Released or Retained

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

cjh201170
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Released or Retained

Post by cjh201170 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:08 pm

I think Brandon Hall would do a job for us. Just left the bulls

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Mon May 16, 2022 8:22 pm

Palmer only offered a contract, suppose it depends on what the club have in mind, if Hall was in line to return then Palmers offer would presumably be a poor one.

Not sure why the difference in being "offered" & in "discussion" (Cameron/Moyo).

Netherton Saddler81
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Netherton Saddler81 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:38 pm

If Jack Rose is willing to drop a couple of leagues he would do a job for you. Never really given much of a chance with us. Never let us down when called upon

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:51 pm

Netherton Saddler81 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:38 pm
If Jack Rose is willing to drop a couple of leagues he would do a job for you. Never really given much of a chance with us. Never let us down when called upon
:thumbsup:

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Mon May 16, 2022 9:01 pm

Would be reassuring for fans of my vintage to see a Rose between the sticks again
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Netherton Saddler81
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Netherton Saddler81 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:44 pm

TWG85 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:32 pm
Mon May 16, 2022 4:33 pm
As I mentioned on another thread if I were Penn I'd be asking the question about Tom Leak. He would be perfect for you guys. Maybe been a ex team mate of freemantle he could convince him to join 🤔
What are your thoughts on the keeper Jack Rose who you've let go, Netherton Saddler? Far too good for this level and expect offers higher up? I see he'd been playing up until this season. Local, available and a good age. *fingers crossed*

Also how's the fella Tom Leak's recovery pace?
Jack Rose was decent when given the chance.Had to play second fiddle last few years. Was never gonna dislodge Rushworth this season. Leaks recovery pace is decent.Hes always looked good when he's played for us. He never gave Andy Cook a kick against Bradford at our place. He made his debut for us against Southend at roots Hall season before last got chucked in at the deep end stood up to the task really well in a defence that was leaking goals for fun. Scraped a nil nil draw that night

Murphy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Murphy » Tue May 17, 2022 5:55 am

Disappointed that Carrington has decided to hang up his boots, though for me, RP's hanging on to too many players. IMO, we need a fresh intake of at least 6 quality players if we're going to have half a chance of getting out of this league. It's going to be even more difficult next season with an expanded league and 4 teams being relegated. Retaining over 80% of the current squad isn't going to cut it, and OSJ should have been one of the first to be shown the door. Far too lazy and inconsistent. A luxury we can't afford. Be interesting to see who we finally manage to bring in.

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Tue May 17, 2022 7:27 am

I pretty much agree with Murphy about a re-boot of the squad, although I'm not so tough on OSJ. I don't understand why we want to hang on to some players who don't cut it at this level. I know a lot of people like Freemantle for his work rate but he is not what we want IMO, also White. I don't know about Lissimore as I can't recall seeing him play. I feel for Moyo's injury problems, but even if fit, I would let him go. Even Baj can move on, he needs to play at a higher level. Seems negative, but the team needs to be better.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Tue May 17, 2022 9:00 am

While we do need to strengthen in the areas mentioned above, we need a squad of players. It’s easy to say the likes of Freemantle and White are not good enough etc, but neither is going to be starting week in week out. If they are let go, we need to replace them with lads who are in theory better, on similar money and who are happy to be bit part players. Big ask.

For me, I’d rather retain them (they know the club having come through the system, local and have seen progression into the fringes of the first team, so (hopefully) will be hungry to kick on and earn more regular minutes.

Both would benefit from a loan to get regular football, but for me keeping them and bringing in better first teamers is the priority.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Tue May 17, 2022 9:22 am

Mayo wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:00 am
While we do need to strengthen in the areas mentioned above, we need a squad of players. It’s easy to say the likes of Freemantle and White are not good enough etc, but neither is going to be starting week in week out. If they are let go, we need to replace them with lads who are in theory better, on similar money and who are happy to be bit part players. Big ask.

For me, I’d rather retain them (they know the club having come through the system, local and have seen progression into the fringes of the first team, so (hopefully) will be hungry to kick on and earn more regular minutes.

