Post by harriershane » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:50 pm

At least fylde lost
He who dares...wins

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: MotM: 13-08-22 Leamington (H)

Post by tonythescout » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Frustrating afternoon. Fair play to them and in particular their keeper. They wanted a point and played for it.

Hemmings off the boil today presume the penalty miss affected him? Ceesay is not the answer to the CF issue and is better off out wide tho he should have been hauled off as jaded second half. Thought Brown was excellent. Midfield 3 is as effected, it not more than the best one we had last season (carra bonds Austin)

Tom Palmer was excellent today and at times kept us well in it.

We looked a little better when Fremantle come on as we suddenly had a focal point and a physical presence (Ceesay for his size wasnt applying himself in that way)
Penn needs to get a striker in asap as we cannot carry on like that.

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:07 pm

Edgar T Peaceful wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:49 pm
As I feared in pre-season: We've upgraded the midfield but the attack is arguably not as good, and we don't have the defender to step out and spray the ball around like Bajrami.

Yes, we were a bit unlucky, but really we need to be scoring 1 or 2 of those chances.

Like Sheff (above), my patience is thin this year. Can't bear another 'not quite' season.

Well played Leamington, particularly your on-loan keeper.
I am a bit more "glass half full". Thought we could (and should) have buried them. Creating that number of chances, RP will know what the problem is - and hopefully how to solve it. Agree about the Leamington keeper.

Thought the ref had a good game. Slightly unusual arm signals but appeared to have a rapport with the players and got most of the decisions correct. That said, Leamington were not particularly physical. Bigger tests to come on that front.

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:10 pm

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the game, if not the result, clearly Harriers were head and shoulders the better team, BUT Russ still hasn't sussed out how to beat ten men behind the ball defence, same as last season Harriers play all their football in front of the opposition, not behind !! Time and time again the full backs had to go backwards because there was no support closer to them for the give and go. frustrating. I felt for Cissay playing as the front man, clearly not his forte but he did win the penalty and that should have been enough but alas Hemmo was not on a going day. Thought the defence played well and apart from one loose pass NKP didn't put a foot wrong, Pearce played well too. It's early days yet but there are signs that Harriers will be a force this season, just need a few tweaks going forward and we should be okay, my MotM was TOE, very unlucky not to score.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:40 pm

maxspeed wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:10 pm
Well I thoroughly enjoyed the game, if not the result, clearly Harriers were head and shoulders the better team, BUT Russ still hasn't sussed out how to beat ten men behind the ball defence, same as last season Harriers play all their football in front of the opposition, not behind !! Time and time again the full backs had to go backwards because there was no support closer to them for the give and go. frustrating. I felt for Cissay playing as the front man, clearly not his forte but he did win the penalty and that should have been enough but alas Hemmo was not on a going day. Thought the defence played well and apart from one loose pass NKP didn't put a foot wrong, Pearce played well too. It's early days yet but there are signs that Harriers will be a force this season, just need a few tweaks going forward and we should be okay, my MotM was TOE, very unlucky not to score.
Totally agree, we will be a force. Replacements / new signings seem decent. Decent cameo from Rogers also. Don’t recall jaiden white anywhere near that sort of ten minutes spell.
One striker away and no doubt Russ must have seen it and will address itn

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 pm

Enjoyed the game, though frustrated we didn`t win. Can`t remember a game when so many shots were blocked, like the Berlin wall (as it used to be).

I also felt we needed to get a proven loan striker in to cover the early part of the season, or even for the whole, hope it`s on the cards.

Thought the whole team played well, agreed with the mom being Lowe, looks real class.

Don`t agree with the impatience sentiment, if i remember rightly, Leamington had a good start last season, whereas York were terrible. Hope this sentiment doesn`t spread to the squad, it`s a long way to go until the season end.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:05 pm

TomLong78
Reserves
Reserves

Post by TomLong78 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:12 pm

Like many others, I really enjoyed the game. I thought we played some great football, and as good as Carrington was (and Bonds when on loan), Byrne and Lowe are a massive upgrade for our midfield. Also impressed with Brown and Ceesay - neither are the finished article, but Ceesay in particular will be a real handful for many in National League North this season.

