Away fans tickets......

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Red Bear
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Away fans tickets......

Post by Red Bear » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:21 pm

I admittedly haven't tried it yet (I don't know if purchasers get to select their seat from a plan or just get seats automatically assigned) but I don't see the issue with allocated seats in principle - it's no different to buying a ticket to the cinema, it facilitates allocated seats for season ticket holders and it helps groups/families to sit together at busy games - at most games people should be able to pick or move to an unoccupied seat of their choosing come kick-off time if not happy with where they are given.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:37 pm

Red Bear wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:21 pm
I admittedly haven't tried it yet (I don't know if purchasers get to select their seat from a plan or just get seats automatically assigned) but I don't see the issue with allocated seats in principle - it's no different to buying a ticket to the cinema, it facilitates allocated seats for season ticket holders and it helps groups/families to sit together at busy games - at most games people should be able to pick or move to an unoccupied seat of their choosing come kick-off time if not happy with where they are given.
You get it to a plan.

Acouple of reasons against it:

In covid times i would far rather pick a seat at the game, as far as possible away from other supporters. Never had a problem with sitting as a group together.

We were a group of 4 going to the Liverpool game, so i paid all 4 to ensure we were together, splitting costs afterwards, wouldn`t say its hassle, but could do without it. I also booked all 4 in my name, somehow missed the part where names were requested, so not a security issue either.

If the club had offered a season ticket without an allocated seat, as during the last 2 seasons, i would have gone for that, just "paying at the gate now".

I know these issues are not the end of the world, but if the club explain the reasoning, it could help. Suspect the reasoning is that this is the modern way/other clubs do it this way (Hereford for one).

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Re: Jack Tolley sponsorship 22-23

Post by Brakes fan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:40 am

Hello I write about your on the day ticket prices which some of us find unfair. We charge £14 on the day seat or standing, 60 and over £10 and students £7, under 18 £4, under 12s free, and FREE car parking.
We come to the likes of yourself and get ripped off in comparison as your club is more expensive than some championship, division 3 and 4 away ticket prices plus £5 parking!
You are like us a NLN side your no longer in the FL your down with us also are food and beverages are cheaper and we have friendly, helpful stewards unlike some of your traffic warden types.
A few of us think it is time reciprocal prices are charged at games were clubs like yourself charge £6/8 more than us on the day. The same with car parking fees I am approaching our chairman at the next home game to volunteer to do car parking tickets at £5 for clubs like yours that charge us.
I'm not alone as you might have guessed from our website stating your prices gives you an idea of our thoughts?

I wonder would you be happy to pay reciprocal prices at all NLN grounds? Levelling up as they say these days and would be fairer to charge the expensive clubs quite a few of us are giving you lot a miss this weekend.
Pricing at this time needs to be sensible and in our opinion yours isn't.
I will let you know LFCs decision on the request to charge you far parking at the reciprocal fixture.

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:21 am

Sadly, I have to agree with the comments/criticisms made by the Brakes fan, which I hope will be re-posted on this thread.

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:27 am

Please also note from our website we are not going to run coaches to the game.
It's all a shame we'll have a few but not what could have come for what could be a good game to watch.
On the heat front don't you not think the NL could have gone for 12:00 kos this weekend commonsense?

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:44 am

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:51 pm
Southport have been doing this for years.
Southport ticket prices of their website " matchday" prices
Seats £15
Terrace £13:50.
They went ticket only but the person who made that decision left after about 10 months,but due to fans objects and loss of on the day casuals its both now without surchaging.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:30 am

We're one of the most expensive, of that there's no doubt - I don't have issues with the tickets on the day surcharge, especially if it helps the club plan for matchday security, which did improve significantly after our FA Cup exploits. It's clear the club want to encourage everyone to buy tickets in advance.

In respect of other clubs admission prices, Kings Lynn top us, and Hereford are close - I'd happily pay 20% extra and go to Aggborough than suffer the away terrace at Edgar St! Fylde offer the most expensive single admission but there are cheaper options (£12 for terrace for example). Leamington are close to the bottom of the admission price table! Blyth offer the lowest admission.

Parking is a tricky one, you can't compare a ground surrounded by green fields to one that is in a housing estate in a town centre where space is a premium!