Both would benefit from a loan to get regular football, but for me keeping them and bringing in better first teamers is the priority.
Totally agree. We're never going to have a full squad of absolute top quality players who'll walk the league. What's important is that in the positions now available, and that's a lot - 2 CBs, 3 midfielders, one striker, we get absolute quality in for them. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater is great in theory, but sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Tue May 17, 2022 9:29 am

Mon May 16, 2022 10:44 pm
TWG85 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:32 pm
Mon May 16, 2022 4:33 pm
As I mentioned on another thread if I were Penn I'd be asking the question about Tom Leak. He would be perfect for you guys. Maybe been a ex team mate of freemantle he could convince him to join 🤔
What are your thoughts on the keeper Jack Rose who you've let go, Netherton Saddler? Far too good for this level and expect offers higher up? I see he'd been playing up until this season. Local, available and a good age. *fingers crossed*

Also how's the fella Tom Leak's recovery pace?
Jack Rose was decent when given the chance.Had to play second fiddle last few years. Was never gonna dislodge Rushworth this season. Leaks recovery pace is decent.Hes always looked good when he's played for us. He never gave Andy Cook a kick against Bradford at our place. He made his debut for us against Southend at roots Hall season before last got chucked in at the deep end stood up to the task really well in a defence that was leaking goals for fun. Scraped a nil nil draw that night
Good stuff, Netherton Saddler. Cheers for the intel. Sounds like could have two feasible options there. :thumbsup:

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue May 17, 2022 9:35 am

Agree about clearing some out as we fell short somewhat.
White and Freemantle will be decent players for us but will fail to develop sitting on the bench, starting the odd fa trophy game here and there and having the last 15-20 minutes of a league game. Farm them out until January, they'll come back fitter, stronger, more experienced and better for it.
Bell, Carrington and Montrose going frees up wages, Bell especially as hes hardly featured and clearly a mistake signing, thats three decent players coming in for them.
Still amazed likes of OSJ gets a contract but we are in 'discussions' with Cameron? Discussions about what? Just offer the deal! Hes a must keep.
Moyo, harsh as it sounds, needs to be moved on. Hardly played, doesnt get in the eleven. Will he be same player after his injuries?

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:16 am

tonythescout wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:35 am
Agree about clearing some out as we fell short somewhat.
White and Freemantle will be decent players for us but will fail to develop sitting on the bench, starting the odd fa trophy game here and there and having the last 15-20 minutes of a league game. Farm them out until January, they'll come back fitter, stronger, more experienced and better for it.
Bell, Carrington and Montrose going frees up wages, Bell especially as hes hardly featured and clearly a mistake signing, thats three decent players coming in for them.
Still amazed likes of OSJ gets a contract but we are in 'discussions' with Cameron? Discussions about what? Just offer the deal! Hes a must keep.
Moyo, harsh as it sounds, needs to be moved on. Hardly played, doesnt get in the eleven. Will he be same player after his injuries?
My guess with Moyo is he will be offered to use our facilities to help with his recovery. We'll then assess whether to offer him a contract after that. The issue with that is he lives up in Manchester and was part of the car school with Carrington and Simpson which is probably why talks are ongoing

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Tue May 17, 2022 10:31 am

I would be more than happy for Palmer to be given a chance at owning the number 1 shirt. No point in developing players, giving them experience on loan (successful too) and then getting rid of them or keeping them on ice indefinitely.

Also happy with White and Freementle being given more time. I guarantee that as soon as we release White, he will score a hattrick against us and then get signed by a League 1 club. This could be his breakthrough season.

Freementle has shown more than enough to earn a contract.

I suspect Montrose was on a decent wage so a great opportunity to get a strong, solid midfielder to be the anchor/playmaker...Danny Williams mold would be great (if only).

OSJ has natural talent and with the application that Freementle applies to his game, for example, just imagine how good he could be. I'm sure Russ will get the best out of him (if he accepts the contract).

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Tue May 17, 2022 11:07 am

I agree on Palmer, I wouldn't have any concern with him in the #1 shirt following his recent progression, especially if it means more ££ for the key players we need outfield.