How best to re-open Aggborough?

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Re: How best to re-open Aggborough?

Post by Medieval » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 pm

As I see it, yes, NLN have more in common with the rest of society, but if one player from a club gets the virus, then the club, presumably, will have to quarantine for 14 days. Could cause havoc with the fixtures.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 pm

On Stephen Cleeve’s latest podcast(yesterday), he “understands” it will be 30% of capacity to start with.

On Darragh MacAnthony’s pod, he is expecting a 12th September start with 20% at the start up to 50% at Xmas and 100% come new year.

Given its closer to our level I’d be more inclined to lean towards cleeve
He who dares...wins

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:54 pm

harriershane wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 pm
On Stephen Cleeve’s latest podcast(yesterday), he “understands” it will be 30% of capacity to start with.

On Darragh MacAnthony’s pod, he is expecting a 12th September start with 20% at the start up to 50% at Xmas and 100% come new year.

McAnthony makes no sense. Up to 50% in late December but 100% in January. Hmm. Think this is pissing in the wind really.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Delph Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Delph Harrier » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:55 am

harriershane wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 pm

30% would be fine for us would'nt it?

Would give us scope to cater for upto 1,800 potenially.

As long as sufficient planning is carried out and all attendees are seated i would say that's achievable.
Would obviously mean all - ticket fixtures to ensure everyone is spaced out and seated correctly.
Last edited by Delph Harrier on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:33 am

Isn't every match already 'all ticket' with the new system?

I don't think the fans are an issue - we may be lucky to get 1,000 through the gates.

As Medieval points out, the players are the real issue.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:22 am

The new ticketing system works well as a potential track and trace solution. If we were to make it home fans only, we'd be increasing the number of available toilets, entrances \ exits available and space for people to spreadout

My understanding with the 1m distancing is that this is mainly aimed at face to face interactions, so sitting on the row in front \ behind could be ok. I'd be surprised if face masks weren't required though especially as it is suggested on the BBC this morning that it is possible that they may become required in all shops soon

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:13 pm

millzeuk wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:22 am
The new ticketing system works well as a potential track and trace solution. If we were to make it home fans only, we'd be increasing the number of available toilets, entrances \ exits available and space for people to spreadout

My understanding with the 1m distancing is that this is mainly aimed at face to face interactions, so sitting on the row in front \ behind could be ok. I'd be surprised if face masks weren't required though especially as it is suggested on the BBC this morning that it is possible that they may become required in all shops soon
Is that an enforced required, or an “enforced required”. I get 3-5 buses a day for work, and last week I was only asked 3 times out of the 18 or so times I caught a bus why I didn’t have one on. (Asthma)
He who dares...wins

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm

https://twitter.com/ThomasFeaheny/status/1281296561092395009 https://twitter.com/ThomasFeaheny/status/1281568976821264386

Delph Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Delph Harrier » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Dortmond are close to agreeing a deal with Bundesliga to allow 30% into their stadium.

Looking likely it will be 30% across the board to start with.

There was a guy on Hawkesby & Jacobs show on talksport yesterday who thought upto 4 people from the same bubble would be allowed to be seated together.

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:07 pm

We can confirm that the UK Government approved our plan for the return of outdoor competitive grassroots football late last night, Friday 17 July 2020.

As a result, the grassroots football community now has the opportunity to return to football and prepare for the start of the new season.

We've been working hard over recent weeks to prepare guidelines for the safe return of grassroots football and, following Government approval, these are now ready for publication.

Football activity can take place with necessary modifications in place to mitigate the transmission risk of COVID-19.

We would strongly recommend a phased return to competitive football activity as follows:

• Until 31 July – When ready, you can begin competitive training, with the overall group size (inclusive of coaches) being limited to 30 people;

• From August – Competitive matches to begin, for example pre-season fixtures, festivals and small sided football competitions;

From September – Grassroots leagues, men’s National League System, Women’s Football Pyramid tiers 3 to 6, and FA Competitions can commence.