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:10 am

Brakes fan wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:27 am
Please also note from our website we are not going to run coaches to the game.
It's all a shame we'll have a few but not what could have come for what could be a good game to watch.
On the heat front don't you not think the NL could have gone for 12:00 kos this weekend commonsense?
You are running a minibus (Brakes Trust) to the game, it's on your website and expected to sell out. You rarely take more than 1 coach to away games.

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:05 pm

Parking - walk and park away from ground for free (i.e.Chester Road South)
Surcharge - only an issue if you can only pay by cash. I find it hard to believe that many are unable to get someone else to purchase online for them if they are unable.
Match day cost - yes this is high and ideally would be lower however the facilities are at the top end of the league. You are comparing apples and pears in terms of paying the same for different facilities. You can either choose to come or not. If you take the 3 points I'm sure those who come will be more than happy.

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:07 pm

Where match day pricing is concerned, I have already said Harriers are expensive and I can see how in today's economic environment it will put off away fans, especially those like the Leamington fans who are used to paying a more realistic price to watch their football, that's a shame - £22 to watch a NLN game is outrageous and I wouldn't pay it either !! Even allowing for the fact Aggborough is a Football League standard venue and will be more expensive to maintain and run match days, its still a rip off.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:19 pm

£22 is only if you're sitting and have bought from the ticket-office, in person, on the day of the game. That's an exceptional circumstance.

Even if you've decided to come last minute, you can still buy online on the day of the game up to 3.15 and not be hit with the surcharge.

And as the club continue to say - "Any supporters needing assistance with purchasing online can contact us before a match day on 01562 823 931."

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:53 pm

Reluctant to comment on this thread but...... What level of crowds do most clubs in NLN get - a few hundred ? KHFC are getting over 2000 - no more to be said.

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:06 pm

In answer to some responses
1, Many of our supporters pay cash on the day at the windmill like yours do when you visit we don't surcharge people for exercising choice.
2, Plenty of people DON'T buy on line like myself and why should we? This is NLN not the FL for heavens sake and kills impulse attendances.
3, £22 for a seat and £20 to stand if you buy on the day the FL twenty is plenty campaign for this and we're in the NLN and if we bought seats on the day that £2 more than Cardiff fans paid at Reading last week in the championship.
4, would you be happy to pay reciprocal rates at other NLN grounds who don't price as you do?
5, You've lost a few of us tomorrow and the club isn't running coaches and we are now starting to campaign for reciprocal pricing on the expensive clubs it's only fair.
Their is a recession and apparently most of football hasn't worked that out yet!

Brakes fan
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Brakes fan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:12 pm

Jasper we tend to drive and took a thousand plus to Villa park you should have come, I didn't say about the coaches the club did? Oh yes 12 in the minibus can you fit them in?

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:15 pm

Brakes fan wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:06 pm
In answer to some responses
1, Many of our supporters pay cash on the day at the windmill like yours do when you visit we don't surcharge people for exercising choice.
2, Plenty of people DON'T buy on line like myself and why should we? This is NLN not the FL for heavens sake and kills impulse attendances.
3, £22 for a seat and £20 to stand if you buy on the day the FL twenty is plenty campaign for this and we're in the NLN and if we bought seats on the day that £2 more than Cardiff fans paid at Reading last week in the championship.
4, would you be happy to pay reciprocal rates at other NLN grounds who don't price as you do?
5, You've lost a few of us tomorrow and the club isn't running coaches and we are now starting to campaign for reciprocal pricing on the expensive clubs it's only fair.
Their is a recession and apparently most of football hasn't worked that out yet!
Hard to disagree with any of this, personally. Hate our fans turning into 'billy big {expletive deleted}' like Oxford or Luton were in the Conference. We didn't like it when they did it, and so we shouldn't do it to others. Yes we're a bigger club than Leamington, but it doesn't mean we should meet any criticism with arrogance.

FWIW I think our prices are a tad too expensive and the surcharge is daft. I think we're entitled to charge slightly more as we have higher running costs as a full time club with a FL-level stadium. I do think said stadium needs a bit more spend on its upkeep. There's not much we can change - some of us have railed against this already - and woe betide any Leamington fans if they happened to end up in the league above. What would they think playing Notts County or Oldham etc?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------