4th round. Who do we want? We get West Ham

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 4th round. Who do we want? We get West Ham

Post by millzeuk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:59 pm

koro wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:45 pm
Interesting it's Halifax attendees over Reading attendees. Again, would be interesting to hear the reasoning with this. I have no issue with it btw and have a couple of theories. Maybe we will never know.
Probably because the Reading game attracted more of the young troublemaker types and the glory hunters and those who bought tickets to sell on at inflated prices.
Or the accounts from the Halifax game were already tagged so saved on manpower to do it again.

Always going to be some who disagree with how it’s been done and are disappointed.

Think price is steep but I’ll be there. COYR

Edgar T Peaceful
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:32 pm

I can't go sadly because I have to be in London in the evening and it's a bit too tight to make it. Perversely this has allowed me to attend the Palace vs Hartlepool game (a sell out) but I'd rather be at Aggborough for this one.

If anyone is desperate for an extra ticket, get in touch. [Edit: closed now!]
Last edited by Edgar T Peaceful on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm

koro wrote:
Interesting it's Halifax attendees over Reading attendees. Again, would be interesting to hear the reasoning with this. I have no issue with it btw and have a couple of theories. Maybe we will never know.
Probably because the Reading game attracted more of the young troublemaker types and the glory hunters and those who bought tickets to sell on at inflated prices.
That's one theory!

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:48 pm

Harry Err wrote:
Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:31 pm
Reasonable pricing given what they could have tried. And a simple system for allocating I suppose. Wonder if they considered incentives for attending this Saturday.

Disappointing WH have so many tickets. Expect there wasn't the appetite security wise for anything else.

I suspect there aren't enough to go round if every STH and every Reading purchaser wanted a West Ham ticket.

We had roughly 300 more home fans vs Reading than Halifax. Add on a small number of STH who didn't go to the Reading game but will likely go to West Ham and there would probably be 350 or so more who would qualify for a ticket if they used Reading rather than Halifax.

For a game such as this there are bound to be more tickets made available to sponsors so fewer for regular fans so they had to use Halifax attendance is they were going to base it on a single match.

I doubt many will hit general sale as even if STH or Halifax attendees can't go I'm sure they'll have people tapping them up for access to their ticket.
Seems like a reasonable take to me .

stockley2
Youth team
Youth team

Post by stockley2 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Edgar.

Is your ticket for the North Stand.

Thanks

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:49 pm

No problems from my end.

Might be a little “I’m alright, Jack” because it doesn’t impact me considering I can count on one hand the amount of games I’ve missed this season (I think)

Please don’t interpret this as a I’m better than you, because it isn’t the intention.

People will always be disappointed so there’s no perfect solution. As has been said, those who were legitimately unable to do Halifax, I feel for.

Half season tickets. Now this will be controversial, and I might be out of touch because it’s not a position that I’m in.

We are not halfway. 21 home games, we’ve played 9.
The whole point of a ST is to give priority access. Now, people are crying out for half season tickets because there’s a huge game on the horizon. Let’s take out the West Ham game - how much half season ticket demand would there be?

Now don’t get me wrong, I understand it. You want to increase your odds of getting the jackpot. Naturally.

Using a roulette wheel as an analogy. The ball has landed on red.

Those who purchased season tickets took a gamble and stuck their chips on red.

Those who didn’t, put it on black and didn’t buy, lost.

It’s luck of the draw, ironically. Now there’s always going to be cases where someone was unable to renew, and I sympathise. But one of the incentives for a ST is priority for big games as a reward for being there. Those who took that gamble are now reaping their rewards.

Hell; if it was like this for Sunderland I’d have been one of the moaners because I want to go but wouldn’t have been able to. But that would’ve been the price I’d have paid for being at uni and not doing an ST.

Appreciate I’m probably out of touch, but seeing the amount of chat online about it, some of it seems to be out of self interest or just something to moan about because we shouldn’t have nice things…
He who dares...wins

Joe Stalin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Joe Stalin » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:56 pm

Edgar - have sent you a DM!! Thanks.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:33 pm

harriershane wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:49 pm
Half season tickets. Now this will be controversial, and I might be out of touch because it’s not a position that I’m in.

The whole point of a ST is to give priority access. Now, people are crying out for half season tickets because there’s a huge game on the horizon. Let’s take out the West Ham game - how much half season ticket demand would there be?

Now don’t get me wrong, I understand it. You want to increase your odds of getting the jackpot. Naturally.
Think you're missing the point, and it is a bit 'alright Jack'.

I don't think anyone is feeling genuinely discriminated against that half season tickets weren't offered. It's just the gargantuan missed opportunity.

It's another unenforced error from the club. The number of remaining games are immaterial. Would you have had 3000 people paying roughly £150-160 for a 'half' (or 3/5ths, whatever it is) season ticket and West Ham ticket? No. So the Halifax attendees would have had a chance. But you would have bumped up the revenue for those who could afford it, and secured a much bigger backing for the biggest run-in the club's had in five years.

It's precisely that there's demand because of the West Ham game that's meant we should have taken advantage. It's the sort of question I'd love to see answered from the club at the next forum. Lane, who bangs on about the club being self-sufficient has missed an open goal. They've taken THIS long over ticketing, and come up with the most basic option possible. We're supposed to have professionals in charge. What on earth have Male/Lane/Biggerstaff/McDonald been doing for two weeks?!
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:21 pm

I gather the delay has partly been caused by awaiting the Police responce to attending the game

This isn’t normal times where you ask for police support and they turn up. Unfortunately Covid has ravaged the Police just as much as the NHS, Fire Service and any other service we rely on, and as such trying to get guarantees must have been a nightmare!

BobGreenwoodsDad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by BobGreenwoodsDad » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 pm

In past seasons (Sunderland, play-offs) STHs have been able to buy more than one ticket (if I recall correctly, it was four ?). The difference this year is that STHs only get one ticket each. My lad had been a season ticket holder for years, but has gone to Uni. My daughter has been to many matches (and will be going tomorrow for instance) but never had a season ticket. None of us could go to the Halifax game. I still have my ST so I can get a ticket, but my kids are likely to struggle. I am not complaining, and there will be many more deserving people than my kids, but I am feeling a bit sore at the moment. I am sure many regulars who couldn’t make the Halifax game will be feeling the same - but, whatever the club did, someone would feel hard done by

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:48 pm

I expect many tickets will be reserved for the family and friends of club staff and players. Not moaning about it but has an impact.

I am sure there will be some who will be a little peeved if / when the Norwegians get tickets.

Was there a danger of overselling if they offered priority to those who came to a couple of home games in the future? And again, would have been plenty who'd moan because they'd not be able to do this.

I wonder if the ticketing system could have recognised those who'd purchased/attended, say, three to five home league games this year? Perhaps that wasn't possible.

The delay was probably security related and because we tried to get it switched. However, I can see some sense in making it fairly simple.

Wonder how many will turn up tomorrow.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:50 pm

harry211 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:33 pm
harriershane wrote:

I don't think anyone is feeling genuinely discriminated against that half season tickets weren't offered. It's just the gargantuan missed opportunity.

It's another unenforced error from the club. The number of remaining games are immaterial. Would you have had 3000 people paying roughly £150-160 for a 'half' (or 3/5ths, whatever it is) season ticket and West Ham ticket? No. So the Halifax attendees would have had a chance. But you would have bumped up the revenue for those who could afford it, and secured a much bigger backing for the biggest run-in the club's had in five years.

It's precisely that there's demand because of the West Ham game that's meant we should have taken advantage. It's the sort of question I'd love to see answered from the club at the next forum. Lane, who bangs on about the club being self-sufficient has missed an open goal. They've taken THIS long over ticketing, and come up with the most basic option possible. We're supposed to have professionals in charge. What on earth have Male/Lane/Biggerstaff/McDonald been doing for two weeks?!
I would like to know if they considered this. Might be a perfectly sensible reason why it wasn't done. Probably find out eventually. Maybe a pre-season forum!!

Tom.10
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Tom.10 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:08 pm

harry211 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:33 pm
harriershane wrote:

Exactly this. I wouldn't buy a half ST, I live too far away. Would have been a massive earner for the club and wouldn't have any effect on current ST holders

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:59 am

Considering the club have had nearly two weeks to consider a ticketing plan for the biggest home game in years, they have simply rolled out the same process for the previous lower key fixtures.

The half season ticket idea as proposed on here was a good one.

Not all fans would have had those kind of funds to call upon but, I’m sure we could have tempted 200-300 with this.

Personally I think a ‘ flexi season ticket ‘ initiative would have trumped that number and been a real success, I think we may have had up to 500 go for this.

‘ Guarantee your Hammers ticket by purchasing 6 home league tickets to help Russ & the boys in the promotion push ‘

The reward being they’re second in line for West Ham tickets after existing ST holders for Hammers tickets.

I think the realisation of the opportunity missed will only dawn on our owner along with the ticketing, commercial & marketing departments week commencing Monday 7 February.

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:03 am

North Stand Ultra wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:59 am
Considering the club have had nearly two weeks to consider a ticketing plan for the biggest home game i :like: n years, they have simply rolled out the same process for the previous lower key fixtures.

The half season ticket idea as proposed on here was a good one.

Not all fans would have had those kind of funds to call upon but, I’m sure we could have tempted 200-300 with this.

Personally I think a ‘ flexi season ticket ‘ initiative would have trumped that number and been a real success, I think we may have had up to 500 go for this.

‘ Guarantee your Hammers ticket by purchasing 6 home league tickets to help Russ & the boys in the promotion push ‘

The reward being they’re second in line for West Ham tickets after existing ST holders for Hammers tickets.

I think the realisation of the opportunity missed will only dawn on our owner along with the ticketing, commercial & marketing departments week commencing Monday 7 February.
:like: :like: :like: