Peniket gone.....

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

TrialistA
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Peniket gone.....

Post by TrialistA » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:55 pm

I wish him well for the future and would like to thank him for explaining the reason for his departure.

Most of us could name a number of players that have hung on, picking up their pay packets, to the end of their contracts and have rarely pulled on the shirt.

Peniket could have done the same . . . but hasn't.

Whatever his issues, I hope they're quickly resolved and, speaking personally, I'd be pleased to see him back in football . . . at any level. He came into football because, presumably, he loved the game. This can't have been an easy decision.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:08 pm

It takes a big man to face up to issues, especially where mental health is concerned. To give up something, presumably, that he loves is a tough, tough call. He is a young man with many, many years ahead of him. He has to do what’s right by him and his family. To label it “unprofessional” is frankly, symptomatic of a complete lack of empathy shown in wider society for these issues and say more about the accuser than the accused.

Let us all, as a forum, as a collective, take this opportunity to look inwards and finally consider what the impact of our comments can have on HUMAN BEINGS who are playing SIXTH TIER FOOTBALL.

Hopefully, Richard can do what he needs to do. Good luck to him
He who dares...wins

Grumpy old man
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grumpy old man » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:32 pm

I agree 100%. Shall hope to hear positive news of Richard in the future.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:45 pm

In surprised given his lack of goals during his career no Coach had tried to convert him to a centre back.
His height and aerial presence might have paid better dividends.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:50 pm

All the best to Richard and I hope he successfully comes through whatever he is facing.

From what I saw of him looked a good player and not just as a target man as he could run with the ball but goes without saying everyone would want more goals including himself. If and when he's ready to return to football think he could bang more goals in at a lower level and then head on back up the ladder. But the main thing is health and do what makes you happy :-)

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:58 pm

Good luck Richard. I hope things work out well.

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mystic » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 am

I was pleasantly surprised with what he offered the team, lack of goals notwithstanding. We will miss his presence and as has been alluded to in previous posts he made a good foil for Chamber (and potentially Samuels).

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:55 am

harry211 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:28 pm
All the people knocking him frankly have next to no understanding of football and different systems. Numerous target men at this club and elsewhere have suffered for it for years.
Robbie Matthews was rubbish and you know it!
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:52 pm

garthrockett wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:45 pm
In surprised given his lack of goals during his career no Coach had tried to convert him to a centre back.
His height and aerial presence might have paid better dividends.
I thought the same. So many good aspects to his game but the only problem was getting the ball in the net and maybe getting into the correct positions to do so.

Too often players are pigeonholed at an early age into a (wrong) position and it often takes a great manager to see it.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Morgan wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:55 am
harry211 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:28 pm
All the people knocking him frankly have next to no understanding of football and different systems. Numerous target men at this club and elsewhere have suffered for it for years.
Robbie Matthews was rubbish and you know it!
He was playing for us last time you came to a game, wasn't he? :twisted: :lol:
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------