Retained lists

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: Retained lists

Post by Phil » Mon May 06, 2024 8:23 am

harry211 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 11:07 pm
Always wondered if he would end up here. Not sure we could afford him.

Who was his Dad?
Mr Smith :)

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by muse_harrier » Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 am

Ian Smith.He had a meal in the Aggborough suite when Matt played for Oldham in the f.a cup against us a few years back.

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Post by Krasnyi » Mon May 06, 2024 9:58 am

Sounds like just the kind of player we need. Matt, not his dad. Though he could probably do a job too.

jim mankey
1st team
1st team

Post by jim mankey » Mon May 06, 2024 5:34 pm

muse_harrier wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 am
Ian Smith.He had a meal in the Aggborough suite when Matt played for Oldham in the f.a cup against us a few years back.
What did he eat Dave? And did he buy a lottery ticket?

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 am

Some of the names mentioned on here (smith, marquis) very very ambitious and imo unrealistic.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue May 07, 2024 1:02 pm

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue May 07, 2024 4:38 pm

The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Bewdleyharrier
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Bewdleyharrier » Tue May 07, 2024 4:46 pm

Majority I agree with. Surprised Palmer has been offered anything, and almost hope Hemmings doesn't sign as that will free some wages up. Sentimentally, it's a shame about Preston, but he wasn't consistent enough last season, and looked to have a mistake in him.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue May 07, 2024 4:49 pm

Bit bemused with the Krystian Pearce thing. Basically not playing but join the coaching staff? Why?

Same with Palmer, Hemmo and AMS. All need to be replaced. Maybe we're going with the ones that got us relegated.

Sam Robinson being let go is surprising too. And when did Zak Brown sign a new contract to extend from the two year one he signed in 2022?

Haven't quite worked it all out yet though.

stopcarryon
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by stopcarryon » Tue May 07, 2024 4:52 pm

I wonder if Robinson wanted to leave he's Def got ability.
I'm surprised we've offered terms to hemmo ams and penny but we don't know what those terms are ....could still one of them go.
Fingers crossed dibble and bryne stay
if it aint broke dont ask conway to fix it

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue May 07, 2024 4:54 pm

Didnt realise Zac Brown was on a two year deal.
Only one that surprised me in terms of being released was Sammy Robinson. Wasnt surprised on preston tho its a shame. He cant stay fit and his form dramatically dropped the last couple of games.
Not sure on keeping Palmer, or Hemmings who has been inconsistent for two seasons and I'd imagine is a high earner. I hope we arent banking on him and ams leading the line again. Perhaps he and AMS have been offered reduced terms as not being starters? who knows.
Ideally we look to build a team that 1) is good enough to go up and 2) if it goes up it is good enough to survive rather than having toi rip up the team and start again.
Wonder if Pearce will remain as a player. He did alright last season and is definately good enough for the NN. We walk about how poor Penns recruitment was, but Pearce has been a stand out for me.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

Looks to me that with giving contracts to the youth teamers and retaining Tom Palmer (if he agrees) we are looking to save money and relying on the 'old contemptibles' to get us up (again).

I'm interested to see the '5 or 6' he brings in and where they play. Someone who can cross a ball would be nice.

Assuming they sign up we will have AMS, Hemmings with be with Lambert, Ometayo and Philips, which is pretty much his forwards sorted out already?
Ox in centre midfield with Byrne(if he signs) and a Penny (if he signs)/McNally centre back pairing?

So business as usual?
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Post by Krasnyi » Tue May 07, 2024 5:22 pm

The offer of a contract does not equate to an acceptance of that offer. I would imagine both AMS and Hemmo have been offered reduced terms. If so it’s probably better they move on though unlikely either could command higher income. I would also imagine Byrne and Penny’s agents are working furiously to get a move to a NL club.

Pearce as a coach seems a decent idea so long as he keeps his player registration: he can clearly do a job.

Surprised at Robinson going. I got the impression Brown liked him.

Other than that, no massive surprises. Hopefully the offers will be sorted out quickly so we can crack on with recruitment.

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Tue May 07, 2024 5:30 pm

Will the 5 or 6 coming in be first 11 starters , squad fillers or a mixture of both? Hopefully Ox and Brown are squad players rather than starting week in week out. Not bothered with Robinson, poor in both boxes and flattered to deceive.
Agree odd about Pearce, suspect most may reject contract offer and move on.
Forward line on paper looks fairly strong IF we can totally revamp the midfield...which to me is the absolute priority and despite the lack of goals, the main reason we went down. We must win the battle first then look to play and create. If Byrne re-signs a good base, if he goes then an entire midfield required...gulp.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Tue May 07, 2024 5:35 pm

Disappointed with Robinson and Lissimore going. Robinson always impressed me and, I think Lissimore got a bit of a rough deal here. IMO didn't look out of place when he played. We need some youth in the team.

Next, we wait to see who takes up our offers of new terms. Do we leave the offers on the table - or do we set deadlines for resigning?
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin