Season Ticket - Club Statement

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Season ticket statement from club

Poll ended at Thu May 20, 2021 7:08 am

1. To receive a refund in full.
4%
2. To have your season ticket rolled over to next season.
20%
3. To donate the 50% value of your season ticket to the club.
7%
4. To donate the full value of your season ticket to the club.
24%
And also (you can vote in both sections) do you think this was the correct way of doing things? --- DO NOT TICK THIS BOX
No votes
Yes
7%
No
38%

Total votes: 55

BishBashBosh
Youth team
Youth team

Season Ticket - Club Statement

Post by BishBashBosh » Wed May 12, 2021 2:24 pm

thought I'd start a fresh thread for the clubs response to Season Tickets;

https://harriers.co.uk/news/2021/05/12/open-letter-to-all-harriers-supporters/

.. personally think its a very honest and open statement and a perfect time to come together if we want a team for the future

WBAKHFC123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Season Ticket - Club Statement

Post by WBAKHFC123 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm

Not personally a STH but my god that statement is terrible from my perspective.

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Wed May 12, 2021 2:33 pm

Whilst I understand the club's position I do not agree that it is, in their own words, "a conflict between what it morally right and what is commercially right". It is a conflict between what is legally right and what is commercially right.

They should have asked a 5th option which is if the club refused refunds would your future expenditure at the club likely drop by more than the amount the club has withheld?

I appreciate they are looking for cash as are most businesses however the only options in law must be refund or if the purchaser is happy a roll-over to next season. Any other requests for donations should be done separately. I'm sure if any STH or any other supporter for that matter wishes to donate £300 the club won't refuse it however it shouldn't be confiscated under the guise of STH sales for a season where we couldn't attend.
Last edited by Harry Err on Wed May 12, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cjh201170
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by cjh201170 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm

No survey is required. All options should be extended to supporters.

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Wed May 12, 2021 2:38 pm

I am a season ticket holder and find it absolutely unbelievable that the club are asking us to do a survey 3 months after the season finished to get our views! If this was the approach they wanted to take, it could’ve / should’ve been done 3 months ago. What exactly have they been discussing over the past three months if they’re just then going to ask the fans what they think?! Awful, awful statement. Completely predictable in the fact they’re asking for the fans support now. This was so avoidable

Harry Err
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Err » Wed May 12, 2021 2:39 pm

cjh201170 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm
No survey is required. All options should be extended to supporters.
Correct.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed May 12, 2021 2:45 pm

The preamble is fair although I do not agree with the reasons for wanting to play on. Good apology for the delay in communication.
With regard the financial situation, this does somewhat beg the question of why contracts are being dished out if money is that tight.

However, am I reading this correctly? If a majority say "I am happy to donate the full value" then NO-ONE gets a refund? That can't be right surely. Or legal?

"The survey results will be used to inform the Board’s decision and will ensure that our supporters have had an opportunity to input into the outcome."

Don't give us a survey choice and then say it will help you make a decision, give us a real choice of what we want to do now. I will forfeit my season ticket from last season - I am convinced the majority would choose option 4. I want to buy one for next season. Offer me that choice as a real choice now. But it is not going to play well if you refuse those that want a refund on the basis that more than 50% of STH don't! Please, tell me I have interpreted this incorrectly.

Edgar T Peaceful
1st team
1st team

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Wed May 12, 2021 2:58 pm

As noted multiple times above - *all* the choices should be extended to season ticket holders and they can make their own decision.

I won't be asking for a full refund but I certainly would not criticise those that do. If the club don't offer full refunds I suspect that the customer (ugh!) would have a good case for getting a chargeback via their bank.
Sam

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Wed May 12, 2021 3:06 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:45 pm
The preamble is fair although I do not agree with the reasons for wanting to play on. Good apology for the delay in communication.
With regard the financial situation, this does somewhat beg the question of why contracts are being dished out if money is that tight.

However, am I reading this correctly? If a majority say "I am happy to donate the full value" then NO-ONE gets a refund? That can't be right surely. Or legal?

"The survey results will be used to inform the Board’s decision and will ensure that our supporters have had an opportunity to input into the outcome."

Don't give us a survey choice and then say it will help you make a decision, give us a real choice of what we want to do now. I will forfeit my season ticket from last season - I am convinced the majority would choose option 4. I want to buy one for next season. Offer me that choice as a real choice now. But it is not going to play well if you refuse those that want a refund on the basis that more than 50% of STH don't! Please, tell me I have interpreted this incorrectly.
I also interpret it this way. Should be just left to individual sth to decide, a vote is unnecessary, i also will donate full value.

Whilst some sort of holding communication should have been made, can understand why a decision was not made 3 months ago, things were very fluid then with no idea of an outcome to the season.

howells
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by howells » Wed May 12, 2021 3:09 pm

What a joke statement. I was happy to roll it over but now may have to pay again depending on the survey. Grow some balls and make a decision instead of this bullshit.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed May 12, 2021 3:17 pm

If you feel able to complete the survey these are the questions:

1. To receive a refund in full.
2. To have your season ticket rolled over to next season.
3. To donate the 50% value of your season ticket to the club.
4. To donate the full value of your season ticket to the club.

And this is the link to the survey:

https://s.surveyplanet.com/yHCIx6bWt#

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Wed May 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Well, I never saw that approach coming!

This questionnaire is open to anyone to submit a response (and multiple entires), surely it should only be open to ST holders! It’s definitely open to abuse and there’s also no way of verifying the true outcome.

Just open up all options to ST Holders and suck it up. The longer it continues the more people will get hacked off and lose what very thin patience they have left.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed May 12, 2021 3:52 pm

GloucesterHarrier wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:19 pm
Well, I never saw that approach coming!

This questionnaire is open to anyone to submit a response (and multiple entires), surely it should only be open to ST holders! It’s definitely open to abuse and there’s also no way of verifying the true outcome.

Just open up all options to ST Holders and suck it up. The longer it continues the more people will get hacked off and lose what very thin patience they have left.

Crikey, that's a good point.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Wed May 12, 2021 4:15 pm

I am surprised by the statement also, it's almost like this situation has only just occurred to them.

The thing is, I would imagine that STHs are the most likely to take it on the chin, effectively donate the 20/21 ST cost and probably buy another for next season. It's a slam dunk for the club as a business (punters happy to chuck money in and get nothing out) if they just came out early doors and were open and honest they would have preserved the goodwill of the fans and likely had a more predictable financial picture.

Possibly a different story on the commercial side, where sponsors, advertisers etc may well take a far more hard nosed approach to their investment.

I don't hold a ST any more as I live too far away to get to enough games, but I sponsor a player in lieu of it. I don't expect a refund for that, but perhaps a corporate sponsor may see it differently.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Tom.10
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Tom.10 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:21 pm

My first concern after reading the statement was that I, as a non season ticket holder, could complete the survey!

Surely these should all be options for each ST holder?

How has it come to this?! Much less likely to get ST donations from the way they have handled this.