Clubs, players, coaches, match officials, league officials, volunteers, parents/carers, spectators and football facility providers should read our full guidelines, which are accessible below, in addition to the latest Government guidance on COVID-19.

A return to competitive football should only happen once clubs and facility providers have completed the necessary risk assessments and comprehensive plans are in place.

A summary of key points to consider from our guidelines are listed for ease below:

• Everyone should self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms before every training session or match. If you are symptomatic or living in a household with possible or actual COVID-19 infection you must not participate or attend;

• Clubs and facility providers should ensure that their facility is compliant with current Government legislation and guidance related to COVID-19;

• Competitive training is now permitted, with groups limited to a maximum of 30 people, including coaches;

• Competitive match play is permitted, with social distancing in place before and after the match, and in any breaks in play;

• Players and officials should sanitise hands before and after a game as well as scheduled breaks throughout a game or training session;

• Ball handling should be kept to a minimum with most contact via a boot and the ball disinfected in breaks of play;

• Youth football coaches are encouraged to limit persistent close proximity of participants during match play and training;

• Goal celebrations should be avoided;

• Equipment should not be shared, and goalkeepers should ensure they disinfect their gloves regularly in breaks in training or matches and thoroughly afterwards. Where possible, coaches should only handle equipment in training;

• Where possible, players, coaches and officials should arrive changed and shower at home. Use of changing and shower facilities must follow government advice on the use of indoor facilities;

• Participants should follow best practice for travel including minimising use of public transport and walking or cycling if possible. People from a household or support bubble can travel together in a vehicle

• Clubs should keep a record of attendees at a match or training session, including contact details, to support NHS Test and Trace;

• Clubs should ensure they are affiliated with their County Football Association.

Separate guidance has been developed for clubs with teams competing in the men’s National League System (NLS) and the Women’s Football Pyramid tiers 3 to 6.

This will support these clubs on the safe return of paying spectators and also the applicability of the guidance to facilities under Ground Grading conditions, to ensure the safe return of competitive matches.

Please note that at this stage, indoor football and Futsal is not permitted. We will look to work with indoor facility providers to develop appropriate guidance for indoor formats as soon as possible.

James Kendall, Director of Football Development at The FA, said: “We're delighted that the Government has given the go-ahead for competitive grassroots football to return. The past few months have been some of the most challenging times not just for football, but across society, and today’s news will be welcomed by the grassroots football community all over the country.

“Now that we are able to look ahead to the new season, it’s crucial that we continue to do all we can to follow safety measures, both as advised by the government and specifically for football.

“I would encourage anyone returning to competitive grassroots football to take the time to read this guidance, prepare thoroughly and to adopt our recommended approach to phasing football back in. I would also like to thank you for playing your vital part in helping our great game to get going again.”

The full guidance document can be downloaded below, along with a short summary for all those involved in restarting activity.

You can also read our FAQs document around this.
http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jul/17/grassroots-guidance-for-competitive-football-restart-in-england-170720
Last edited by TWG85 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Competitive match play is permitted
Obviously no one told the Baggies last night........ :lol:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:17 pm

Some key proposed dates for FA competitions
-FA Cup: Extra Prelim 1st Sept
Prelim 12th Sept
1st Qualifying Round 22nd Sept
-FA Vase: 1st Qualifying Round 19th Sept
2nd Qualifying Round 10th October
-FA Trophy: 1st Qualifying Round 26th Sept
2nd Qualifying Round 17th October

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:52 pm

No clear guidance for a return to spectators being able to attend games.

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:07 pm

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1284521115466059776 The FA have said this

TWG85
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by TWG85 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:26 pm

The more thought I give to this I really don't know how they're going to pull this off, regarding fan attendance anytime soon.

Things like limited capacity, spacing people out & employing some semblance of social distancing are all well & good. But what about for example getting to & from your seat? In order to do so you have to walk across your row & squeeze past people. Is everybody going to get up & exit the row, & give you space?

And what about exiting & entering the stadium? Are you going to employ vast amounts of extra security, to ensure people do so in installments & there isn't a big pile-up directly inside & outside the stadium?

I'm again filled with great pessimism.