4th round. Who do we want? We get West Ham

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 4th round. Who do we want? West Ham

Post by Swansea Harrier » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:07 pm

MidlandsHammer wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:03 pm
Afternoon Ladies and Gents, Midlands based West Ham fan here. How you feeling about the draw? I remember the last game between us and hope we are a bit more convincing this time round!

Looking forward to visiting a proper stadium and seeing the game. Although from a revenue point I bet you wish they could swap the ties like days gone by and take the extra revenue. Although never know you could cause an upset and get Man City away next round!

What players should we take a keen interest in before hand and what should we expect from a day out at your place?

Good Luck btw, but obviously hope you don't get another day out in this years competition
Thanks for your kind words MidlandsHammer. Absolutely thrilled to draw the team currently fifth in the Premier League and looking forward to welcoming you to Aggborough!

I imagine West Ham will see this competition as a genuine opportunity for silverware, so I expect you'll field a very strong side (as Chelsea did against Chesterfield).

Personally, while I'd have loved a big six side away for the revenue, I'm glad it's going to be another special day at Aggborough. I can't believe the parallels with our run in 1994 - we beat struggling Chsmpionship outfit Reading 28 years to the day since we beat struggling Division One Birmingham City. That year, I'm round four we beat a Preston North End side featuring David Moyes before bowing out to the Hammers in round five. Now Moyes and West Ham return!

I'm sceptical of what state we'll be in as we're playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday right up till the West Ham tie. As you'd expect we only have a small squad so January is going to stretch us to the limit. From the side that played Reading, Bajrami catches the eye at centre back and Sam Austin and Amari Morgan-Smith had great games at the other end of the pitch.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Aggborough! The famous pies are sadly no more, but it promises to be a great day with a fabulous atmosphere.

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:22 pm

Swansea Harrier wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:07 pm
MidlandsHammer wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:03 pm
Afternoon Ladies and Gents, Midlands based West Ham fan here. How you feeling about the draw? I remember the last game between us and hope we are a bit more convincing this time round!

Looking forward to visiting a proper stadium and seeing the game. Although from a revenue point I bet you wish they could swap the ties like days gone by and take the extra revenue. Although never know you could cause an upset and get Man City away next round!

What players should we take a keen interest in before hand and what should we expect from a day out at your place?

Good Luck btw, but obviously hope you don't get another day out in this years competition
Thanks for your kind words MidlandsHammer. Absolutely thrilled to draw the team currently fifth in the Premier League and looking forward to welcoming you to Aggborough!

I imagine West Ham will see this competition as a genuine opportunity for silverware, so I expect you'll field a very strong side (as Chelsea did against Chesterfield).

Personally, while I'd have loved a big six side away for the revenue, I'm glad it's going to be another special day at Aggborough. I can't believe the parallels with our run in 1994 - we beat struggling Chsmpionship outfit Reading 28 years to the day since we beat struggling Division One Birmingham City. That year, I'm round four we beat a Preston North End side featuring David Moyes before bowing out to the Hammers in round five. Now Moyes and West Ham return!

I'm sceptical of what state we'll be in as we're playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday right up till the West Ham tie. As you'd expect we only have a small squad so January is going to stretch us to the limit. From the side that played Reading, Bajrami catches the eye at centre back and Sam Austin and Amari Morgan-Smith had great games at the other end of the pitch.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Aggborough! The famous pies are sadly no more, but it promises to be a great day with a fabulous atmosphere.
You forgot to add that in 1994 Birmingham City were owned by Sullivan / Gold and run by one Karen Brady..

The same threesome now owning and running West Ham!

You really couldn’t make this up!

koro
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by koro » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:25 pm

And if you recall, the game against PNE in round 3 featured David Moyes as a defender.

Cowsheds
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Cowsheds » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 pm

I wonder if we could all rally together to get the Murdochs back with their famous pies before the West Ham game. Surely it'll benefit everyone. Let's get the pies back!!

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:12 pm

Yes and get rid of that ghastly Burger van with the outsize hotdogs. Bring back Murdoch's

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:24 pm

Harry Aire wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:12 pm
Yes and get rid of that ghastly Burger van with the outsize hotdogs. Bring back Murdoch's
Think the club would be pushing at an open door with this - and allow them to increase capacity for the game. Win-win surely!
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:49 pm

Leeds beat then 3-2 today. Softening them up for us

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:51 pm

I wonder if West Ham will do a Grimbsy and totally go downhill from the moment they draw us.

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:58 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:51 pm
I wonder if West Ham will do a Grimbsy and totally go downhill from the moment they draw us.
Would be tough, they've only got 1 more game between now and then. We have 5

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:03 pm

Phil wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:49 pm
Leeds beat then 3-2 today. Softening them up for us
They're getting scared of that great Aggborough "banana skin"!

Tom.10
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Tom.10 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Jimmy and Russ were at the West Ham game today doing their homework. Massive hats off to them travelling down to London after a late night back from Darlington yesterday.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm

Christ you're right. Only one game before they play us.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Tom.10 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm
Jimmy and Russ were at the West Ham game today doing their homework. Massive hats off to them travelling down to London after a late night back from Darlington yesterday.
I can think of worse jobs!

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 4th round. Who do we want? We get West Ham

Post by harry211 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:27 pm

Is it not now a bit strange that there's no ticket news yet? Less than three weeks go? Especially if it's going to be tied up with other tickets.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 4th round. Who do we want? We get West Ham

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:35 am

I'd just like to be the first to complain about the club's decision on West Ham tickets.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin