ASK KHIST

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

ASK KHIST

Post by Colgofray » Wed May 25, 2022 7:11 pm

The first set of questions submitted by KHIST members to the club under the Ask KHIST initiative has been submitted to the club.
Full details (available to members) can be found on the main KHIST website using your usual logging in details.
Hopefully we will receive a response from KHFC soon.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: ASK KHIST

Post by garthrockett » Wed May 25, 2022 9:59 pm

Might be worth listing questions asked to non-members and general consideration?
This may prompt a few more persons to join KHIST if they are curious for possible answers.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Wed May 25, 2022 10:28 pm

Some great questions in there, encouraging that KHIST members communicate with their committee so regularly.
Let’s hope the club responses are informative.

Good that so many members have asked for a return to half and half shirts and also shouted up about the moronic behaviour of our younger supporters on display at Leamington.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu May 26, 2022 11:03 am

My understanding is that there is no guarantee the club are going to answer these questions. But we try nevertheless.

Delph Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Delph Harrier » Thu May 26, 2022 11:11 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:03 am
My understanding is that there is no guarantee the club are going to answer these questions. But we try nevertheless.
The club have given David Knowlton as a point of contact with the initiative so it is hopeful regular communication will be possible on a bi - monthly basis. The first set of questions have now gone over for his perusal.

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Thu May 26, 2022 1:53 pm

Top marks to khist for pursuing this initiative. If the questions aren’t particularly critical or ask for any confidential info, there should be no reason for the club not to respond. As David Knowlton has been nominated by the club as the point of contact to respond, this surely has to be a positive sign.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Thu May 26, 2022 2:43 pm

David Knowlton - General Manager....did I miss the announcement of this?
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:14 pm

Well done to KHFC for responding positively to the questions forwarded by members under the ASK KHIST initiative. Hopefully a new chapter in cooperation between the club and the Trust. Responses available on the main KHIST website - members only.

Delph Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Delph Harrier » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:25 pm

General Manager, David Knowlton from the football club has now responded to the first round of questions sent over through the ' Ask KHIST ' platform.

His answers are now available for KHIST members to view through the KHIST website.

Q4 was deleted as it was in connection to allocated seating which the fotballl club had clarified the position on prior.

The next set of questions will be sent over in early August so if there is anything you would like KHIST to speak to the football club about on your behalf please email any questions over to the KHIST website by clicking onto the ' Ask KHIST ' tab.

Thank you to everyone who sent questions over to us, the response has been excellent.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Very good answers. Logical and thought out.

KHFC Supporter
Youth team
Youth team

Post by KHFC Supporter » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:31 am

Utter {expletive deleted}. Richard L has made it absolutely clear that the Club will never again engage with KHIST again after a certain KHIST board member was kicked off the Club board and, as far as I’m aware he is still on the KHIST board. If you hope to move forward and engage with the Cub, then you have no option but to get rid of this individual that caused so much damage, I was a member of KHIST in the past, but, unless you can build some bridges, I’m really not interested in joining you again like many other former KHIST members Doesn’t that say it all?

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:28 am

Mmmm..interesting tripe KHFC supporter. If what you say about RL is true, then why has he agreed to allow a colleague to even respond to the Ask KHIST questions submitted (and well considered responses they were too) and why has he agreed to meet with the KHIST board again?
You appear intent on running down our only official supporters representation. Why I wonder? Perhaps you should form your own fans group as you believe you have your finger on the pulse. Don’t knock efforts currently being made to bring both closer to a healthy working relationship.

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:18 am

KHFC Supporter wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:31 am
Utter {expletive deleted}. Richard L has made it absolutely clear that the Club will never again engage with KHIST again after a certain KHIST board member was kicked off the Club board and, as far as I’m aware he is still on the KHIST board. If you hope to move forward and engage with the Cub, then you have no option but to get rid of this individual that caused so much damage, I was a member of KHIST in the past, but, unless you can build some bridges, I’m really not interested in joining you again like many other former KHIST members Doesn’t that say it all?

Struggling to recall any statement issued by Mr Lane stating he will never engage with KHIST again?
Please do let us all know when and where this press release/club statement sits so we can all familiarise ourselves with this information.

You are correct that a former football club board member currently has a seat on the board of KHIST.
This same member was the individual who dared to challenge CG when he announced his plans to try and move the football club out of it's current home of over 100 years and re locate it out of town to a place where transport links are poor and our gates would have been been distressed as a consequence. This same board member also ran the KHIST lottery which has raised over 200k for the football club.

It is encouraging that the football club have responded to KHIST and the new platform is off and running, well done to all involved.

Very much look forward to reading your future posts......and remember, never let the facts get in the way of a good story x x

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:19 am

Welcome responses. Good news about the kit!

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:37 am

Good answers...see, that wasn't difficult was it!
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------