Player of the Season 2023-24. Amari Morgan-Smith

Where you can find all the links to online match resources and Man of the Match polls

Moderator: Phil

Player of the Season 2023-24

Poll ended at Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:59 pm

Zak Brown (3)
4%
Shane Byrne (1)
1%
Christian Dibble (2)
9%
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (1)
No votes
Ashley Hemmings (5)
8%
Bailey Hobson (3)
No votes
Nathaniel Knight-Percival (1)
No votes
Cole Kpekawa (1)
No votes
Jack Lambert (8)
11%
Joe Leesley (3)
1%
Kai Lissimore (1)
No votes
Barry Maguire (1)
No votes
Reiss McNally (2)
5%
Amari Morgan-Smith (3)
38%
Tom Palmer (1)
No votes
Krystian Pearce (3)
2%
Alex Penny (6)
10%
Kieran Phillips (1)
No votes
Matt Preston (1)
No votes
Caleb Richards (3)
11%
Sam Robinson (3)
No votes
Charlie Weston (2)
1%

Total votes: 102

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Player of the Season 2023-24. Amari Morgan-Smith

Post by Phil » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:48 pm

It's been a shorter season than usual for us this time round and also a little disappointing one but there have still been some great performances from individual players.

So now is the time to vote for the one that you think has been the overall best for the title of the Player of the Season (PotS)

As in previous years you get a list of all those that have won the MotM for each game with the amount of times won in brackets by the side. I can add to that amount for the remaining games but not add a new name in because it breaks the poll.

As before I'm going to be nice to you and you can vote for up to three players. The poll will end at midnight on Friday April 26th.

So go on, get your votes in and don't forget those three chances to win :)

Red Bear
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Player of the Season 2023-24

Post by Red Bear » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:06 pm

So certain am I of this that I'm going in early and only for one player.

Honourable mentions to Reiss McNally for proving to be a much better player than I had previously given him credit for, and to Alex Penny for his versatility across the back line. And also to Tom Palmer for one (shared) MotM award from one (non-WSC) appearance! 😁

The only choice for me however has to be AMS, who has been a near constant presence (most appearances of any player so far I think, in a position often subject to rotation) and who for much of the season seemed to be taking on opposing teams single-handedly and running himself into the ground on a weekly basis. πŸ‘
πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š

Red Bear
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Red Bear » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:09 pm

OK, now I see I wasn't that early... πŸ˜‚

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:52 am

Red Bear wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:06 pm

The only choice for me however has to be AMS, who has been a near constant presence (most appearances of any player so far I think, in a position often subject to rotation) and who for much of the season seemed to be taking on opposing teams single-handedly and running himself into the ground on a weekly basis. πŸ‘
πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š
This.

It was also a thankless task dished out to him.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:30 pm

Red Bear wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:06 pm
So certain am I of this that I'm going in early and only for one player.

Honourable mentions to Reiss McNally for proving to be a much better player than I had previously given him credit for, and to Alex Penny for his versatility across the back line. And also to Tom Palmer for one (shared) MotM award from one (non-WSC) appearance! 😁

πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š
An honourable mention to a keeper who has made one competitive appearance all season - do me a favour.

Penny Dibble and AMS for me. All have producted quality moments. Richards has been a steady 7/10 most games. If McNally would have kept up the form he has produced since PB come in he'd get my vote, but a season is more than two months.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:09 pm

I went for AMS, Lambert and brown. AMS is just the ultimate example for any youngster imho, due to his tireless work rate and never say die attitude. He's not glamorous or particularly skilful, but he must win 90% of his headers and they make chances/ goals (refer to the Chesterfield highlights for example). He's also great with the kids and takes time out for the fans... seemingly a man of good character.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:41 am

With that 'exciting' season now done and dusted you still have until the coming Friday to add your vote(s) to this poll.

Just the Barnet game MotM result to come on Tuesday and we can then crown AMS as the winner. So come on you stragglers and Just Do It

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: Player of the Season 2023-24. Amari Morgan-Smith

Post by Phil » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 am

Amari is the outright winner of this so pretty well expected really.

Thanks to all that voted and I'll let the man know of this great honour.