Away fans tickets......

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Away fans tickets......

Post by garthrockett » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:36 pm

Just been reading this on the Leamington site.

https://www.leamingtonfc.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/11-news2/2011-kidderminster-harriers-a-match-arrangements?Itemid=355

To be honest it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth to see the club sticking an extra £3 onto tickets obtained on the day at the ticket office.

Not sure what the justification for the surcharge is, maybe its a question for the next fans forum.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Away fans tickets......

Post by koro » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:42 pm

I dare say it is incentive to buy in advance thereby relieving last minute stress for fans and staff at the office. A friend previously experienced buying a ticket before a game when he hadn't already set up an account and he nearly lost the will to live with all the questions he had to answer through the window.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:51 pm

Southport have been doing this for years.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:39 pm

It's on our own Web site so nothing new about it. It was the similar last season, think it was £2 then. Can't see any problem.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:42 am

It will be busy Saturday with folks picking up season tickets. The usual chaos I suspect.

The cynic in me thinks advanced ticket sales are a great ruse. There will always be people who can't make it on the day but have bought their tickets. Over the season this must add a few quid to the coffers. I would love to go back to putting down a couple of quid and marching through the turnstiles but we have entered a different age of grand improvements.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 am

Harry Aire wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:42 am

The cynic in me thinks advanced ticket sales are a great ruse. There will always be people who can't make it on the day but have bought their tickets. Over the season this must add a few quid to the coffers. I would love to go back to putting down a couple of quid and marching through the turnstiles but we have entered a different age of grand improvements.
You could say the same about season tickets really, miss 2-3 games and you've overpaid technically.

I suspect some of it is to do with advanced planning, if you have a good idea of attendance with STs and advanced purchase, you can steward and police accordingly, (in theory), managing costs I guess. Same for program printing, food, beer needed etc.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:16 pm

I have to say I think my season ticket (concession) is really good value 23 games for £253 thats £11 a match and a 26% discount, having said that I do think the full pricing for match day is expensive for NLN football and that's before you add on the £3 excess for buying at the ticket office on the day. I assume that the club didn't get their 1000 ST sales as we would have been told, still anything over 900 is quite an achivement in the current economic climate and also compared to numbers under the previous administration when there was a massive disconnect between the club and the fans. Bodes well for the future especially if the team produce the goods on the pitch, in front of a big crowd. Love it.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:40 pm

I suspect some of it is to do with advanced planning, if you have a good idea of attendance with STs and advanced purchase, you can steward and police accordingly, (in theory), managing costs I guess.
If you could convince me the KHFC admin reviews this info every game to enable "advanced planning" (rather than the usual lurch from one match day crisis to the next) I'd be far more confident in our club's further upward progression into the professional football business. :rolllaugh:

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:07 pm

It's a punative money-making scheme. What else is the reason?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:22 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:40 pm
I suspect some of it is to do with advanced planning, if you have a good idea of attendance with STs and advanced purchase, you can steward and police accordingly, (in theory), managing costs I guess.
If you could convince me the KHFC admin reviews this info every game to enable "advanced planning" (rather than the usual lurch from one match day crisis to the next) I'd be far more confident in our club's further upward progression into the professional football business. :rolllaugh:
You're no doubt correct, my point was more that in theory the more data you have ahead of the event, the better prepared you can be. In our position, we don't really get radical swings in attendance, up or down and those that do come up are pretty predictable anyway (FA Cup etc).
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:42 pm

You're no doubt correct, my point was more that in theory the more data you have ahead of the event, the better prepared you can be. In our position, we don't really get radical swings in attendance, up or down and those that do come up are pretty predictable anyway (FA Cup etc).
Agreed. Theres also quite a few local Wolves WBA and Villa fans in the area who decide on a whim (especially if its cold/wet etc) to suddenly switch to attending Aggy for a NLN match.
Glad to see online tickets are available up until 3-15pm now, as these 'sudden whim' attendees are then not penalised with the extra surcharge.

Im not particularly keen on the cashless pocicy at the Harriers Arms for a pre-match pint either, but with the Chester Tavern now open and Weavers close by its a moot point (not to mention better pint) anyway.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:08 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:42 pm
Agreed. Theres also quite a few local Wolves WBA and Villa fans in the area who decide on a whim (especially if its cold/wet etc) to suddenly switch to attending Aggy for a NLN match.
Glad to see online tickets are available up until 3-15pm now, as these 'sudden whim' attendees are then not penalised with the extra surcharge.

Im not particularly keen on the cashless pocicy at the Harriers Arms for a pre-match pint either, but with the Chester Tavern now open and Weavers close by its a moot point (not to mention better pint) anyway.
But this is a wider point. If it's encouraging fans to spend their money elsewhere, then it's bad business. Being cashless doesn't attract anyone but it does put them off.

What's the new Chester Tavern like?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:24 pm

But this is a wider point. If it's encouraging fans to spend their money elsewhere, then it's bad business. Being cashless doesn't attract anyone but it does put them off.
I was told by a retail business consultant that people paying by contactless card on average spend 30% more than had they paid with cash.

Off the subject a little but I was also told by a crime prevention officer that people neeed to be very careful where they keep their contactless cards on their person, as thieves have been known to fire up their own 'card reader' in a rucksack or similar and in a crowd pass close enough to trigger your card to pay out.
Worth being aware.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:19 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:24 pm
I was told by a retail business consultant that people paying by contactless card on average spend 30% more than had they paid with cash.

Off the subject a little but I was also told by a crime prevention officer that people neeed to be very careful where they keep their contactless cards on their person, as thieves have been known to fire up their own 'card reader' in a rucksack or similar and in a crowd pass close enough to trigger your card to pay out.
Worth being aware.
I can believe cashless has increased the crowd, in particular younger supporters who can commit to a ticket when they have money, may be less flush by Saturday.

You can get wallets that stop card readers, i also keep my car keys in a similar wallet for the same reason.

As for occasional supporters visiting, i dont think they will be best pleased when they are required to specify what seat they have to book. Crazy system.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:32 pm

With the lack of a fans forum and sporadic interaction with KHIST we are left to guess the reasoning behind such decisions.

I can understand then wanting to make it all electronic. No issue with cashless myself and most folks will be happy to book it online on the day via their phone on a whim. But yes, it will always put some off.

Does seem unnecessary to me to have to assign everyone a specific seat. Again, hard to know the reasoning being this. Perhaps part of the new and improved security. Which, by the way, isn't that strict as they didn't seem to mind me taking metal cutlery in for the United friendly .... part of my son's packed tea (not paying those prices for foil tin pies!).