Perth Glory game several years ago, water was set up next to their beer tent and it was provided free of charge, it was no hotter than yesterday.

Regarding cashless payment I found the site very clunky this year. It would not go to the north stand very easily and took me twice as long to book my ticket. As someone who runs an internet business I can hardly complain about cashless payment as the benefits are clear and have already been mentioned. It also must have been hard to keep a record of all those notes in the biscuit tins on the turnstiles. Let alone leaving the club open to a possible robbery as there are not the soft targets like petrol stations around anymore that have a lot of cash. However the club have put off some of the traditional older fans who do not do the internet and have to pay more and kids running up to the burger stall with a pound coin (err £10 note more like considering catering costs) or the teenager here on their own but not quite old enough for a credit card. Have parents got to get a child's card for them and pre load it so they can buy a £2.50 bottle of pop on a hot day. The club now even want the secondhand programme hut to go cashless FFS. Come on KHFC get a grip not everyone is living in this cashless utopia yet!

All these things may be regarded as minor on there own, however they add up. It's not like a cinema where if you don't like the one in kiddy you can go to the one at Bromsgrove and watch the same film. After all the old joke is you can change your wife but never your football team. This has left me feeling more disenchanted with the club than I ever have in over 50 years. I'm sure there will be a number of fans and those part timers from the local league teams that will just not bother to turn up if we are mid table and out of cups by Christmas. Particularly when you take the looming financial problems into account by then.