I said before the start of the season my concern was with the goalkeeping situation (no goals conceded so far) and whether we’d score enough goals (1 goal in 2 games so far). Ceesay did a decent job as the central striker, but he’s not a centre-forward, and I think it says a lot that Freemantle was said to be fit, yet didn’t start. He isn’t the answer when AMS is unavailable if we want to win this league - we need a second quality striker. It’s clear plenty of us can see that, so I am sure Russ and Jimmy see it too.

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:13 pm

It’s frustrating that we haven’t got the high quality back up for AMS up front.

We could all see before the start of the season that the defensive and midfield were excellent but we were still short of one more high quality forward.

And so it’s proven to be…

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:22 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:18 pm

TomLong78 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:12 pm
Like many others, I really enjoyed the game. I thought we played some great football, and as good as Carrington was (and Bonds when on loan), Byrne and Lowe are a massive upgrade for our midfield. Also impressed with Brown and Ceesay - neither are the finished article, but Ceesay in particular will be a real handful for many in National League North this season.

I said before the start of the season my concern was with the goalkeeping situation (no goals conceded so far) and whether we’d score enough goals (1 goal in 2 games so far). Ceesay did a decent job as the central striker, but he’s not a centre-forward, and I think it says a lot that Freemantle was said to be fit, yet didn’t start. He isn’t the answer when AMS is unavailable if we want to win this league - we need a second quality striker. It’s clear plenty of us can see that, so I am sure Russ and Jimmy see it too.
Midfield is so good. Lowe will be massive for us.

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Swansea Harrier » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:45 pm

I think the tone was set for this in the first minute. If Tom Owen Evans leaves Zak Brown's pull back, Shane Byrne has a tap into an empty net and we win by three, four or more.

It was just one of those days. A 0-0 battering if ever I saw one. Leamington weren't great at all and will no doubt end up lower midtable again at best. But they knew their limitations and stick to their plan admirably. Callum Hawkins in goal was man of the match by a country mile, and their two centre backs and Maye in front of them held them together.

If we play like that every week, we'll win eight games of every ten. So I'm not worried. Yes, we need a cutting edge and we're crying out for AMS or a similar presence. But we've clearly recruited very well. The two centre backs were superb today. Byrne and Lowe ran the show - Lowe shades man of the match for me for his range of positive forward-looking passes. Both were class. Yes, maybe a few unnecessary taps to each other, but there is such a strong base there.

When not playing in a heatwave, I hope perhaps we can raise the tempo of passing a little more. But the touches and close control especially in close quarters around the Leamington box were at times excellent.

All we were missing today was a goal. All in all, very encouraging. If someone could remove the invisible forcefields from the goals we shoot at before Tuesday night that would be lovely...

Leamington only managing 51 fans for a local derby?! Embarrassing... To see some of their fans try to criticise us on National League Facebook groups? Even more so.

Kiddywolves
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Kiddywolves » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:15 am

no longer a Kidderminster Harriers fan.. after arriving inside the ground i was unable to purchase any drinks. why? The club is now a card only stadium. nothing outside the ground saying this, nothing on the tickets stating this either. on the hottest day of the year. i was unable to buy a drink. kids with only cash was unable to buy drinks. the k2 stewards who was drinking bottled water were very unhelpful and in fact a waste of space. i was informed i could leave the ground to buy a drink. but would not be allowed back into the ground. no drinks allowed through turnstiles on entry. Leamington fans was sent into the North Bank. the commercial side of this club is a joke.. and for that reason. i will now support a more fan friendly club. that appreciates every paying customer and there needs.

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:10 am

Kiddywolves

That's a shame, don't you carry a credit/debit card?

I must admit I haven't had cash in my wallet for several years, there are very few places that don't accept plastic, it's the way the world is going, soon everyone will carry a cash card to pay for small stuff like newspapers drinks and small items that you top up credit from a ATM its not just Harriers.

Like it or not we are heading for a cashless society.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:22 am

The club have publicised that it is now a cashless stadium. Perhaps better signage needed. I am surprised that adults are not able / willing to be cashless but agree that for kids coming on their own it's far from ideal. Really disappointing that the club / caterers couldn't have shown a little more foresight and common sense given the weather yesterday and been proactive with water/ given some out. I had no problem taking my own water into the ground although I wasn't allowed to take in a cold can of pop.